• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

Xcynda

If a guild is competitive in platinum, not really able to compete effectively in diamond - though sometimes working with the strong guilds to get some outer ring tiles but not very much -- what implications does the new GbG have for such a guild?

Do the guilds that started the season (and championship) in platinum stay there for the 6 seasons or can we get bumped up to diamond? If it's possible to go to diamond and then bump back down to platinum (and that might take a couple of seasons depending on final season place) does that break things for guilds that can compete in platinum but not in diamond?

That is, what awards/rewards are possible if we're shifting from one level to another each season of the 6 seasons if you need to get 5/6 season wins but you're only in a given level for 3 or 4 seasons due to shifting up and down?

xivarmy

If a guild is competitive in platinum, not really able to compete effectively in diamond - though sometimes working with the strong guilds to get some outer ring tiles but not very much -- what implications does the new GbG have for such a guild?

Do the guilds that started the season (and championship) in platinum stay there for the 6 seasons or can we get bumped up to diamond? If it's possible to go to diamond and then bump back down to platinum (and that might take a couple of seasons depending on final season place) does that break things for guilds that can compete in platinum but not in diamond?

That is, what awards/rewards are possible if we're shifting from one level to another each season of the 6 seasons if you need to get 5/6 season wins but you're only in a given level for 3 or 4 seasons due to shifting up and down?

You will move up and down between GBGs based on your rating during the championship.

You only get tower pieces for diamond league wins. Your platinum league wins don't give you fragments, so you'll get none of the tower for bouncing up and down.

When in diamond you can try to build the HQ building so that fighting next to your HQ is always cheap. This might require further investing in your treasury GBs. The Tourney Grounds fragments are also diamond-only. So you'll need to earn those if you care while you're up in diamond rather than in your platinum season.

Coach Zuck

what the other guy said, but I'll add, don't expect the big guilds to work with you anymore, now that victory points are the main way the big guilds are ranked against each other (total victory points for all 6 matches combined across the championship) big guilds aren't letting anyone keep anything unless they're worn out.

--E--

I've understood other recent changes to the game. Event passes. Ads. It's a business, sometimes players forget that. I've been a P2P player for a long time. But the GBG changes you've made, they are so incredibly awful that I frankly don't even know where to start. I don't understand how this makes it through design to production. The only thing that makes any sense to me is a driver to charge more diamonds to finish buildings early. You've eliminated swaps, you've made it easier for bigger guilds to dominate smaller guilds which was a fundamental problem to begin with, you haven't changed the matchmaking algorithm, you've increased treasury and diamonds costs. And you must've changed the rewards table because FPs have been few and far between so far - albeit a small sample size. If this is the direction you're taking the game, I won't be able to last. There are no words to express how dumbfounded and disappointed I am with these updates. You've taken everything that was bad about GBG, and amplified by 100x. I hope others I interact with in the game find the time to share their feedback as well.

--E--

Did you not read the announcement ? That is exactly what it says won't happen.
These are the things that tend to happen when you design "improvements" that are motivated solely by revenue. I thought Inno (MTG) had turned the corner on making FoE profitable again, hence the event passes and ads that are here to stay, but perhaps that isn't the case. Outside of SC/HC daily chances, GBG just isn't worth the time now with these astronomical treasury costs. We have 1 player in SAT, and almost every building costs 4-5k+ SAT goods. It's unreal. Without GBG, the game becomes far too slow and repetitive. I honestly can't make sense of these changes - and I don't see a way they can or would be willing to back them out. If this is what the game is going to be now, then I'll just move on and let others ride it into the sunset.

PJS299

Replying to myself... I think I am getting it. GBG is not broken. It just seems like it is because it is so different.
This is how it is now... no flipping all day long. I... think I could like it this way.
What guilds are on your map?

--E--

Very tough update, at least in DL.
Inno definitely achieved one goal - huge drop in encounters.
400+ encounters to fight a province sometimes. Even with 80% attrition reduction this means 80 attrition points lost to flip one province spread between those players who capture it. 60 attrition points needed to flip a 300 tile.
Huge amounts of goods to place building, and times more diamonds. Many guilds will be forced to heavily reduce participation because their treasuries cannot keep up.
Looks like even top guilds will be hurt - while their players in theory could get more encounters, in practice they will see not many tiles available to flip, because other guilds will not be able to load and flip. Top guilds will just sit on their tiles and farm victory points. And flip few tiles other guilds manage to load through the day.
Whatever competitiveness was there in GBG, it is completely dead now. Alliances are a must, just to coordinate with weaker guilds what they can load.
What you'll see is the same 3 guilds vying for the Championship every season, with no parity whatsoever. 1-2 will get the new buildings and will cement their positions. Apparently Inno felt we were getting too many rewards from GBG, and they took a massive axe to it. Insanely short sighted to do this on the heels of EVERYTHING else that has been done over the last year. Attrition cap at 80%, Diamond only rewards. Intentionally eliminating swapping, massive reduction in fights per season. Just super disappointed after everything I've put in - this is the beginning of the end.

