• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

Be Chuille

If this is Diamond then I guess there is still room to coop/ally in Diamond with the right guilds working with other guilds just like before the change. Is that correct?
Yes it is diamond.
4 guilds are coop this season on our map. And keeping the other guilds beached for the most part.
That has not changed.

If this were the old rules, 2 of those guilds would be swapping the map every 4 hours, and maybe letting a couple of us have some sectors in the outside.
Guilds are NOT swapping every 4 hours now. Most of us are maxing attrition every day.

The fact is, it is now more about who can buy the most expensive buildings to boost VP.
We are a small guild and do not have the income to compete with larger guilds for the first 3 places.

I have heard that other top guilds on our world are holding most of the map to get the rank.
We just happened to get on the map with one of the good guy top guilds.

Be Chuille

I knew the building costs were going to be a challenge. But I did not foresee what a huge affect the buildings have on VP. Buildings are now not only about lowering attrition to fight. They are used for buying your way into the top 3 spots, with less need to actually take more sectors.

I can see what Inno did with adding VP boosts to the buildings. It results in using tons of diamonds. The only way to get use out of the VP boosts is to finish them with diamonds. Otherwise they may be done in time to use them to lower attrition on attaching sectors, but may be taken by another guild before the buildings have given any kind of boost. If you diamond them right away, you get at least 4 hours of VP boost.

Not saying at all that this happened in this battle -- A guild with a bigger treasury and with players with more real money for diamonds can win over a guild with better fighters.

Last edited:

Angry.Blanket

I knew the building costs were going to be a challenge. But I did not foresee what a huge affect the buildings have on VP. Buildings are now not only about lowering attrition to fight. They are used for buying your way into the top 3 spots, with less need to actually take more sectors.

I can see what Inno did with adding VP boosts to the buildings. It results in using tons of diamonds. The only way to get use out of the VP boosts is to finish them with diamonds. Otherwise they may be done in time to use them to lower attrition on attaching sectors, but may be taken by another guild before the buildings have given any kind of boost. If you diamond them right away, you get at least 4 hours of VP boost.

Not saying at all that this happened in this battle -- A guild with a bigger treasury and with players with more real money for diamonds can win over a guild with better fighters.
I am now getting less fights now, so I promise to spend less diamonds now, and I promise to donate less goods to the treasury.

Amitola1

I already figured out that the buildings can be used to control VP output. Both increase or to decrease if you so desire. Since both my guilds are in Platinum and wish to remain there for at least the next season I was able to reduce VP in both of them to accomplish that. In one I started that process a couple of days ago so I have room to spare. Not so with the other one. We were headed to Diamond and when we discussed it decided to stay in Platinum. By destroying some key buildings and working with another guild to flip one of our tiles we are now in a position to end up with 900 LP so we will stay In platinum by 1 LP.

Be Chuille

I already figured out that the buildings can be used to control VP output. Both increase or to decrease if you so desire. Since both my guilds are in Platinum and wish to remain there for at least the next season I was able to reduce VP in both of them to accomplish that. In one I started that process a couple of days ago so I have room to spare. Not so with the other one. We were headed to Diamond and when we discussed it decided to stay in Platinum. By destroying some key buildings and working with another guild to flip one of our tiles we are now in a position to end up with 900 LP so we will stay In platinum by 1 LP.
In diamond it is all about the Tower of Champions fragments. So the first 3 spots are competitive... and expensive.

Amitola1

The other thing I forgot to mention is that right now in Platinum it is not as critical to use diamonds to instant build.

Lothar123

In diamond it is all about the Tower of Champions fragments. So the first 3 spots are competitive... and expensive.
It'll be interesting to see what happens in subsequent seasons. I can see plenty of guilds that are currently hustling for first, or maybe second or third, really dialing it back once a bad season or two dashes their hopes of getting the Tower of Champions. The last season or two of the championship might be close to dead.

Be Chuille

It'll be interesting to see what happens in subsequent seasons. I can see plenty of guilds that are currently hustling for first, or maybe second or third, really dialing it back once a bad season or two dashes their hopes of getting the Tower of Champions. The last season or two of the championship might be close to dead.
Yep.
And once a few guilds have those Towers, they will be unbeatable in future seasons. Will other guilds EVER get a chance to get into the top 3 once those Towers are out there? It's not just about the A/D boosts... Those towers give 400 guild goods a day at level 2. That's like having a level 200 Arc.

80 members with a level 2 = 32,000 goods per day into the treasury. More to fund buying more buildings in the next battle.

Last edited:

Be Chuille

Our world has alot of alt guilds. The big guilds have smaller guilds (some have quite a few) that they use to support (aka cheat) in GvG. They constantly move players (aka alt accounts) among their various guilds. I can see them moving their people (aka alts) around the last season of each championship to spread the Towers around.

