• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the Mini Challenges

Eadyth

Another small bit of game ... to fulfill one's need to be the Princess in the fable "The Princess and the Pea" Where even the tiniest flaw creates endless drama. LoL :eek:
But you probably would have been able to marry the Prince without the drama. ;)
I am not creating drama. I am asking a valid question. You are doing the drama thing. Go away.

Ebeondi Asi

I am not creating drama. I am asking a valid question. You are doing the drama thing. Go away.
Ahh..??? why do you think my comment was about you? :oops: You response does make it your drama :rolleyes:
i guess you think it is all about you maybe? Well now it is ;)

CDmark

There is nothing here that any long time player needs. What a bad idea!
HERE IS WHAT I GOT IN BETA
1 L3 serpent
1 L2 serpent
each one of the serpent chain buildings and a selection kit
1 forgotten temple (complete, 200 fragments)
1 divine skywatch
1 greater ritual

Even if you don't care about blue A/D which is fine, I understand that part, players choice, a L3 Serpent, 15% red A/D. 12 FP, 3x2 is a great building for 32 quests, this one ALONE, and I am forgetting the Forgotten Temple (timed building) and the L2 Serpent (10% red A/D, 6 FP, still a good one in many cities).

Let me do the analysis, worst case, use 4 finish all productions, spend medals, defeat units, some recruiting units, do a few complex negos - goods, spend FPs, donate goods to treasury = L3 serpent, great deal to me.

Now I was skeptical in beta wondering if there was a catch. I finished and no catch.

So, some answers to comments here and in beta
1) Why rush it, 2 days, makes it hard...It is supposed to be a challenge but definitely can be done, even with less of the extras like mass supply rushes.
2) But newer players may not be able to complete it...Newer players may not be able to complete everything established players can complete, um, they are new and why should everything be designed for them. They need to work on their cities and in time, things will be easier. My beta player is 6 months old and I finished it doing the quests blindly, I was one to let the guild know what will be the hard tasks. Back when I was a new player on live server, I think a SoK was a great prize to get.
3) When will it come again (beta), is it always GE based?..etc This one I would say, they will keep it a surprise. At least on live there was an announcement. I logged onto to beta and saw it, like a real surprise.

Eadyth

Ahh..??? why do you think my comment was about you? :oops: You response does make it your drama :rolleyes:
i guess you think it is all about you maybe? Well now it is ;)
Ha ha. Whoever you are insulting, doesn't matter. Go away.

Last edited:

Orius Maximus

This literally just came out on Beta. Even if they have lots of positive feedback, I still feel like they should at least wait longer than one week to put it on the live servers. There could be little bugs that need fixing.

Recently, it seems like Beta hasn't actually been used as a testing ground. Everything gets put out to live almost the exact same way, even if there's negative feedback.

That's how Inno has long used Beta. They don't bother to test actual game balance, they just make sure there are no obvious bugs and then rush it out. They've been doing it like that for years.

I don't particularly like the idea of handing out GE rewards unless the tasks themselves are GE. Even that's questionable. I think it's another sign they goofed up with GE5 in that 80 encounters is too many for the feature. I've been able to complete it every week myself, but I need to do it twice a day if I don't want to rely too heavily on medals. Some players might not have the time for that. Using medals involves some really wonky math though. It increases a bit with every encounter one does, and while it starts cheap, it can get expensive if you rely on it too much. This is complicated by GE5 adding another 16 encounters which continue to jack up the cost. It's okay if I buy a small number of encounters but eventually it gets expensive enough that I wouldn't be able to sustain that spending over the long term.

Lots of production quests has me giving them the stink eye too. I need to maintain actual production buildings for that and that sucks up city space that can't be used for more effective buildings. I stick with Cider Mills because they have small footprints and I can build enough of them for a decent amount of productions. Blacksmiths have the problem of not being able to accomplish same or previous age if you're any higher than IA, and multiproducers are harder to rush in events. Not to mention rushes have been scarce in events this year, but events haven't had any problem dumping blueprints, medals, dozens of FPs, or units in my lap. That's not counting the near useless coins and supplies but events have always dished those out.

Wolfarth

I began playing in March 2020. Have spent plenty of money on diamonds as I felt INNO employees should get paid. That being said, I've become weary of the changes I've seen over the last 20 months or so. Why does every new building have to throw out a pop-up telling me what's been awarded but lock me from collecting until I hit the "okay" button? Slows me down and irritates the crap out of me. This new quest thread I played on BETA.....I hated it. You work your butt off and get boring, unneeded rewards for the time and treasure you put in. Not worth the time or energy. The rewards aren't exciting or inviting. Fragments? Forget it. I won't work for them. I'm so disgusted with the changes INNO has been doing that I'm closing down cities soon and probably going to abandon this franchise. I had high hopes three years ago that they would develop a newer playing space, 3D, where we could actually walk around in our cities, like the show in all of their ads. Instead, we get an outdated play space that isn't all that fun anymore.

WillyTwoShoes

I had high hopes three years ago that they would develop a newer playing space, 3D, where we could actually walk around in our cities, like the show in all of their ads. Instead, we get an outdated play space that isn't all that fun anymore.
I don't want to be a Debbie Downer but that sounded right to me. I'm finding that its a lot like a bad book - it started so so and I thought maybe with a little more context it would get better, you keep diligently turning the pages and halfway thru realize its getting to be a chore but you keep going because you don't want to waste the effort, then finally your at the end and realize its not all that and a bag of chips.

KeithOfTheForge

I won't mind doing these if the rewards are worth it. When events aren't running, I log in, collect, do GE and then log out until the evening to do more GE. That's about it for the day unless battlegrounds are running.

However, it looks like we're going to have to use consumables to finish the 8 and 24 hour productions which is going to be prohibitive for some people.

Eadyth

I understand it's the policy for them to auto complete if you finish L4 and that this has worked for everyone but one person. That one person did something different, they completed the whole thing before even starting Rival. I'm asking them for more information -- I need to know whether it's the situation of a) they never saw the quests and so didn't realize they auto completed and were still able to complete Rival, or b) they were not able to complete Rival. Programming doesn't always accomplish policy. I just need to know.
I finally got an answer of this. His Rival GE quests never appeared (they auto completed invisibly). He was still able to complete Rival.

Paksennarion

"The first challenge will start on November 28th together with the Guild Expedition and will run until the 30th of November 08:30 market time."

OK, it's the 28th and the latest Guild Expedition has begun - where is the Mini Challenge?

I have spent a lot of years designing games professionally, and Inno, you seriously need some good game designers working for you. The ones you have seem to be trying hard, but they are missing some very important aspects, as they are adding even more tedium, poorly monetizing, and totally ignoring players' wishes. My guess is that about 4-5% of players pay money to this game, and that the number of players, the percent paying money, and the average amount of money paid is declining long-term. To compensate, you are blowing some aspects of the game way out of proportion, instead of fixing the underlying problems.

This whole new challenge quest idea is a good example of what not to do. It adds even more of the same old same old tedious game mechanic, begs for money from players instead of providing something worth paying for, and already has much more negative than positive feedback from players even just from the description.

I have tons of better ideas, and I'm sure there are plenty of other players who also do, but no one seems to be asking or listening or caring.

KeithOfTheForge

If I'm reading that list of quests correctly, you have to complete the first four levels of GE in 48 hours to finish the questline (and there are 24 hour productions listed)? So that essentially means buying attempts which costs medals (newer players need those for expansions) or diamonds.

Ebeondi Asi

So far doing the quest in three worlds it is a bit tedious. But I can finish all 64 the avoid those later expensive negotiations demanded.. (I can only hope they autocomplete)