• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the Mini-Challenge March 2024

Johnny B. Goode

Kind of hard to give feedback when the Announcement only tells you what the rewards are. Is this a stand-alone challenge? Is it tied to GE? GBG? QI? Settlements? Main city? Inquiring minds want to know.

Dursland

Kind of hard to give feedback when the Announcement only tells you what the rewards are. Is this a stand-alone challenge? Is it tied to GE? GBG? QI? Settlements? Main city? Inquiring minds want to know.
Mostly GE and production quests.

In beta this gave some pretty good buildings, including the Santa's Showtime at the end.

But they have massively nerfed the rewards for live. Best you can get now is a full Winter Pyramid.

This challenge is no longer worth doing, and I'm glad for that because now I can skip all those silly 24h production quests.

I will not even be touching this as all you get is building kits for buildings from events past. I got my buildings in those events, I don't need them here.

What I would have appreciated is another Showtime or another Forgotten Temple.

Sharmon the Impaler

Of course they nerfed the live version. If they nerfed the beta version no one would be their guinea pigs for it. If they gave the same building that they gave for the 1% league 3 months ago they may suffer the next event.

Pericles the Lion

Of course they nerfed the live version. If they nerfed the beta version no one would be their guinea pigs for it. If they gave the same building that they gave for the 1% league 3 months ago they may suffer the next event.
I have to agree. The Santa's Showtime would be over-the-top in terms of a reward for a 2-day rival challenge. I'm satisfied with the frags of the Laboratory of Monstrosities. I didn't spend on getting to Gold League in the '23 Halloween event so they will help me complete #2. Maybe get #3

Johnny B. Goode

Two of the first 15 tasks are 24 hour productions. Ridiculous. Glad I discovered that on the first world I made the attempt, won't be bothering with it on any others. No need for even more fragments of buildings that will never reach completion in my Inventory.

Avan Sensei

Well, at least I'll be able to get a jumpin pumpkin out of this Rival. That's about it cuz I'm stuck on the 24 hour productions and I don't have any Finish All Supply Productions

jaymoney23456

I have to agree. The Santa's Showtime would be over-the-top in terms of a reward for a 2-day rival challenge. I'm satisfied with the frags of the Laboratory of Monstrosities. I didn't spend on getting to Gold League in the '23 Halloween event so they will help me complete #2. Maybe get #3
Not over the top at all considering you are using up tons of scarce finish all productions to get through the Rival. Just another way that Inno screws everyone over these days.

planetofthehumans2

The problem: Rival is too short, requiring many 24 HOUR productions, pots and medals to complete in the time frame.

Solution: Give rivals 48 or more hours.

Who over there has a serious stick up their bum about this??? This has been the #1 complaint since the rival was introduced, there's no purpose to limit it to 48 hours - and not even when the player logs in for the first time. It's some random time frame you guys picked to frustrate players because gbg hasn't started yet, and when the frustrated players say something you put your hands up wondering why we're frustrated.

Also the rival is a serious jerk and I don't want to see his face insulting me anymore.

xivarmy

Just from this page, when you first see the Rival, what is there to compel someone to say "this is awesome, I've gotta do this!"?

1711475497800.png

The milestones are incomplete items - that if they're useful to you you're making them anyways.

The first quest is a miniscule amount of fragments for a building that you would presume to need a generator to give them any value as well.

Perhaps there is "amazing treasures" later on. But if there is at least the best of them should be the quest 32 milestone. Instead of "half of a golden upgrade that if you could use it you'd have these fragments in 15 days or less anyways".

AAA12AAA

One of the tasks - Exchange 2 items in the Antique Dealer building. Just cut off Bronze and Iron Ages form completing Rival which I think is BS as they try to force players to move up in Ages. One positive is that it's task #17 and not #32 but still it's BS. So BA and IA players be aware of this horsesanus trap. Oppressing little people I see)

Pericles the Lion

Not over the top at all considering you are using up tons of scarce finish all productions to get through the Rival. Just another way that Inno screws everyone over these days.
There not that scarce for players that anticipated the need and built the Arcane Tarot Card Caravan. I get 1 Finish All Supply Productions each week and use them with Jumpin' Pumpkins.

1711476537595.png

Johnny B. Goode

So I checked and had one city where I could get past the 24 hour production tasks. (First two, anyway, if there's another it'll be a permanent roadblock.) Now I'm really missing GvG for these "win x battles without losing" tasks.

(I'm so sick of smug players saying they "anticipated the need" for something that never happened before.)

jaymoney23456

There not that scarce for players that anticipated the need and built the Arcane Tarot Card Caravan. I get 1 Finish All Supply Productions each week and use them with Jumpin' Pumpkins.

View attachment 21400
I have the arcane tarot card building-with all the supply quests from events, rival, etc. I end up spending a lot of them. Seems you saved yours for this perhaps but I am guessing lots of players have much less than you do in inventory.

jaymoney23456

So I checked and had one city where I could get past the 24 hour production tasks. (First two, anyway, if there's another it'll be a permanent roadblock.) Now I'm really missing GvG for these "win x battles without losing" tasks.

(I'm so sick of smug players saying they "anticipated the need" for something that never happened before.)
I agree. Most players have probably used much of their finish supply productions given how many there are now in events and other quests. There was a bunch in a previous rival or two also.