Amitola1

Our world has alot of alt guilds. The big guilds have smaller guilds (some have quite a few) that they use to support (aka cheat) in GvG. They constantly move players (aka alt accounts) among their various guilds. I can see them moving their people (aka alts) around the last season of each championship to spread the Towers around.
Would not surprise me if all worlds have alt guilds especially since I have heard that INNO isn't doing anything about the cheating going on with alts, bots and scripts. Personally I have no proof that it's happening though.

Coach Zuck

Yep.
And once a few guilds have those Towers, they will be unbeatable in future seasons. Will other guilds EVER get a chance to get into the top 3 once those Towers are out there? It's not just about the A/D boosts... Those towers give 400 guild goods a day at level 2. That's like having a level 200 Arc.

80 members with a level 2 = 32,000 goods per day into the treasury. More to fund buying more buildings in the next battle.
unbeatable? An extra 100% attack is nothing to players in top guilds, we all have 2000% attack, that's 5% added, not going to accomplish much. Yes it's nice but your premise of it making people in those guilds undefeatable is not correct.

Coach Zuck

you get tower.fragments for being in each match, not at the end of the championship. For example this Sunday, everyone who won 1st in diamond will get their 3000 fragments. Moving people around just for the final match will do nothing, and just like the prior reward fragments, you'll have to have been in the whole season.

Sharmon the Impaler

Honest RNG my eye.
I finally got a Tourney Grounds.
Everything was counting fine until I got to 499/500 , for the last one I had 55 attacks in a row before I got the last one. Another that you can't sell at the auction.

Be Chuille

you get tower.fragments for being in each match, not at the end of the championship. For example this Sunday, everyone who won 1st in diamond will get their 3000 fragments. Moving people around just for the final match will do nothing, and just like the prior reward fragments, you'll have to have been in the whole season.
They will still move those alts with Towers around from alt guild to alt guild to power up their Treasuries for GvG.

The main point is those Towers are going to make the powerful guilds more powerful, and others will never be able to compete. As other guilds grow stronger, by then the big guilds will have a few towers per player, and no guild can compete with them.

And you can't get the towers unless you are able to spend tons of diamonds to finish buildings for the VP boosts, especially in close ranking. Fighting ability will not matter. It is all about the diamonds.

xivarmy

They will still move those alts with Towers around from alt guild to alt guild to power up their Treasuries for GvG.

The main point is those Towers are going to make the powerful guilds more powerful, and others will never be able to compete. As other guilds grow stronger, by then the big guilds will have a few towers per player, and no guild can compete with them.

And you can't get the towers unless you are able to spend tons of diamonds to finish buildings for the VP boosts, especially in close ranking. Fighting ability will not matter. It is all about the diamonds.
The towers don't do anything that special - they're just nice buildings, and the rate of acquisition is not that high (8-10 a year for a player in a guild that always wins depending on whether they repeat any of the championship rewards to use up extra frags). They won't make the guilds unbeatable anytime soon. The activity of members in that guild are what make them #1, not the difference between 4000% and 4400% boost (and it's not even that much of a gap really considering you'd also put something in that space).

Be Chuille

The towers don't do anything that special - they're just nice buildings, and the rate of acquisition is not that high (8-10 a year for a player in a guild that always wins depending on whether they repeat any of the championship rewards to use up extra frags). They won't make the guilds unbeatable anytime soon. The activity of members in that guild are what make them #1, not the difference between 4000% and 4400% boost (and it's not even that much of a gap really considering you'd also put something in that space).
It is not just the fighting boost. The guild goods from one of those towers = approx a level 200 Arc. You get 80 members contributing an additional 400 guild goods per day per tower, and that is 32,000 guild goods per day. Those guilds can then build all of the most expensive buildings in GBG that boost VP higher than anyone else can catch up to.

Angry.Blanket

It is 100% about activity,
Activity is what builds strong players and strong guilds,
And you cant force inactive players to be more active, so to even the playing field you have to force active players to be less active.

xivarmy

It is not just the fighting boost. The guild goods from one of those towers = approx a level 200 Arc. You get 80 members contributing an additional 400 guild goods per day per tower, and that is 32,000 guild goods per day. Those guilds can then build all of the most expensive buildings in GBG that boost VP higher than anyone else can catch up to.
Not even close. 400 goods = 40 extra arc/obs/atom/AI levels. GB "treasury" goods mean of each good - i.e. 2 per level on a GB really means 10. Other building "treasury" goods mean total (tower's 400 goods mean 80 of each = 40 levels worth).

And you just need "enough" treasury goods. Not as many as possible. There's not an unlimited use for spending more T-Goods.