• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

Dominator - X

Well opening day and whats changed Servers still suck big time (kicked out 5 times) server error When I finally got into battle ground lag was horrendous almost unplayable But in fairness Inno have made it easier for the top guilds sadly we dont fall into that bracket So in conclusion changes suck and
Yep. And INNO will tell you to make some adjustments to YOUR system. It is never THEIR system. Get accustomed to it.

Darkest.Knight

No server problem here and small guilds have always been at the disadvantage; don't really know why anyone is surprised that it hasn't changed. Too early to say if it's worse, got 35 diamonds after 2 fights, lol, that looks good.

Danndy

For some reason we are getting double points even when there are no buildings in the province - is this a bug?

Orius Maximus

1 of the many short sighted issues INNO displayed is the current LP selection system. Capping it at 1000 is the real problem. It allows PL worthy guilds to advance to DL regularly, where they do not belong, just for having a successful season in PL or lower DL. If the LP's are not capped at 1000, the higher strength guilds will separate from the pack and can be matched together on the same map. Really, all guilds will settle where they should be and could be matched accordingly. INNO could even do a reset every 6-12 months to give guilds that have made advancements a chance to prove whether they belong in DL or not. Better to have a few bad seasons, unevenly matched with the wrong strength guilds, than repeatedly suffer from the same issue continuously.

I've been thinking something similar for a while. Instead of no cap at all, raise the caps by a factor of 10 so that DL is 9000-10000 points. Even a factor of 5 so that it would be 4500-5000 could work. Keep the LP the same. This way a DL guild that loses in the 1000 LP rank doesn't get bumped down to PL and stomps all over those guilds. You should have something like at least 3 consecutive seasons of poor performance to get bumped down a league.

Still junk....
The problem is you guys have 80 people guilds line up with 10 .... That is the fundamental problem here!
Edit: Also, you are making it overly complicated with so many different boosts as if attack and defense were not already complicated

It's not the total number of players in a guild that makes a difference, it's the participation. If that 10 player guild has 7 or 8 players that put in a big effort and that 80 person guild has 5 players that only do things halfheartedly and no one else does GbG, that the 10 player guild will dominate. How many 80 player guilds are filled with dead wood anyway? I've seen guilds with 2-3 players that perform well in PL, I've even seen single player guilds stomp the map if they feel like parking on the game for 5-6 hours.

Got to look at it live for the first time and it's a dumpster fire now , Inno made it much worse for the smaller guilds.

Maybe, that's my initial reaction as well. The HQ buildings aren't too bad in terms of cost, sure there's the 75k cost for the best one but you're also only building that once every 2 weeks. Whether or not that's sustainable I don't know. My guild I think has at least 10-12 80+ Arcs from active players as well as guild good production from other GBs and special buildings. I really don't know what the rate of income is because I don't track it, but we're fine on goods, I can easily spam SCs in GbG while opening level 5 GE every week without worries. But we don't do GvG, so we need fewer goods.

The big problem is the build times. That best building takes a day to build. And the issue here is that the big 1000 LP guilds will probably have plenty of whales who won't blink at dropping diamonds to instant complete those HQ buildings and start off with an 80% attrition reduction right off the bat. Maybe that won't matter a lot if those guilds were already diamond buildings SCs, because maybe this is only giving them an hour or so head start at most, since the provinces near HQs have few building slots and you needed to be near the middle for no attrition. But I don't have the diamonds to be dropping them every season on a HQ building. It's the first day or two that mattered the most in GbG because guilds that gained enough ground early had a strong position to dominate the map. I don't know how this is going to affect things. I may need to play through two or three seasons to really see how this affects things.

Not enthusiastic about the DL championship stuff either. Only the top guilds will be getting any of that, and they'll just suck up all the best players. It'll be harder for lower guilds to attract GbG fighters and they'll be stuck with being lower guilds. This is likely to make things more like GvG where only the top 20-30 guilds on a world will accomplish anything.

I may not be rage quitting but this is looking like another pay to win move in a year that's been filled with them that's making me seriously consider leaving the game because it's not fun anymore. I'm not interested in competing for second place at best.

planetofthehumans2

Tourney grounds requires too many frags for anyone but the top couple of people in the top couple of guilds to build every week.

Requires 500 frags but has a 10% or less drop rate, requiring at least 5000+ fights per round.

Well people can build it the next session, sure but it's just going to get forgotten in the sea of frags if it is not given enough attention. We can reasonably expect to build 1 new forgotten temple if we do all of GE and our building expires. This? You just can't because it's random, so people are going to forget about it and not even bother trying to find it in 20 pages of frags.

planetofthehumans2

There's an easy solution to guilds ending up in a leauge they can't compete: make it opt-in/"unlocked" to move up. Guild leader has to accept moving up before the new session starts, and if they don't then they stay in their league. It totally blows to be beached in gbg, yet the game forces the guild to move up against their wishes.

There's no benefit to staying in a lower leauge if you are a strong guild. The prices are smaller, it takes a lot more work for the same prices in diamond, you won't get any of the new building frags. So only the best of the best should be in diamond and inno clearly hasn't done a good job of match making.

And guess what, if rank is determined by VP then a strong guild with a bunch of filler guilds will gain a ton of points to stay at #1, that strong guilds fighting strong guilds won't get. I'm not sure this is a fair ranking system.......

Sharmon the Impaler

Same here , one guild took 33 sectors and now nobody wants to ally with them. Our map is dead for the season , nice work Inno lol . My max attrition was 130 and is now 131 , this makes the new GBG so much better :)

Pericles the Lion

Same here , one guild took 33 sectors and now nobody wants to ally with them. Our map is dead for the season , nice work Inno lol . My max attrition was 130 and is now 131 , this makes the new GBG so much better :)
I don't understand. Another guild took 33 sectors. They can only hold them for 4 hours. Why is your map dead for the season?

Ebeondi Asi

Agree with Pericles, The second run with one Guild taking most leaves them very vulnerable. The only thing that can save them is weak Guilds that cannot take advantage of the opportunity.
"Give?" just take them.

planetofthehumans2

Agree with Pericles, The second run with one Guild taking most leaves them very vulnerable. The only thing that can save them is weak Guilds that cannot take advantage of the opportunity.
"Give?" just take them.
But what if this was your rival guild and they're in a different match than you with the weak guilds who can't take their sectors? They get #1 in the ranking for doing nothing and your guild gets in the top 10 fighting other strong guilds ???

Portia the Benevolent

Inno says this is for balancing but it is 100% benefiting the tiptop guilds. And then as a reward to be in the tiptop guild they’re also going to get special trophies that are will give more attack and defense - very logical when you’re trying to balance.