• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

Pericles the Lion

Thanks for the nice increase in Red and Blue boosts from the Forgotten Temple. Big jump for the GBG troops. :)

The jump from 50% Blue boosts to 145% (in SAT) seems to be a leading indicator that some GBG battles will soon be using defense boosts just like GE Level 5. More changes looming, I think.

Dominator - X

The way opponents are chosen is terrible. When at the highest level, participation is punished - if you get 5th place you move down to an easier level where the number of fights you can get is ten times the fights you get on the map with the dominating, powerful guilds. 4th place and you are still stuck in the mud the next season. We always finish try to finish 5th when at the 1000 level, thus alternating every other season between 1000 level and 975 level. To finish 5th, sometimes we do not take a sector for 3 or 4 days. We would like to try our best every season but then we would never have good fighing seasons - under the present method.

Why not make opponent selection random from the entire pool of diamond level guilds. Then we could give maximum effort every season as nothing would be gained by easing up so as to finish 5th.
1 of the many short sighted issues INNO displayed is the current LP selection system. Capping it at 1000 is the real problem. It allows PL worthy guilds to advance to DL regularly, where they do not belong, just for having a successful season in PL or lower DL. If the LP's are not capped at 1000, the higher strength guilds will separate from the pack and can be matched together on the same map. Really, all guilds will settle where they should be and could be matched accordingly. INNO could even do a reset every 6-12 months to give guilds that have made advancements a chance to prove whether they belong in DL or not. Better to have a few bad seasons, unevenly matched with the wrong strength guilds, than repeatedly suffer from the same issue continuously.

Slavo76

Still junk....
The problem is you guys have 80 people guilds line up with 10 .... That is the fundamental problem here!
Edit: Also, you are making it overly complicated with so many different boosts as if attack and defense were not already complicated

Ebeondi Asi

I see the new Boost stats in Town Hall. Nice! And thanks for the added boost from the Forgotten Temple!!
In preparation for new rewards from GbG i discarded all my old GbG reward Fragments, Took some time since I had to remove them one frag at a time, but fun non the less. !!!

And I too am surprised at the lack of whining and threats of rage quitting! Those are always fun to read. ;)

Do the new boosts still apply to other areas of the game as they do now? So "Army boost in Guild Battlegrounds" will be used for the continent map, Exploration Sites, Quests, etc., and "Army boost in the Guild Expedition" will apply to PvP Arena and neighborhood defense.

Also, what happens if you drop out of Diamond during a Championship and then get back in the season after next. Even at 1000LP, one bad season (6th or lower) can drop you down to Platinum. Do your VP total and ranking reset? Related question, what if you're in Platinum when a Championship starts and then move back to Diamond the next season? Are you just SOL for 3 months? Are you not allowed to move up to Diamond? Can you move back up if you drop out? Not a concern for the powerhouses, but for others it might be.

I guess that wasn't really feedback, so ... As a member of a small guild (<10 members) this probably isn't going to be great for us and being on a map with more than 1 powerhouse guild will still be 11 days of frustration. At least it will be a little different, for a while. I don't think you can actually 'rebalance' GBG until you do something about the matchmaking. Remove the LP cap, change it to factor in Guild size, or use long term VP totals, something to make it more equitable.

Ebeondi Asi

The new boosts are only for what they say they are for. So not they do not affect other areas. and why the normal boots show in separate line in the Town Hall boosts.
IT should now be more of a possibility for small Diamond Guilds to take sectors. There is just not enough attrition for two Guilds to lock up the map full time. Particularly at night the big Guilds should be more vulnerable to lose sectors

Johnny B. Goode

And I too am surprised at the lack of whining and threats of rage quitting!
I'm not whining because I couldn't care less what they're doing to GBG. I don't do it because it is the one feature that is unsuitable for a one person guild. And I'm too apathetic about the game as a whole anymore to "rage" anything. They've screwed it up so bad from what it originally was that it's only habit that's kept me around so far. I'm more sad than anything else. Sad players don't rage quit, they just fade away.

Ebeondi Asi

Does not surprise me that you actually discarded them one fragment at a time. SMH
Yes. I lovingly looked at each fragment, told it that it was good Fragment, Told each it was a beautiful tiny treasure, and that it was worthy of becoming a whole item! I told each one I had to delete it to make way for the new fragments, just like it but different. Each one agreed it was time to go as I clicked it out of virtual existence. Sad but beautiful at the same time.

I'm betting I have more fun playing Foe than you do....

Darkest.Knight

Being the only active member of a 3 person guild makes it a bit of a challenge to stay in platinum or diamond leagues, I prefer platinum but occasionally bump up to diamond. Since I'm not doing as many fights these days I'm not sure how I'll feel about the changes, I know for certain I won't spend diamonds on anything. If I don't do as well, TFB for me; at this point doesn't make much of a difference. We'll c soon how it goes, lol.

Dominator - X

Yes. I lovingly looked at each fragment, told it that it was good Fragment, Told each it was a beautiful tiny treasure, and that it was worthy of becoming a whole item! I told each one I had to delete it to make way for the new fragments, just like it but different. Each one agreed it was time to go as I clicked it out of virtual existence. Sad but beautiful at the same time.

I'm betting I have more fun playing Foe than you do....
If lovingly looking at and having a conversation with inanimate objects is your idea of fun, then I would not disagree.

Coach Zuck

When they said won't change, they meant the system determining opponents is not changing from what you're used to.
this is just as horrible given they are changing the guild rankings to be primarily based on wins, then Mmr (which for top guilds will still always be 1000), then victory points

tomorrow morning the top guild on each server will become the one who gets no serious opponents, they will take the map unobstructed, every sector will take 400 encounters to complete (since the new siege camp like buildings are add 100% to the required encounters) and all the small guilds they're with will struggle to hold more than a sector or two for four hours.

I would be much happier to hear something like that the top 1-3 guilds in each match "win" and later matches in the same championship are based on how many wins each guild has had, at first pairing up everyone who won the first round.

I've no idea how this crud can even be called a championship with how flawed the matchmaking is and always has been.

Coach Zuck

Still junk....
The problem is you guys have 80 people guilds line up with 10 .... That is the fundamental problem here!
Edit: Also, you are making it overly complicated with so many different boosts as if attack and defense were not already complicated
yes, it is a problem that those guilds with 10 members can amass the 1000 league points required to get placed with the big guilds.

Angry.Blanket

this is just as horrible given they are changing the guild rankings to be primarily based on wins, then Mmr (which for top guilds will still always be 1000), then victory points

tomorrow morning the top guild on each server will become the one who gets no serious opponents, they will take the map unobstructed, every sector will take 400 encounters to complete (since the new siege camp like buildings are add 100% to the required encounters) and all the small guilds they're with will struggle to hold more than a sector or two for four hours.

I would be much happier to hear something like that the top 1-3 guilds in each match "win" and later matches in the same championship are based on how many wins each guild has had, at first pairing up everyone who won the first round.

I've no idea how this crud can even be called a championship with how flawed the matchmaking is and always has been.
Isn't it about which guild is strongest ? Why should a smaller weaker guild even be in the running.

chaskas

Well opening day and whats changed Servers still suck big time (kicked out 5 times) server error When I finally got into battle ground lag was horrendous almost unplayable But in fairness Inno have made it easier for the top guilds sadly we dont fall into that bracket So in conclusion changes suck and