• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the Halloween Event 2023

Tharkunn

It has definitely happened to me twice now. Perhaps more. I know I died often when I thought i should be fine. But I took the trouble to understand when the bonus damage would apply and make sure that my health is greater than the max base damage plus the max bonus damage.
I have now died twice when I got more damage then I should have. Inno needs make it more failsafe that damage above the max damage amount does not get applied by mistake. I know this last time the bonus damage should not been in play. I was not of the type and I got hit with nine while the base was 4-6.

ScreamingZiva

I must be spending too many teeth in the card game because it feels like I'm going to come up very short on the main building. I've made sure to do every daily quest for keys and I've made sure I've opened at least my double chest every day. I know there is still over a week left but it just doesn't look good at this point.

Sharmon the Impaler

Mooing Cat has a really good video on that. Balance the cards with the activity cards and the remaining cards (Don't use Foe Helper even though it will make it much easier to see what you have left becuase it's against the rewls)

This event is one of the very worst. The game mechanics leave the user with very little control. We have an assortment of cards, but we are unable to control their use. In its usual style, InnoGames shoves its slot-machine model in our face – where everything is a chance for this and a chance for that. There's no real control. Just sit back, pull the lever until your eyes glaze over, and feed large amounts of game currency into the machine. It's an IQ 80 event all the way.

PJS299

This event is one of the very worst. The game mechanics leave the user with very little control. We have an assortment of cards, but we are unable to control their use. In its usual style, InnoGames shoves its slot-machine model in our face – where everything is a chance for this and a chance for that. There's no real control. Just sit back, pull the lever until your eyes glaze over, and feed large amounts of game currency into the machine. It's an IQ 80 event all the way.
There certainly is control! You can control which card you use, you can control how much health you have, you can control whether you win or not, you can control which DS you get... Actually one of the most controlled events ever! And you have to be watching the health bar the whole time too, so definitely not just an "eyes glazed over" game.

ScreamingZiva

Should you never buy the Heal card? You can always get 10 health for 85 teeth. If you are buying all 3 cards when you are given the chance, the Heal card is technically costing you 100 teeth and you may not even get 10 health from it.

Last edited:

Sharmon the Impaler

Should you never buy the Heal card? You can always get 10 health for 85 teeth. If you are buying all 3 cards when you are given the chance, the Heal card is technically costing you 100 teeth and you may not even get 10 health from it.
Buy the absolute minimum cards are possible , you are shooting for 300-500 teeth per dungeon , the closer to 400 the better. You should only buy thief cards from the first selection AND attack twice if available. Your first three cards will be beatable if you are on a "suggested" deck without using ability cards. If neither are available then sever .

Last edited:

KeithOfTheForge

I'm fairly disappointed that the silver and gold tracks don't have any extra laboratory upgrades on them until you've collected 4,500 points. If I'm paying for the gold track, it should be easier for me to complete the main event building.

Sharmon the Impaler

I'm fairly disappointed that the silver and gold tracks don't have any extra laboratory upgrades on them until you've collected 4,500 points. If I'm paying for the gold track, it should be easier for me to complete the main event building.
It does though , it gives you a full golden update at 3600 if you buy the gold tier.

xivarmy

I do not buy the heal card. My priority list:

1) Thief - saved for boss

2) Frenzy, Vile Renewal 5/7 dmg - usually will pay 50, but not 100 for them. Honestly not sure which is "better" - both are quite valuable for getting through off-tribe cards. Frenzy does more damage - but not always enough to 1-shot. But vile renewal often does enough damage, and includes a bonus heal.

3) Soul Sever - usually will not pay for it (sometimes make an exception if I've gotten a thief every card set and no better offensive cards from group 2). Soul Sever is good enough for your ability on the boss to cut it down to a size that can finish in 1 more card, but otherwise not very efficient. Sometimes usable when desperate like the next card I'll mention.

4) Vile Renewal 3 Dmg - its competition for being a "never take" when it comes up in the first set of cards is half-damage madness and a low HP heal. It at least can sometimes do half the work on a middle off-tribe enemy card while giving you a little hp back.

5) Never Take : Madness, Heal

honey55

I think "heal" makes sense if you don't need more than 8 and you pay 50 for it and there's nothing better to spend 50 on. I never buy the 100 one.

