• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the GvG shutdown and the Guild Raids

Mor-Rioghain

As I've had it explained to me, the reason they changed the name is they felt that "Guild Raids" didn't accurately describe the feature, and made you expect fighting to be the primary gameplay element when the feature is more than just fighting.
Sorry but this is funny!! As if "raiding" didn't include activities other than fighting? Seems to me that Inno's trying to emulate D&D even more... :rolleyes:

I'm still confused as to when we're supposed to start our beta city. The 'blurb' seemed to indicate that players starting early have an advantage. Groaning at the thought of starting another 'burg. What if we start it and find out later that we're going to have a start date or something?! Crazy! Any word on that?

planetofthehumans2

Sorry but this is funny!! As if "raiding" didn't include activities other than fighting? Seems to me that Inno's trying to emulate D&D even more... :rolleyes:

I'm still confused as to when we're supposed to start our beta city. The 'blurb' seemed to indicate that players starting early have an advantage. Groaning at the thought of starting another 'burg. What if we start it and find out later that we're going to have a start date or something?! Crazy! Any word on that?
You can't join a guild until you've done some research, so I'd try to get to that before release.

Flavius Belisarius

The BETA Teaser presented many unexplained (indecipherable?) elements.
It would be useful and supportive if INNO spent some time (on BETA and each server) before the release of QIGR describing/explaining what features outside the elimination of the GVG Map will be modified or eliminated. Anticipation of this new feature shouldn't lead to angst which would likely lead to anger if it is left to each individual to figure out how to play.
*What about power bonus/guild support pool?
*GB affects on combat/raiding/incursioning?
*Champions and there Retreats?
*Are combat units used beyond their ERA?
*Does QIGR include teamwork/coordination within a Guild?
*What about resources (DA's) on the GVG maps, is their an automatic Guild refund or will we have to withdraw them by Guild?
*What will an Alcatraz do for QIGR?
*Where/how will resources, if peculiar ti QIGR only, be generated?
I would hope that INNO will put QIGR in BETA for an extended time to identify unintended consequences or opportunities for refinement before releasing to all servers. I can only expect that just the removal of GVG code will be a convoluted ordeal of coding with a requisite amount of bugs that will appear and need repair.

240_F_2759214_UZwgCi5phiayqij7LMNtPwJKqi5hZa.jpg

85gt

Yeah 19 pages.. ...
All i can say is thank goodness and goodbye to all of the players quitting (Finally!!!) and the rest of us can relax and just play a game we enjoy. So good luck moving on, and hope you all find what you are looking for someplace else...(Not likely) but I can wish you well.
The Guild Raids does look dull at first glance? (the new video lack any actual info, sadly) But maybe it can be worked ,or not worked as players see fit. rather than a few vocal naysayers trying to quash it in advance of even seeing how it works.
If the rewards to the main city are good... Then it will be worth trying out.

LoL
There are many things that are dull, including players

Amitola1

Just started a city in Beta. Still working through BA. When I click on Continent Map it still brings up the GvG screen. Does that mean GvG is still active?

Amitola1

In the year 2027 The demise of GvG had yet again been postponed. The one sixteen year old intern who was working on Guild Raids Quantum Horsehocky quit to take a position at the better pay / brighter future Kochloffel fast food job
Inno is scouring the weiterführende Schules for a new intern who will work for free.
Considering how long GvG has been around I think 2027 is pretty optimistic. 2030 would be a bit more realistic. That's assuming INNO can find an intern meeting those qualifications by then.

Dr Mac 100

I wonder if in whatever replaces GVG if INNO will still not do anything about the cheats. They have known about the cheat codes for GVG forever and refuse to do anything about the cheaters and hacks. I have never understood this. It is easy to find them and ban them. It made GVG no fun and I stopped playing in it. INNo seems only concerned about $$$ and not game faults and fairness. If INNO allows this type of thing to go one, people will find other games.

jaymoney23456

There's enough information to know that it's nothing like GvG at all. Just from the information we have, we can tell it's looking like a mashup of GE/GBG/Settlements/events. Fighting, negotiating, guild involvement, time limit, city building, resource gathering, army training. What haven't they thrown in there? Oh, and there's a third element besides fighting and negotiating that we actually have no clue about. Could be tasks/quests like in an event? Some things we don't know, but we do know it's not GvG or anything like it. Kind of odd to see you feigning ignorance on this when you act like you know pretty much everything about everything else.
Why should there be a new game aspect like GvG that can be ruined by all the cheaters that profilerate the game? Very little chance of the scripts having a decisive impact in GE. Scripts exist in GbG but have small impact most of the time. No one can script fight in settlements. I am glad that they are not bringing a new GvG and the only way that would change is if they made so that scripts could not be used!