• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the GvG shutdown and the Guild Raids

puzzle63

The big difference between GBG and GVG is this
GBG you can take or 'race' to take tiles.
GVG you you have to 'set sieges' on tiles you want to take. Your enemy can 'kill' it.

We we're at war for close to a year with other guilds. We would fight over tiles for 10-15 minutes at a time. On 5-6 maps. A powerful guild can take a full tile in about 8 seconds. If not faster and the siege can get killed just as quick. That is what makes it soooo much fun. There is a lot of strategy involved in GVG.

Amitola1

After reading this thread so far I sort of would have liked being involved in GvG. I was never in a guild that did GvG so I missed out on a part of the game and now it's going to be replaced. No reason to get involved now.

puzzle63

Fighting manually is like trying to level your gb by adding 1 fp a day. You will not get far in either case lol
I guess you haven't been around long enough to remember when you used to add "1" fp at a time to level a GB. That was way before they came out with the 2/5/10 packs. You had to unlock your GB and have 2 people click like hell and hope someone didn't snip you. Just think of 2 people clicking 2-4k times to lock a spot. lol

Orius Maximus

Easy fix, make GBG more balanced. If a guild who can hold themselves at 975 LP gets boxed in a 1000 LP season, they'll drop to platinum league and hammer all the guilds there so they won't get any fights

And it's hardly fun for the Platinum guilds who end up spending the next 10 days getting hammered by one or two Diamond guilds. We did better than usual this season though and I think it was a combination of both the new mechanics and more guild participation.

But it seems that at least the playbase knows the matchmaking works poorly. Too many of the active guilds are all crammed together in the upper rankings, and if a guild gets knocked down a league then the next season they end up wiping the map with guilds that can't or won't compete with them.

xivarmy

I guess you haven't been around long enough to remember when you used to add "1" fp at a time to level a GB. That was way before they came out with the 2/5/10 packs. You had to unlock your GB and have 2 people click like hell and hope someone didn't snip you. Just think of 2 people clicking 2-4k times to lock a spot. lol
Heck, even when they added the 10 FP button and it autoused packs it was still quite the adventure doing a big drop. I used to swap to mobile for that at times because mobile allowed you to load 100 FP at a time before waiting for server response by hammering the button 10 times where browser forced you to wait for a server response every 10 FP.

I have not and that sounds painful

Dursland

For desktop users it was painful because it had a delay with each click.

For mobile I found it quite fun when racing against a sniper as it didn’t have a delay until 500 Forge Points.
This made it fair. Once I was locking a 2500+ spot when we added 10fp at a time. A mobile user got on when I was at about 200 and tried to outrace me. Luckily I saw him start and clicked like mad. We leveled the GB and I barely won the race by less than 100fp.

If there was no 500fp delay he would have easily won. 1000+ fp loss pretty significant lol, esp at that time in the world.

jaymoney23456

Glad I didn't play then. It sounds extremely tedious.

wangeaux

GVG was the best part of FOE. It had strategy, teamwork, alliances, a goal to reach as a team (guild). everyone had a role to play in all ages and around the world. It required guilds to watch the maps around the clock. at one time so we would recruit people from all time zones. FOE neglected GVG and let it get outdated. All they had to do was go back to some of the older rules on GVG with sectors opening up earlier than 24 hrs and giving out rewards like they do for farming in GBG. FOE is now just a farming game for mindless clicking of the mouse. All you phone players will never know how much fun it was to scheme against other guilds and the strategies it required to be succesfull in the game back in the day. FOE forgot that the game was a war/strategy game in the beginning and they lost sight of their roots.

Guilds and players have years invested in GVG and it seems like FOE is just going to flush all that effort, money and time away for alot of us old timers. It really is unfair in that many guilds worked hard to make it to number one on the leader board. and some never gave up trying. all those prestige points and all those fights were for nothing. FOE you have really hurt the people who put you on the map and we are trully disgusted with the changes you have made to the game. What ever this new feature is going to be should incorporate the scores and prestige points and all the work that so many have done for so many years. If it dosent you have screwed over your most loyal players.

