• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the GvG shutdown and the Guild Raids

jaymoney23456

GBG is broke? Shrug. Swords into plowshares. We still rush opening morning and when X opens. Otherwise, whatever. It’s a game, and I have a Tower to work for. Not having played GvG I can’t say for sure, but it sounds like a once a day 15-minute guild party. At least from what I read, above. Humans are clever, especially when there’s FP and other goodies to be made. Cleverer I guess than the people who wrote GBG. Maybe QI will be more actual battle. We shall see.
I doubt it will have much potential for fighting. FOE isn't set up in a way that makes fighting very interesting. Also, bot use was always rampant in GvG and surely exists in GbG and there is no reason to think it would not also exist in guild raids if they tried to make fighting a big part of it. Even now GbG makes more sense as a place to farm rewards than anything else. Guilds may argue over first now but aside from that you get nothing of actual value for winning the 'championshp'. Its just a meaningless thing that some players think is super important lol

Angry.Blanket

I doubt it will have much potential for fighting. FOE isn't set up in a way that makes fighting very interesting. Also, bot use was always rampant in GvG and surely exists in GbG and there is no reason to think it would not also exist in guild raids if they tried to make fighting a big part of it. Even now GbG makes more sense as a place to farm rewards than anything else. Guilds may argue over first now but aside from that you get nothing of actual value for winning the 'championshp'. Its just a meaningless thing that some players think is super important lol
What I see as meaningless is a little digital city on the internet that serves no purpose. The only reason I have a city is to fight GbG and GvG, take that away and there is no game, it just becomes a pass time.

85gt

Yes scripts run the maps in GVG and somewhat in GBG also, I see nothing in the video that shows its got anything to do with guilds raiding other guilds, just another stupid GE/settlements type of garbage. Im in the game till GVG ends, then the do nothings at Inno can pack sand

Jakobi007

Ok, just watched the Guild Raid video and I must say I'm disappointed. Been playing this game for about 10 years or longer, I never post on these forums, but have been quietly building my city. So the answer to GVG is another settlement and expedition?

We have multiple settlements already in our cities, and now we have another one. There is no strategy involved, no alliances to be made amongst guilds, and just another time waster. I don't think you know your players, why they play, or how you are about to ruin this game.

• How do we now use them massive armies we have built over time?
  • What do I do with the 20 Million+ medals I now have?
  • Where are we supposed to put these new buildings?
  • How much time do you think we have to constantly build new settlements?
There are so many more questions that come to mind, but this looks like another waste of time and you are removing why people play GVG. The only people that thumbing up that Guild Raids are the people that only play on mobile, which is my guess.

Do better.

203iceman

Well there Inno, 19 pages of folks that have you spot on. You are making huge mistakes and will basically kill this game off if you continue on the same path. @LeCron I sure hope you are sending this info back to the power to be. I loved the comment about the owners of the game not being able to program it!! Priceless.!!!!!

Ebeondi Asi

Yeah 19 pages.. ...
All i can say is thank goodness and goodbye to all of the players quitting (Finally!!!) and the rest of us can relax and just play a game we enjoy. So good luck moving on, and hope you all find what you are looking for someplace else...(Not likely) but I can wish you well.
The Guild Raids does look dull at first glance? (the new video lack any actual info, sadly) But maybe it can be worked ,or not worked as players see fit. rather than a few vocal naysayers trying to quash it in advance of even seeing how it works.
If the rewards to the main city are good... Then it will be worth trying out.

LoL

Last edited:

Angry.Blanket

Yeah 19 pages.. ...
ll i can say is thank goodness and goodbye to all of the players quitting (Finally!!!) and the rest of us can relax and just play a game we enjoy. So good luck moving on, and hope you all find what you are looking for someplace else...(Not likely) but I can wish you well.
The Guild Raids does look dull at first glance? (the new video lack any actual info, sadly) But maybe it can be worked ,or not worked as players see fit. rather than a few vocal naysayers trying to quash it in advance of even seeing how it works.
If the rewards to the main city are good... Then it will be worth trying out.

LoL
This is the fail, just another greed fest, No playing for the sake playing.

Mik the Maker

Ok, just watched the Guild Raid video and I must say I'm disappointed. Been playing this game for about 10 years or longer, I never post on these forums, but have been quietly building my city. So the answer to GVG is another settlement and expedition?

We have multiple settlements already in our cities, and now we have another one. There is no strategy involved, no alliances to be made amongst guilds, and just another time waster. I don't think you know your players, why they play, or how you are about to ruin this game.

• How do we now use them massive armies we have built over time?
  • What do I do with the 20 Million+ medals I now have?
  • Where are we supposed to put these new buildings?
  • How much time do you think we have to constantly build new settlements?
There are so many more questions that come to mind, but this looks like another waste of time and you are removing why people play GVG. The only people that thumbing up that Guild Raids are the people that only play on mobile, which is my guess.

Do better.
What I gleaned is at each fork you can either fight, negotiate, or play a little game. Not too much different from GE/GBG, in a new occasional settlement setting. What I was hoping for was an alliance mechanic where teams would be formed at the beginning of each “cycle”, or whatever they’ll call it, and have a sort of capture the flag thing.

