• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the Mini-Challenge March 2024

SirWilliam

There not that scarce for players that anticipated the need and built the Arcane Tarot Card Caravan. I get 1 Finish All Supply Productions each week and use them with Jumpin' Pumpkins.

View attachment 21400
Thanks. This gave me an idea I didn't think of. I used my supply of self aide kits and finish special to create finish all supply to get me past this one but if I hit another I'm done for sure.

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

So I checked and had one city where I could get past the 24 hour production tasks. (First two, anyway, if there's another it'll be a permanent roadblock.) Now I'm really missing GvG for these "win x battles without losing" tasks.

(I'm so sick of smug players saying they "anticipated the need" for something that never happened before.)
What you call "smug" I call self-satisfied. Players build a bunch of Nutcrackers to stock up on Mass Self Aid Kits right before INNO starts pumping out 1x1 buildings that consume lots of aid. In this example, players built the Tarot Card Caravan (not a popular event building) to stock up on Finish supply productions. How do you explain it? Clairvoyance, premonition, precognition, dumb-luck? I know that some players prepare for things that haven't happened before.

JJ597

Thanks. This gave me an idea I didn't think of. I used my supply of self aide kits and finish special to create finish all supply to get me past this one but if I hit another I'm done for sure.
In a world I play in, another player shared the rival quest list (from another world he plays in) and apparently there are 3 different complete 24 hour productions, Q15 - 20x 24hr productions, Q24 - 25x 24hr productions and Q32 - 40x 24hr productions. I'm happy to have skipped this completely!

Pericles the Lion

In a world I play in, another player shared the rival quest list (from another world he plays in) and apparently there are 3 different complete 24 hour productions, Q15 - 20x 24hr productions, Q24 - 25x 24hr productions and Q32 - 40x 24hr productions. I'm happy to have skipped this completely!
Thanks for the info. I'm on Q28 and just set my Pumpkins to 24hr for Q32. One less Finish Supply Productions item that I need to use.

SirWilliam

Guess I only have 5 more I can do. One of them I didn't even get past the 8th Quest.

Johnny B. Goode

What you call "smug" I call self-satisfied.
That is literally the definition of smug, but thanks for playing. LOL
There are at least 4 different 24hr production tasks, then, because the 20x24hr is the second one.

So I checked and had one city where I could get past the 24 hour production tasks. (First two, anyway, if there's another it'll be a permanent roadblock.) Now I'm really missing GvG for these "win x battles without losing" tasks.

(I'm so sick of smug players saying they "anticipated the need" for something that never happened before.)
Put him on ignore. He's a professional antagonist.

Emberguard

Is this one of the challenges where we will need to rush GE?

Yes.

By the time you get to any quests for fights you'll already have more Guild Expedition tasks than there are Expedition encounters available for the auto complete to kick in

Q15 - 20x 24hr productions, Q24 - 25x 24hr productions and Q32 - 40x 24hr productions. I'm happy to have skipped this completely!

Yep. You need 95 productions

Highly unlikely you'd have 48 production buildings in the city. So that means most people completing it would be either using diamonds or mass rushes.

I agree it is way more than I'd prefer for this sort of thing

jaymoney23456

Yes.

By the time you get to any quests for fights you'll already have more Guild Expedition tasks than there are Expedition encounters available for the auto complete to kick in

Yep. You need 95 productions

Highly unlikely you'd have 48 production buildings in the city. So that means most people completing it would be either using diamonds or mass rushes.

I agree it is way more than I'd prefer for this sort of thing
Is the last quest finish 40 24 hour productions or something like that? lol

Big-Bendz

Use rival to get a few things done - don't waste alot of good things to complete a task that gives almost nothing. I mostly will do the first few items - 2 fights, 2 negos, 6 fights, 6 negos. etc. 1 24X production. Next one I get will be the end of rival for me.

Urs Brun

I'm up for a good challenge, but the mismatches in terms of what satisfies what are particularly frustrating. For example so far:
  • The "finish goods" item cannot be used to finish the 24-hours goods production in a Sleigh Builder.
  • This one really chafes... battles in Quantum Incursion do not count toward the Rival's "complete X battles"

Johnny B. Goode

I'm up for a good challenge, but the mismatches in terms of what satisfies what are particularly frustrating. For example so far:
  • The "finish goods" item cannot be used to finish the 24-hours goods production in a Sleigh Builder.
  • This one really chafes... battles in Quantum Incursion do not count toward the Rival's "complete X battles"
You can use a "Finish Special Production" item on the Sleigh Builder. "Finish Special" items work on both multi-production buildings and special/event buildings like the Confectionaries that only produce supplies.

Urs Brun

You can use a "Finish Special Production" item on the Sleigh Builder. "Finish Special" items work on both multi-production buildings and special/event buildings like the Confectionaries that only produce supplies.
I'm aware, but now I'm all out of "Finish Special Production" and sitting on 4 "Finish All Goods Production" and 10 "Finish Goods Production" that just tell me...
1711507738776.png
... even though I'm producing goods.

e2m2

This Rival totally sucks, and is not worth bothering with at all. Sorry to be so blunt.
The prizes on Beta made it worth while. Prizes got nerfed for main worlds
You still get a fully leveled Wonderland Pyramid and Laboratory of Monstrosities. That may be worth to some.

But I agree, the lack of final reward building (like Santa's Showtime on Beta) is not cool.

jaymoney23456

You still get a fully leveled Wonderland Pyramid and Laboratory of Monstrosities. That may be worth to some.

But I agree, the lack of final reward building (like Santa's Showtime on Beta) is not cool.
I did it to quest 31 and the extra laboratory of monstrosities is worth doing much of the rival-the winter pyramid is ok but not as good as the lab building imo. I think the last quest is a ripoff for wanting 40 24 hour productions and all you get in return is shards of gold winter pyramid building that you can get for free with a little time.

Johnny B. Goode

My main issue with the Rivals challenge this time is it's the first time that I can remember an event/challenge/whatever that requires you to use rushes to even get halfway through, let alone complete it. Unless, of course, you have at least 50 production buildings in your city*. That's a marked departure from everything else we've seen. Sure, you could use rushes in other events/challenges to get through them faster, but never just to be able to finish them. My favorite word for most of Inno's changes additions to the game lately: RIDICULOUS.

*If you had 50 production buildings and already had them ready to collect from a 24hr production, you could collect from as many as you need for the first task that requires them, then reset them. Do this each time and you could do it without rushes. The only way you could do it without rushes. RIDICULOUS.

Yes, I also posted this in the other (unofficial) thread.

PJS299

Screenshot 2024-03-27 19.26.14.png

Think I spent about 100 diamonds… It was pretty easy.

Everybody always complains about it, but it isn't actually that bad. Maybe for P2P players, because they already have 5 of each building, but as a F2P player, the rewards are pretty nice.