• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the GvG shutdown and the Guild Raids

jaymoney23456

Not sure what you mean. If you are referring to GBG then the only guilds that have it serving on a platter are the larger guilds. All the smaller guilds that manage to reach Diamond are in survival mode until they drop back to Platinum.
Its also no cake walk for the larger guilds either given the massive increase in treasury costs and the end of attrition free. Especially not when even 1-2 bad matchups can be the difference between getting lv 2 towers of champions

Big-Poppa

Well after seeing the new replacement for GVG "Quantum Incursions", I just shake my head in sadness. I will most likely be leaving the game shortly after GVG is shutdown, as it seems true head to head guild competition is not Inno's intent or future path. There were mentions of adding defensive battles in Battlegrounds, but haven't heard anymore about that, and see alot of other development work went into all these new activities, which seem to be a rehash of existing game mechanics. oh well, It was fun while it lasted....

Ebeondi Asi

I watched Mooingcats Video on the Quantum and it look like fun! Interesting, but might be hard for players who are already time crunched. (Working stiffs)
My thoughts now are mostly related to the Guild group issues of how it will be organized within Guilds. Which is a Guild problem not a game problem. ( advancing as a group from one area to another/)
For all you doomsayers. I cannot in good faith wish you any luck at all, but do hope you can find a new game to play somewhere... else??? :LoL

Darkest.Knight

Since I've always thought GvG was a waste I wish they would get on with the changes. From my perspective it's hard to imagine that it going to make things worse, lol.

Pericles the Lion

My take-away from the QI discussion on Beta is that there is a steep learning curve for this feature. Beta players are "guinea pigs" by choice and I wager that they will figure out the QI mechanics soon. Players on the live servers will benefit from their experience (if they take the time to read what's on Beta) which should make the roll out on live that much easier.

jaymoney23456

I watched Mooingcats Video on the Quantum and it look like fun! Interesting, but might be hard for players who are already time crunched. (Working stiffs)
My thoughts now are mostly related to the Guild group issues of how it will be organized within Guilds. Which is a Guild problem not a game problem. ( advancing as a group from one area to another/)
For all you doomsayers. I cannot in good faith wish you any luck at all, but do hope you can find a new game to play somewhere... else??? :LoL
Of course you think QI looks fun since it seems like your defualt is to like anything that inno releases for the game without queestion!

Johnny B. Goode

One thing that QI eliminates is the ability of one/two person guilds to even hope to participate. Since you can only choose two goods to produce, you need at least three guild members to go past the beginning stages. At least with GvG/GE/GBG a one person guild could participate to their heart's content. I'm not saying that they could compete or even should expect to compete with larger guilds, but they could at least take part in every aspect of the game. No longer. Combined with the cash prize lines, this is just one more step along the road to game's end. The casual player who used to occasionally spend on the game is being squeezed out by Inno's money grubbing tactics and focus on making the game as time intensive as they can. I would think that keeping the casual player in a mood to spend occasionally would be more important to them. I doubt that whales alone can keep FoE afloat. I guess we'll see.

jaymoney23456

QI is shaping up to be INNO's equivalent of the Hindenburg crash based on what I read in Beta.
Total pay to win-no chance for any guild that doesn't have a bunch of players buying the pass to beat those that do regardless of how strong the guild is in the 'actual FOE game" rather than what is basically a seperate game where 95% of what you have in your city is meaningless for QI

Ebeondi Asi

and focus on making the game as time intensive as they can.
I'm certain the Quantum can be ignored by any group or Guild that finds it too intensive. Reminds me a bit of the Settlements. The Settlements can be ignored 100% by any player, and only a very small disadvantage ensues from not having a few additional bits
(that for higher level players become redundant! I stored Yggrasil several months ago,,,)

Same thing with GE 5 players can skip it. no harm done unless in a top guild demanding it be completed in a race.
So a lot if the doom and gloom about Quantum is nonsense. :p

Xenosaur

Remember the movie Ground Hog day? With Bill Murray? Fitting I'm writing this on...

