• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

xivarmy

They can't uncheck the box until the season is over . They will be forfeiting their chance at even TOC frags once the box is checked. What "big dog" guild will do that when they know that there will not be a big prize for them to show off when that Championship run is done ?
A not-so-big-dog guild that was only going to get 4th-6th anyways (no ToC fragments) - which is still stronger than all the platinum guilds. But can pad their ego by never losing in platinum. They're still big enough to be the big dog in platinum.

WillyTwoShoes

It solves nothing while removing incentive for guilds to grow stronger.
Here again not all guilds want to get bigger or stronger. Bigger doesn't necessarily mean better either. But again I think your overlooking the rewards that are in place which incentivize the bold to go forth and conquer.

Now if the rewards at Diamond level are that poopy then that's a problem not with the league system but with the league rewards.

Sharmon the Impaler

A not-so-big-dog guild that was only going to get 4th-6th anyways (no ToC fragments) - which is still stronger than all the platinum guilds. But can pad their ego by never losing in platinum. They're still big enough to be the big dog in platinum.
They will get reduced rewards , no shot at the championship and less fights because Platinum has smaller sectors and you will have other "Not so big dogs" with them so that most will at least has a chance at competing for fights. Not a total solution but a damn sight better than we have now. Remember if the founder checks the box then they are excluding their guild from the Championship ergo this will not be an easy way to get bragging rights.

Last edited:

WillyTwoShoes

They will get reduced rewards , no shot at the championship and less fights because Platinum has smaller sectors and you will have other "Not so big dog with them that will at least has a chance at competing for fights. Not a total solution but a damn sight better than we have now. Remember if the founder checks the box then they are excluding their guild from the Championship ergo this will not be an easy way to get bragging rights.
To, how long would a guild playing down retain its individual guilders? One would think that the drive some players have to compete at the highest levels would eventually cause defections to higher levels of competition play. That's if the great fighting guilds don't recruit players out from under them first. I know my guild has seen already seen diamond level teams trying to recruit our stronger GBG players.

Sharmon the Impaler

To, how long would a guild playing down retain its individual guilders? One would think that the drive some players have to compete at the highest levels would eventually cause defections to higher levels of competition play. That's if the great fighting guilds don't recruit players out from under them first. I know my guild has seen already seen diamond level teams trying to recruit our stronger GBG players.
Better still for the ones in remaining in Platinum. If you lock down your guild then the members in the guild are not eligible to move to a D1000 league guild until the end of the Championship or if they do then a flag is put on their account so they don't get any frags for the remainder of that Championship.

Amitola1

Better still for the ones in remaining in Platinum. If you lock down your guild then the members in the guild are not eligible to move to a D1000 league guild until the end of the Championship or if they do then a flag is put on their account so they don't get any frags for the remainder of that Championship.
That brings up a question. Do the guilds that take 1 spot in their Platinum League that give them a victory point receive the 3000 ToC frags as it stands right now?

Wighty4466

And I'm in a guild that has a positive reputation for giving small guilds good breathing room even while we're crushing our competitors.
Not to be disrespectful, but why is it that your guild is is having such a tough time with BL & AHK in this new GbG format?

Dominator - X

This is a feedback thread. For Inno. Yet every time anyone gives feedback that you do not agree with, you call them a whiner.

Maybe stop thinking that anything anyone says has anything to do with you. You seem to take it very personally when anyone criticizes the game. Are you one of the game designers?
Not true. I read a ton of comments that I don't agree with, yet respect because they are not whining. I only call out the actual whiners. You and your girlfriend continue to whine about us elites as though we have some control over the map. I continue to school you, that we don't.

Coach Zuck

Not to be disrespectful, but why is it that your guild is is having such a tough time with BL & AHK in this new GbG format?
we aren't. We have been 2nd place two seasons in a row. We are either 2nd or 3rd in terms of GBG strength as I said. Plus, we have always focused on 24/7 availability - recruiting members from Europe and Asia especially. The new format requires so many encounters that we can't win races during the day because after a certain amount, the day team is burnt out and fighting twice as many people, but we are dominating at night when the other guilds are asleep. I don't know how a 1v1 between us and BL would go since we've always swapped with them, but I know we would lose 1v1 vs AHK.

Sharmon the Impaler

maybe because you phrased your assertion about a feature that only exists in your imagination as if it were fact and reality
Those are two disjointed sentances , you replied to something you didn't read because I imagined something ? You don't like my idea then come up with your own solution instead of just whining about it or wanting the game given to you

Coach Zuck

Those are two disjointed sentances , you replied to something you didn't read because I imagined something ? You don't like my idea then come up with your own solution instead of just whining about it or wanting the game given to you
I'm not even the person who you asked your question to, it was just obvious. Get your head out of your rear seriously.

Amitola1

Only Diamond league guilds that win first place in a round get 3000 frags , 2n and 3rd get 2000 and 1000 respectively
Thanks. Begs one more question that is probably for INNO. Why give a victory point to 1st place toward the championship to guilds in Platinum? The only thing I see ending in 1st in Platinum is it will probably, in most cases, send them to D1000.

Sharmon the Impaler

Thanks. Begs one more question that is probably for INNO. Why give a victory point to 1st place toward the championship to guilds in Platinum? The only thing I see ending in 1st in Platinum is it will probably, in most cases, send them to D1000.

If you check the box you have excluded yourself from the championship. More fights but no trophy.

WillyTwoShoes

I just noticed that many of the comments in here are from big fighting guild players and that some of them treat conversation and debate as if it were their own diamond league right to decide what is to be said, when it will be said, and how.

It turns out they aren't any better at honest debate and conversation than they are at giving up their self entitlement to deciding who may do what and when at Diamond level GBG.

Its really too funny that usage of the same tactics on the GBG map instigated the GBG changes they think only they are entitled to decide. If the way your guilds are run is any reflection of the crudity on display throughout this thread its no wonder you don't actually bring any new players into the game.

Ebeondi Asi

That brings up a question. Do the guilds that take 1 spot in their Platinum League that give them a victory point receive the 3000 ToC frags as it stands right now?
They do not get any fragments if they were in Platinum and advance to Diamond for winning. They do get the rank in the list of winnings.and a win in the win column.
First Season, a Guild I know well won there match in Platinum, and actually ended up #1 of all Guilds in the ranking list, even though they came from Platinum to Diamond.

Pericles the Lion

So, a guild leader checks a box to self-select for the entire Championship season and any member that leaves the guild is prevented from joining a Diamond League guild for the remainder of the Championship season (up to 12 weeks)? ROFLMAO