UBERhelp1

I do not buy the heal card. My priority list:

1) Thief - saved for boss

2) Frenzy, Vile Renewal 5/7 dmg - usually will pay 50, but not 100 for them. Honestly not sure which is "better" - both are quite valuable for getting through off-tribe cards. Frenzy does more damage - but not always enough to 1-shot. But vile renewal often does enough damage, and includes a bonus heal.

3) Soul Sever - usually will not pay for it (sometimes make an exception if I've gotten a thief every card set and no better offensive cards from group 2). Soul Sever is good enough for your ability on the boss to cut it down to a size that can finish in 1 more card, but otherwise not very efficient. Sometimes usable when desperate like the next card I'll mention.

4) Vile Renewal 3 Dmg - its competition for being a "never take" when it comes up in the first set of cards is half-damage madness and a low HP heal. It at least can sometimes do half the work on a middle off-tribe enemy card while giving you a little hp back.

5) Never Take : Madness, Heal
Out of curiosity, what's your teeth/progress looking like?

jaymoney23456

Mooing Cat has a really good video on that. Balance the cards with the activity cards and the remaining cards (Don't use Foe Helper even though it will make it much easier to see what you have left becuase it's against the rewls)
I have noticed mooing cat's videos on how to do events are not very good. After playing an event myself I can see how I can do better than by following this mooing cat's guide. BTW following these guides is a very tedious way to play an event!

xivarmy

Out of curiosity, what's your teeth/progress looking like?
Good question! I haven't tracked it that close. But running the numbers after the fact:

Progress​
3576​
3576​
Gold​
108​
648​
Silver​
154​
462​
Bronze​
195​
195​
4881​
Double Chest Bonus​
336​
Toothless Progress​
462​
Progress From Teeth​
4083​
Quest #​
48​
7450​
Days​
14​
2100​
Incident Guess​
700​
Start​
200​
Milestones​
1900​
Teeth Remaining​
1165​
Estimated Teeth Spent​
11185​
Teeth Per Additional Progress​
2.74​

UBERhelp1

Good question! I haven't tracked it that close. But running the numbers after the fact:

Progress​
3576​
3576​
Gold​
108​
648​
Silver​
154​
462​
Bronze​
195​
195​
4881​
Double Chest Bonus​
336​
Toothless Progress​
462​
Progress From Teeth​
4083​
Quest #​
48​
7450​
Days​
14​
2100​
Incident Guess​
700​
Start​
200​
Milestones​
1900​
Teeth Remaining​
1165​
Estimated Teeth Spent​
11185​
Teeth Per Additional Progress​
2.74​
Thanks! That's about where I am too.

I also briefly tested a strategy of getting healing cards and not grabbing thieves. You can average much closer to 2 teeth/progress )I was averaging nearly exactly 2 teeth/progress for a while. However, you get less progress per deck and would need to unlock decks, so there's a tradeoff. Will be testing it more for next year's event.

honey55

I have noticed mooing cat's videos on how to do events are not very good. After playing an event myself I can see how I can do better than by following this mooing cat's guide. BTW following these guides is a very tedious way to play an event!
I've been using mooingcats written guide for a long time. They have helped me tremendously and are not tedious for me, just helpful. I don't normally care for videos, but this time mooingcat had one that showed actually playing the game which i found extremely helpful. I think it would be great if i could figure them out myself, but unless i joined beta to do it, i would stand a big chance of not getting the complete event building. Id likely make to many mistakes when starting out.

Orius Maximus

This is my priority list for ability cards:

Take the free card and only buy a second if you're going for dungeon completion. If the two remaining cards are junk like Madness and Soul Sever or a weak Heal, skip them

Thief: always grab this one if going for a clear to get as many keys as possible from the end boss. This is where you get your event progress.

Frenzy: good for strong fights. The final boss but also encounter 8 which is the last card that might not match your deck and can be pretty strong. 2-3 are usually enough though.

Vile Renewal: these can usually one shot the next card encounter and heal a little bit. Might not be worth it from the last card encounter though.

Heal: the first two are weak, but the last two restore a decent amount.

Soul Sever: you might want to save one for the final boss, especially if the game is stingy with Frenzies, but otherwise not great.

Madness: Junk. Don't bother, this is always the one card to skip.