• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

honey55

Well they finally put the top 3 guilds together in my world. I would guess over 130 players fighting on the same time. Lag was so horrible most the time with fights taking 10 seconds to complete. My guess is the rest of the guilds will be lucky to get on the map. I guess we'll see

Reese7990

4 seasons in and as the top guild we have yet to be placed on a map with the 2nd and 3rd place guilds. Instead we get a map where we are the only 1000LP guild. I think the selection algorithm needs some work.

Reese7990

We farmed for years, because that is the way it was done. I found it tedious and time consuming.

We have decided that from now on we will free-for-all. No more swapping. Farming now requires more guild goods for buildings and more diamonds to finish them fast, if a guild wants to keep to timers. That along with the increased hits per sector makes farming less profitable and more time consuming.
I actually think the opposite is true. Swaps you have 4 hours before swaps open. Meaning diamond finishing buildings is not necessary unless you want the point bonus. If you are FFA then you have very little control over when sectors open and may need to take a sector and quickly build to move on. I think farming is still absolutely the best use of resources with this new structure. Especially when the algorithm fails to put the best guilds up against each other.

Eadyth

Is this a bug? This is low diamond. Does everyone in low diamond get at least 25 LPs even if they come in last?

1699545808028.png

Last edited:

DylansDad

Inno - In P, how do you put the top 2 guilds in BG groupings 3 out of the first 4 BG sessions? it is a joke. much weaker guilds are ranked in top 10 because of this embarrassment. This is not random. How about you get some real Programmers that can actual program randomness?

Sharmon the Impaler

Here is how you beat Inno's greed if anyone is interested . Message sent to all other guilds on the map.

"Our main GBG Generals are Dolph and Sharmon. We are easy going and get along with the idea that there is enough for everyone to participate. You will not be boxed in.
Enjoy the season
S-31"

We have the strength to take the whole map but the high road is usually the best road to take.

Reese7990

Inno - In P, how do you put the top 2 guilds in BG groupings 3 out of the first 4 BG sessions? it is a joke. much weaker guilds are ranked in top 10 because of this embarrassment. This is not random. How about you get some real Programmers that can actual program randomness?
We’d love that. In our case we have yet to see the other 2 top guilds. If we don’t see them the next 2 seasons in a row it will be a round robin that never went around. All 3 guilds will win the lvl 2 tower of champions by default.

WillyTwoShoes

Farming now requires more guild goods for buildings and more diamonds to finish them fast, if a guild wants to keep to timers. That along with the increased hits per sector makes farming less profitable and more time consuming.
That depends on how you set up a farming schedule. On a couple of our stable maps my guild has been able to work out some designated swap zones in which neither guild builds anything in them. Using the attrition support in surrounding zones we simply take turns passing the designated zones back and forth as fast as they unlock. The VPs are basically shared likewise the rewards. No one expends treasury goods or diamonds. It may not be the large scale farming that so many have become accustomed but its cheap, effective, and rewards the guild that turns them over the quickest.

Strato The Drunk

Checking in to see if anything changed after quitting a month ago. Playing Mortal Combat the last two days I see ads for FOE boasting of bonus packs for people that return to FOE. The adds piqued my interest enough to see if they have fixed this mess. Looks like they haven't. I guess the proof of the problem is now that they are giving bonuses and paying for ads on other games to try to get people to return.

Hey INNO, fix your game then run ads to let people know it is fixed. Then people will return. Until then, bye.

Amitola1

Dazhel,

There is a lot to unpack here. By way of doing so please to permit me in describing my guilds GBG efforts before / after new mechanics. Lemme preface this by saying at least half of my small guild doesn't care one for GBG period. They did and do still consider it a chore that must be done as little as possible. All of us participating in this feedback thread (include Inno/foe team) would do well to remember a lot, if not a majority, of foe players don't give a hoot about GBG.

Now then my small guild -

Our founder a fan of GBG was having problems with guild support. We started training our guilders six/seven months ago and worked at developing their GBG skill set so they could get the most out of their chores as quick as possible. In that process we found that many players just don't understand GBG at all and thru learning a bit about it they came to appreciate it more.

We are an open join guild and have all the problems associated with that. We also enjoy the fun of helping the relatively few new players that actually stay in this game. We have become strong platinum with a regular trip up to diamond for our trouncing back down to Platinum. I constantly remind our players its about developing talent, team work, participation and the regular trips to diamond level see a regular burst in GB growth within our guild.

We have also been diligently earning a reputation as a tough and honorable guild that keeps its word on the GBG map. We train and cooperation among platinum level teams with an eye towards future partnerships and mutual benefit seeing them on a diamond level map with us.

My guild gets recruited heavily and with regularity. We do lose a lot of good talent developed from the ground up. I have come to view it as a feather in my cap that one of our players made the big league. Some players want to be in the big fighting guilds - its why they play this game.

Now the players that stay with my guild - they are the real pay off for our training program. They pay it forward to others and that's starting to have big dividends for our little guild. Its a marathon not a sprint.

The only area I see as a problem going forward for my fellow guilders and I is the diamond spending required to take home any diamond level trophy. Here I just have to be plain as can be when I say, "Diamond level rewards are free, Diamond level trophy's are bought with Diamonds".
-
@WillyTwoShoes With the exception of being an open join (we are app) this describes my guild to a tee.

Lafawnduh

One of my guilds is ranked 28th. We have 20 members. We have guilds 1, 2, 3, 5 & 7 along with 26th ranked. They all have 60-80 players. The matches are broken. We get these same guilds over and over. We're a yo-yo guild. Too strong for platinum, too small for diamond. Do we want to merge with anyone? Our peeps aren't going anywhere. We tried that, it failed miserably and nobody really cares to go through that again. So we break the matches

And Sharmon - would be nice if the guilds we come across would do that. They're too dang greedy.

Last edited:

Lothar123

I wish there was a GBG HQ building that would reduce the attrition in adjacent sectors without adding to victory points. We're outmatched on our current map and want to fight as best we can near our HQ, but there's no advantage to us, and arguably some disadvantages, to getting more victory points out of the few sectors we can expect to hold.

Sharmon the Impaler

I wish there was a GBG HQ building that would reduce the attrition in adjacent sectors without adding to victory points. We're outmatched on our current map and want to fight as best we can near our HQ, but there's no advantage to us, and arguably some disadvantages, to getting more victory points out of the few sectors we can expect to hold.
They can't box you in if you attack until closed. You will mess up their timers and ruin the checker. The next unlock will be yours to take.

Orius Maximus

Is this a bug? This is low diamond. Does everyone in low diamond get at least 25 LPs even if they come in last?

View attachment 20949

That's how it looks like when no guild has yet taken a province. It's always been that way I believe. I see it most often down in Bronze when I mess around with things on my diamond mines. If I don't score any VPs in Bronze on those cities, I get removed from the lineup entirely for inactivity but I don't know how that works with actual guilds. If the season ends like that in Bronze League, I'm pretty sure all the guilds get bumped from the roster and nobody gets any rewards.

jaymoney23456

Anyone who thinks this new GbG is a good idea is nuts! Having to win 5 out of 6 GbG maps leads to guilds that were friends fighting each other and ruins all the fun of GbG!!!!!!
Nothing but a money grap from Inno-hope it is worth it to make many get sick of GbG and the game itself. Players will end up quitting over this -many are already upset at the many changes made lately!!