And yeah… what do we use the millions of medals and supplies we’ve accumulated, or the Obs guild support, or the millions of junk shop coins or jewels, or, or, or. I liked how GE 5 uses city defense. Finally, SBC has a purpose in life.

And for Pete’s sake, add a date to the chats.

Mor-Rioghain

<sigh> Only folks who've never played GvG regularly (or at all) claim it is a 15-minute p/day pastime. For a guild ready to battle there's always time for some fun pretty much around the clock! Buuuut, soon it will all be gone. Oh, well.

Trying to get psyched about GR/QI - but - build another city? Seriously? Where is the info aside from that YouTube vid that doesn't say much at all? I'm completely bummed! If this is actually another version of settlement, I'm doubly bummed! I honestly don't mind a bit of the surprise factor (I'm lying, I hate it!) but to know virtually nothing? If the only thing that was at 'stake' was a bit of room in my regular city I'd be okay with it, I suppose. But the thought of actually starting a whole new city - from the Bronze Age staggers my mind. (I built 2 farms about 15 months ago and I'm STILL recovering from it!)

Anyone know anything different? Thanks!

Pericles the Lion

<sigh> Only folks who've never played GvG regularly (or at all) claim it is a 15-minute p/day pastime. For a guild ready to battle there's always time for some fun pretty much around the clock! Buuuut, soon it will all be gone. Oh, well.

Trying to get psyched about GR/QI - but - build another city? Seriously? Where is the info aside from that YouTube vid that doesn't say much at all? I'm completely bummed! If this is actually another version of settlement, I'm doubly bummed! I honestly don't mind a bit of the surprise factor (I'm lying, I hate it!) but to know virtually nothing? If the only thing that was at 'stake' was a bit of room in my regular city I'd be okay with it, I suppose. But the thought of actually starting a whole new city - from the Bronze Age staggers my mind. (I built 2 farms about 15 months ago and I'm STILL recovering from it!)

Anyone know anything different? Thanks!
Except for the folks at INNO, nobody knows anything beyond what the teaser video shows - which ain't much. Certainly it's not enough information for players to get all lathered up about one way or the other.

Johnny B. Goode

Except for the folks at INNO, nobody knows anything beyond what the teaser video shows - which ain't much. Certainly it's not enough information for players to get all lathered up about one way or the other.
I disagree. What they've "teased", which is short on details but long on questionable info, is problematic to say the least. Another city? Limited time, but you have to produce resources and train troops? Resourcefulness and cunning? What does that part even mean? Do you start over with every new session? It sure sounds like another Settlement type feature, except with a stricter timetable. The "teaser" only served to make folks more anxious about the new feature, not less.

Now personally, I already wasn't holding out much hope that the new feature would be very good. And the teaser video makes it sound worse than I'd imagined. I'm definitely not "all lathered up" about it, however, because I'm rather fatalistic about Inno's creativity and vision for the game at this point with their track record over the last few years. I'm guessing that there will be many more opportunities to spend Diamonds/cash in the new feature, which seems to be all Inno cares about anymore. Not that I begrudge them making a living, but it would be nice if they actually cared about the game's quality at the same time.

Pericles the Lion

I disagree. What they've "teased", which is short on details but long on questionable info, is problematic to say the least. Another city? Limited time, but you have to produce resources and train troops? Resourcefulness and cunning? What does that part even mean? Do you start over with every new session? It sure sounds like another Settlement type feature, except with a stricter timetable. The "teaser" only served to make folks more anxious about the new feature, not less.

Now personally, I already wasn't holding out much hope that the new feature would be very good. And the teaser video makes it sound worse than I'd imagined. I'm definitely not "all lathered up" about it, however, because I'm rather fatalistic about Inno's creativity and vision for the game at this point with their track record over the last few years. I'm guessing that there will be many more opportunities to spend Diamonds/cash in the new feature, which seems to be all Inno cares about anymore. Not that I begrudge them making a living, but it would be nice if they actually cared about the game's quality at the same time.
Yeah, like I said, nobody except INNO knows any more than what the teaser communicated (which was a reply to the question that was asked). If the teaser made you anxious then I suggest that you chill. INNO will give us more information in time and nothing said here will change their timetable.

Last edited:

TotalTrash

The trailer was vague and disappointing, but in essence, Inno will replace GvG, the only feature that actually could be called military strategy, with some PvE settlement nonsense. FoE is already hemorrhaging players at an alarming rate because of all this pay-to-win stuff and out-of-control power creep. This will make it a lot worse, despite what these forum sycophants are whispering in Inno's ear.

Scrap this Quantum Incursion garbage and do better, a lot better!

Johnny B. Goode

Yeah, like I said, nobody except INNO knows any more than what the teaser communicated (which was a reply to the question that was asked). If the teaser made you anxious then I suggest that you chill. INNO will give us more information in time and nothing said here will change their timetable.
Way to only read and respond to phrases you cherry pick. Those with reading comprehension will understand that I wasn't referring to myself being anxious. If I feel anything about the coming feature it would be curiosity. You are finally correct in something when you say that nothing will change based on anything we say.