• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

Johnny B. Goode

I heard a rumor that if someone changes guilds, they can not do GBG until the next Championship starts. Does that mean the whole 6 season Championship? Is that true?
Unless they've changed it, you just have to wait for the next session. I didn't see anything about changing it in the announcement.

Savvy187

Pure pay to win now.. Massively reduced fights per day/rewards. I like the changes, now I have an excuse for not doing more fights, lol.

WillyTwoShoes

Dare I venture that the Auction might be/have been a good venue for players to shed/collect leftover GBG fragments i.e. Statue of Honor- Road to Victory?
<dropping the mike>

Orius Maximus

Well so far, there really hasn't been any significant changes in how things have been playing out, but then we're in Platinum, not Diamond. It's still mostly typical for a GbG season. We'll see how things turn out once we start having to fight other guilds.

For those of you complaining about big guilds thrashing little ones, take a look at this:

Screenshot_2023-09-29-12-20-04-292_1.jpeg

See red? That's one person. A bigger guild will dominate if they have the active players pulling their weight, but a small determined guild with good fighters can absolutely compete. Now up against 1000 LP guilds, that might be a bit different.

So far, I've been going for the Fortified Command Post and using the 20% attrition building to get it up to 80%, and some of the other guilds are doing the same thing. Of course red just had to fill the third spot on the province adjacent to us with traps, though I should admit I was planning to do that too with extra slots.

I probably made a mistake opening the two provinces next to HQ so soon.

Phil Grastim

Wasn't this update supposed to make GBG more competitive/even? The new buildings cost more, but do more right? If your guild can only afford a few of the old buildings per season, now they can maybe afford 1 of them? That's a problem. The Diamond prize is a city building that boosts military% and gives massive guild goods. So the guild that wins this prize is the guild that already has the most goods and the best military boosts? That's pointless. Seems more than ever that guilds will require Arcs and AI core to join. Everybody else can play GBG for the FP and other free stuff. Nothing has changed except that the elite guilds will be more elite. Update was a waste of time and I'm fine with that. My game and guild are unaffected.

Now if Inno wants to work on a good update, let's get 2 GBs that assist negotiations. One works like The Kraken and the other like Arctic Orangery giving a chance at a boost for a certain number of attempts or a percent chance for unlimited attempts. One GB eliminates one of the possible goods (ie: negotiations go from 6 goods to 5) and the other GB would show what one of the traders wants, going from 5 traders to 4. Give the traders some love already!

MKPapa

Very tough update, at least in DL.
Inno definitely achieved one goal - huge drop in encounters.
400+ encounters to fight a province sometimes. Even with 80% attrition reduction this means 80 attrition points lost to flip one province spread between those players who capture it. 60 attrition points needed to flip a 300 tile.
Huge amounts of goods to place building, and times more diamonds. Many guilds will be forced to heavily reduce participation because their treasuries cannot keep up.
Looks like even top guilds will be hurt - while their players in theory could get more encounters, in practice they will see not many tiles available to flip, because other guilds will not be able to load and flip. Top guilds will just sit on their tiles and farm victory points. And flip few tiles other guilds manage to load through the day.
Whatever competitiveness was there in GBG, it is completely dead now. Alliances are a must, just to coordinate with weaker guilds what they can load.

Last edited:

Be Chuille

I hate to say it, but on day 2, GBG is broken :(
Guilds are not moving on our 1K diamond map. All strong guilds, and things have just STOPPED. Maybe a few sectors close in a day.

P C C

I think the goods requirements for the home sector buildings could use a change. I'm OK, at least as of now, with the total costs in goods for them given they last for the full season. But I think it would be better if those buildings (only) used, say, 6 types of goods (or even more) rather than 3 so we don't get hit at once with need for a very large number of specific goods. With any other sector on the map, we can choose to work around an unlucky set of required goods. But we can't pick an alternate home base. (This is admittedly likely to be more of an issue for smaller guilds.)

blodgaarm

Pure pay to win is right. I never thought I would quit this game...I haven't made up my mind yet but am leaning toweards it. where before the big guilds could cut a little guild a sector out to fight an equally matched guild, now we spend the entire season on the porch. Two large competitive guilds (Both level 100) and 4 guilds in the 20 through 40 range all sitting on the porch. All so Inno can farm diamonds. Not many players saying anything good.

I used to tell all the players that FOE was the only true free to play game I have ever seen. (Full Disclosure: I have spent thousands), but as all the free players leave, the game will shrink until there is no one to Aid / Fight. I watched Game of WAR start this HUGE power creep and within a year it was gone. I forsee Inno going the same way. Make the strong so strong no one can beat them, then when all the weak leave the strong will leave too. Sad, I really enjoyed this game before the recent spate of changes. To me it is not the money, I spend it all the time, but I will likely not any longer as I am pretty sure this game is in it's death spiral.

Athanofthered

Im okay with the attrition reduction and most other things (with some hope they'll be battered later on oc) but why add a coins reward to the OG map that's literally useless and absolutely nobody asked for it.

UP ONLINE

I like the new GBG
BUT not seeing all my injured troops
Are you guys going to do something about it?
I don't want to see any troops injured
just make a new TAB for injured

Attachments

• Screenshot (11).png
    Screenshot (11).png
    980 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Be Chuille

I hate to say it, but on day 2, GBG is broken :(
Guilds are not moving on our 1K diamond map. All strong guilds, and things have just STOPPED. Maybe a few sectors close in a day.

Replying to myself... I think I am getting it. GBG is not broken. It just seems like it is because it is so different.
This is how it is now... no flipping all day long. I... think I could like it this way.