jaymoney23456

Don't have to
How many times do you have to click per fight in GbG ? at least in GvG you dont have to move your mouse at all.
If you think you don't have to move your mouse to fight in gvg then you don't play gvg much or you only fight NPC sectors. It doesn't line up on sectors owned by other guilds. In GbG it is just clicking autobattle over and over again and clicking on ok for when you get rewards. Much nicer and more convenient interface to fight fast in GbG.

jaymoney23456

GVG was the best part of FOE. It had strategy, teamwork, alliances, a goal to reach as a team (guild). everyone had a role to play in all ages and around the world. It required guilds to watch the maps around the clock. at one time so we would recruit people from all time zones. FOE neglected GVG and let it get outdated. All they had to do was go back to some of the older rules on GVG with sectors opening up earlier than 24 hrs and giving out rewards like they do for farming in GBG. FOE is now just a farming game for mindless clicking of the mouse. All you phone players will never know how much fun it was to scheme against other guilds and the strategies it required to be succesfull in the game back in the day. FOE forgot that the game was a war/strategy game in the beginning and they lost sight of their roots.

Guilds and players have years invested in GVG and it seems like FOE is just going to flush all that effort, money and time away for alot of us old timers. It really is unfair in that many guilds worked hard to make it to number one on the leader board. and some never gave up trying. all those prestige points and all those fights were for nothing. FOE you have really hurt the people who put you on the map and we are trully disgusted with the changes you have made to the game. What ever this new feature is going to be should incorporate the scores and prestige points and all the work that so many have done for so many years. If it dosent you have screwed over your most loyal players.
Guild prestige from GvG is a joke when there is rampant scripting going on.

Coach Zuck

just noticed this "jaymoney" account literally just signed up on Saturday.. and he's crying about cheaters.
Sounds a lot like the people who suck at GVG on Zorskog, not even knowing how to line up sectors, crying foul at every turn, using alt accounts to bump their HQ while accusing others of using alt accounts.

jaymoney23456

just noticed this "jaymoney" account literally just signed up on Saturday.. and he's crying about cheaters.
Sounds a lot like the people who suck at GVG on Zorskog, not even knowing how to line up sectors, crying foul at every turn.
Wow, you sould just like all the script users on B world who get all worked up that anyone mentions script use. lol
Also, I never bothered to sign up for the forums before. Doesn't mean I haven't played FOE for years. BTW there is no legitimate way to line up sectors and saying otherwise doesn't make it so.

Coach Zuck

BTW there is no legitimate way to line up sectors and saying otherwise doesn't make it so.
this just proves you don't know what you're talking about and maybe you should stop accusing others on things you lack expertise in.
on non-NPC sectors you just line the auto battle button over the top-right corner of the hexagon and then click 3 times per fight.
The top-right corner of the hexagon is key to ensuring the "View sector" button in the menu also lines up.
The area is extremely small and I can forgive someone who's clearly as inexperienced as you not figuring it out on your own. I didn't figure it out until about two years of my six years of daily fighting.
Your guild clearly doesn't even have an experienced GVG leader, as any experienced GVG leader would ensure their members are trained on this and other things.

jaymoney23456

this just proves you don't know what you're talking about and maybe you should stop accusing others
on non-NPC sectors you just line the auto battle button over the top-right corner of the hexagon and then click 3 times per fight.
The top-right corner of the hexagon is key to ensuring the "View sector" button in the menu also lines up.
The area is extremely small and I can forgive someone who's clearly as inexperienced as you not figuring it out on your own. I didn't figure it out until about two years of my six years of daily fighting.
I don't believe I acused anyone specifically but the evidence of bot use in GvG is overwhelming and many players would agree about this. You can say you line up sectors all you want. Doesn't make that an accurate statement. You also specifically claim I am inexperienced and you have no idea how long I have played the game. Not inexperienced at all btw.

Coach Zuck

I don't believe I acused anyone specifically but the evidence of bot use in GvG is overwhelming and many players would agree about this. You can say you line up sectors all you want. Doesn't make that an accurate statement. You also specifically claim I am inexperienced and you have no idea how long I have played the game. Not inexperienced at all btw.
bro you don't know how to line up sectors unless they're NPC and you refuse to believe that it's possible. Go try it out. MooingCat even made a video of it if you just google "foe gvg fast fight". You are inexperienced at GVG and laying accusations against others on something you can only experience visually since you aren't Inno, yet you don't know what's visually possible.