PJS299

Today's song is "Skyfall" - Adele

"This is the end
Hold your breath and count to ten
Feel the Earth move and then
Hear my heart burst again"

Orius Maximus

Well we'll have to see in a few seasons.

It depends on whether or not the people in my guild feel enthusiastic about the GbG changes. We don't have any mandatory GbG participation and I'm not going to add it. I wouldn't want to be in a guild that requires it so I'm not going to impose it on my guild (besides I'm not the only leader and I won't make such a decision unilaterally). A guild doesn't need it to complete in DL anyway -- Destiny, the guild I'm in on Parkog does not require it and they are quite competitive in DL. I'm going to try to encourage it, but if Inno nerfed diamonds here too that pisses me off because it disincentives participation.

Don't know how this is going to impact us on guild goods or if we need to step up any production. An Arc program for newbies may be in order.

The changes to province buildings is maybe a small positive. While we can't get the full attrition reduction of SCs, these buildings have multiple benefits -- benefits we weren't using because the attrition reduction was just that good. Furthermore, we can get more attrition reduction with less building space. The full attrition reduction usually only kicked in around the center, and if you were able to hold that you could push outward with full SC coverage. Now even with one slot, we can get 60% reduction which is better than the old 24% from a single SC. It's even better than a 2 slot province which would only be 48%. 2 slots go right to 80 now. Even better there are no more junk provinces with zero slots, so we can still build as much as a single 60% bonus. Before I tried blocking them off so guild members wouldn't waste advances and opened them once we had plenty of SC coverage for the extra points. So while the full attrition reduction is gone, there's a more even amount of reduction. And there's better reduction early in the match which was critical.

honey55

I dont see much difference now than before, but it's a noncompetitive season. There aren't any more fights available for me since I'm not on all the time. The top player went 180 attrition. Real life has been busy the last 2 days so i don't know how high i can go just there was nothing else to take when i was on. The top player will still get his 8000 or so fights. He's over 1700 now. I guess if we have competition I'll be needed, maybe. The problem for me is I'd rather be in a guild where I'm needed but if i want to get the new buildings, i need to stay in a top guild. It's a good guild at least. There's still the competing against guild mates more than competing against other guilds.

Mark of Cornwall

The recent changes haven't been for my benefit once again this morning my attrition is nowhere near the 80% chance
I expected, I play on Beta and have been playing the new bastardized GbG there and the attrition are not the same, on
Beta I get a steady rise in attrition at around the one in five level here I've just picked up 22 attrition on my first 80 fights
of the day. Pericles I'm not rage quitting because of GbG it's because the recent changes which Inno wanted to line their
already laden pockets have taken away my enjoyment of the game, after nine years I know when Inno are lying their lips
are moving

Mr Kasual

So I gave this a couple days, the more I watch, as that's mostly all I can do now, the more it tics me off. The map mostly stays the same. 2 or 3 guilds dominate, and everyone attritions out, so the map sits dead, for the most part. A few fighters stop by for a few fights and leave. I'm not sitting here staring at a dead map, when there's nothing I can do anyway. I guess I'll be waiting to see how you fix this mess. You can bet I won't be making any diamond purchases until you allow people to play the game more than 20 or 30 minutes a day. I'm done with this snooze fest.
Please read about the Guild Battlegrounds Update here and give your feedback below.

Mr Kasual

So I gave this a couple days, the more I watch, as that's mostly all I can do now, the more it tics me off. The map mostly stays the same. 2 or 3 guilds dominate, and everyone attritions out, so the map sits dead, for the most part. A few fighters stop by for a few fights and leave. I'm not sitting here staring at a dead map, when there's nothing I can do anyway. I guess I'll be waiting to see how you fix this mess. You can bet I won't be making any diamond purchases until you allow people to play the game more than 20 or 30 minutes a day. I'm done with this snooze fest.
So our map, tiles all over open. Nobody hitting. The first 2 spots for the season have already been settled. The guilds with fewer fighters seem to not bother in the early hours, just to attrition out. Giving an attrition break for home bases was a good idea. Should be 100% IMO. Makes it easier for weaker guilds to break out, and harder to lock in. Weaker guilds holding more outer ring now because you shut down 2/3 of the fighting