Ground Hog day but that's what QI seems to be like:

It relates as a story, a TV weatherman covering the annual GHD in Pennsylvania, who gets caught in a repeating day timeloop, forcing him to relive February 2 over and over again.

Well, that's what I hear QI is like. You live/eat/breathe/build/fight over and over again in the Iron age, each 11 day season. Then crash the progress, kill the city, rest, and do it again (wasn't that a Steely Dan song?) from the beginning (the QI timeloop season)

Sounds like fun, eh?

I don't think QI is as funny as GHD. How this is a replacement for GvG is beyond me.

Last edited:

xivarmy

One thing that QI eliminates is the ability of one/two person guilds to even hope to participate. Since you can only choose two goods to produce, you need at least three guild members to go past the beginning stages. At least with GvG/GE/GBG a one person guild could participate to their heart's content. I'm not saying that they could compete or even should expect to compete with larger guilds, but they could at least take part in every aspect of the game. No longer. Combined with the cash prize lines, this is just one more step along the road to game's end. The casual player who used to occasionally spend on the game is being squeezed out by Inno's money grubbing tactics and focus on making the game as time intensive as they can. I would think that keeping the casual player in a mood to spend occasionally would be more important to them. I doubt that whales alone can keep FoE afloat. I guess we'll see.
You don't need all 5 goods or troops. You just get double progress if you use the right ones. i.e. a good donation node:

1706905259335.png

If you have jewelry or limestone, this node will take half the actions (you don't need both). The barrier to progressing further as a teeny tiny guild (my beta guild is a 1 person guild) is action points as I see it now. And a duo should be able to be boosted on every node as far as I've seen (you'll be missing 1 good and 1 troop - but each node offers two different goods/troops that are boosted - so one of you will be boosted on every node in some way at that point).

I'm certain the Quantum can be ignored by any group or Guild that finds it too intensive. Reminds me a bit of the Settlements. The Settlements can be ignored 100% by any player, and only a very small disadvantage ensues from not having a few additional bits
(that for higher level players become redundant! I stored Yggrasil several months ago,,,)

Same thing with GE 5 players can skip it. no harm done unless in a top guild demanding it be completed in a race.

Oh but many of the top guilds surely *will* require QI progress. Because there is a ranking competition for it. Of somewhat more consequence than the GE one (which many guilds require GE even though I consider that a little silly :p). So many people who might even want to make the decision to ignore it won't be "allowed" to in their current guilds.

The relative importance of it is up in the air, but I'm assuming they're not going to release it in a state where "noone cares".

jaymoney23456

Remember the movie Ground Hog day? With Bill Murray? Fitting I'm writing this on...

Ground Hog day but that's what QI seems to be like:

It relates as a story, a TV weatherman covering the annual GHD in Pennsylvania, who gets caught in a repeating day timeloop, forcing him to relive February 2 over and over again.

Well, that's what I hear QI is like. You live/eat/breathe/build/fight over and over again in the Iron age, each 11 day season. Then crash the progress, kill the city, rest, and do it again (wasn't that a Steely Dan song?) from the beginning (the QI timeloop season)

Sounds like fun, eh?

I don't think QI is as funny as GHD. How this is a replacement for GvG is beyond me.
anyone wanna place bets about there being a script that players will be able to get to do all QI tasks for them? lol

WillyTwoShoes

Now that Quantum Incursions is in Beta and having read everything I can find about it - I would like to ask this question once again.

What use the Observatory?

With no use for the associated guild power boost its seems to me that the Atomium makes more sense.
??

Pericles the Lion

Now that Quantum Incursions is in Beta and having read everything I can find about it - I would like to ask this question once again.

What use the Observatory?

With no use for the associated guild power boost its seems to me that the Atomium makes more sense.
??
The Observatory is getting "Fierce Resistance", like SBC, DC, and Pegasus.

jaymoney23456

Its not the same thing in any way to think ignoring QI is the same as ignoring settlements or even GE 5. QI counts for guild ranking which means it cannot be ignored by strong guilds. Settlements and GE5 have nothing to do with guild ranking.