• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the Mini Challenges

Ebeondi Asi

You're missing the point. We like the game that we started playing, but every crappy thing they add moves it farther and farther away from that game.
Actually we all see that point clearly. A bunch of players want nothing changed and are crying and bawling having a sort of tantrum here in the Forum over what they see as horrible..
Others like the changes.
That simple.
I would add that the trend is for players , over time, coming to realize that the changes are fun. Really.
(the crying bawling crowd could also realize that.... If they would just give the new things a fair try. )

Last edited:

honey55

Actually we all see that point clearly. A bunch of players want nothing changed and are crying and bawling having a sort of tantrum here in the Forum over what they see as horrible..
Others like the changes.
That simple.
I would add that the trend is for players , over time, coming to realize that the changes are fun. Really.
(the crying bawling crowd could also realize that.... If they would just give the new things a fair try. )
This could have been said in a nicer way. Not sure which is worse what you call crying, actually complaining or more exact giving negative feedback, or someone who is actually mean. Actually i do know which is worse

Johnny B. Goode

Others like the changes.
That simple.
Nope. Wrong again. Lots of things changed in the early years of the game, but they were designed to improve the game. Change isn't the problem. Scattershot change designed almost solely to induce players to spend Diamonds/cash is the problem. There is no consistent vision for the game anymore. This mini challenge rot is just the latest tacked on junk that has nothing to do with anything else in the game. It can't be done in multiple cities on a consistent basis while still having a life outside the game. It may not be doable on a consistent basis in a single city if the tasks in this first edition are any indication. Certainly will be difficult if they have it while an event is going on. Especially an event where you need to do the Daily Challenge every day in addition to everything else. Throw in a time consuming event mini game and you're on here 24/7 just to get the regular rewards. Then, if you want the "Golden" level of anything, you either have to wait months for fragments to accumulate, or spend real money. I repeat, change isn't the problem. Mindless change solely in pursuit of money with no regard for a consistent game development is the problem.

Oh, and that "realize that the changes are fun" crap? Definitely wrong. More like some players like changes right away, others never like them, and still others like them originally and then get really, really tired of them. (Did someone say "Settlements"?)

Ebeondi Asi

Good to read some definitive opposition to my stand.
I still agree with what wrote. Feel free to disagree.

Last edited:

WillyTwoShoes

As my feedback:
I didn't like the new mini quest.
I won't bother explaining why because others have done that for me and the foe team will ignore it all anyway.
For those of you that are enthusiasts, betcha one thing fer sure, someone at Inno is toting up the mini-quest $ haul and if it adds up you'll see it again.

Aristarchus1

Yes... it's a hidden gem. I have 2 Lvl 3 Serpents (EACH give 15% RED attack + 10 FP in 6 squares), and attached to those are 8 total SS (Serpent Spikes) (7 on 1, 1 on the other). Each SS is 4 squares, and delivers 15% BLUE attack. So there's a quick BLUE attack total of 120%, packaged almost as efficiently/square as Tactician Tower #2 (@ 4%/square).

They add up and deliver on their GE 5 help.
Not only that, but the spikes have also blue defence. So, they are much better than Greater Ritual flames or Tacticians lvl2

Xenosaur

Not only that, but the spikes have also blue defence. So, they are much better than Greater Ritual flames or Tacticians lvl2
Very good point. In fact - great point. Sorry for missing that in my post.

That icon is so small on mobile and "jammed packed" with it's data that it contains BOTH. Visually - the sword is prominent, the shield is buried (muted)..

Orius Maximus

Not really enthusiastic about this one at all. I might have been able to get through it all by spending medals and using supply rushes but for a bunch of trash rewards that'll mostly end up in the AD I'm not going to bother. I have all the medal expansions and 6 million medals sitting around doing nothing, but the way medal costs ramp up in GE, I'd still hit an unsustainable limit. Worse are the long supply productions. I am NOT blowing my limited number of supply rushes on those, I need those to get through events, and Winter is dropping tomorrow. And for what? A bunch of GE trash that I already have from doing GE5 every week? Extra Temple frags might be nice, but not from this grind. I have no problem sustaining Temples now, and a single one is sufficient for my needs.

Angry.Blanket

Others like the changes.
That simple.
So, where exactly do you come up with crying ,bawling and tantrum in all this, How long do we have to keep trying the stuff we don't enjoy in order to give it a fair chance? There is a lot of games out there that I don't like , I don't play them. Why don't you change and go play a game you don't enjoy? Change is always good right ?

Pericles the Lion

So, where exactly do you come up with crying ,bawling and tantrum in all this, How long do we have to keep trying the stuff we don't enjoy in order to give it a fair chance? There is a lot of games out there that I don't like , I don't play them. Why don't you change and go play a game you don't enjoy? Change is always good right ?
I keep asking myself why would anyone play a game that they do not like? There are a number of contributors on the Forum that have done little but complain, for years, about nearly everything INNO does yet they continue to play. Some even continue to pay to play. This makes no sense to me.

Ebeondi Asi

I keep asking myself why would anyone play a game that they do not like? There are a number of contributors on the Forum that have done little but complain, for years, about nearly everything INNO does yet they continue to play. Some even continue to pay to play. This makes no sense to me.
I believe it's chronic "Princess and the Pea" syndrome.

for myself I try hard to add up the positive bits to balance the negative in my mind. Where too many here just chase after any slightly negative aspect and magnify it all out of proportion. Which is precisely what the Princess and the Pea story is really about

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

Oh, there are still parts of the game I like. Not much that's been added lately, hence the "complaining". GE5? Crap. GBG? Crap. Golden upgrades? Crap. GE1-4? Still okay, but nerfing large encounters and Diamond chances make it less attractive than it used to be. PVP Arena? Not bad. Ever changing event mini games? Mostly crap. Some not worth the effort at all. Mini Challenge? Crap for the most part. Seems like a crumb thrown to those few who like GE5. Too many long supply tasks and multiple battle tasks for the time allotted. Prizes are okay, but nothing special.

Pericles the Lion

Oh, there are still parts of the game I like. Not much that's been added lately, hence the "complaining". GE5? Crap. GBG? Crap. Golden upgrades? Crap. GE1-4? Still okay, but nerfing large encounters and Diamond chances make it less attractive than it used to be. PVP Arena? Not bad. Ever changing event mini games? Mostly crap. Some not worth the effort at all. Mini Challenge? Crap for the most part. Seems like a crumb thrown to those few who like GE5. Too many long supply tasks and multiple battle tasks for the time allotted. Prizes are okay, but nothing special.
Congratulations on reaching 100MM points in your main city!

Angry.Blanket

Others like the changes.
That simple.
I 100% agree that change would be good now, I don't enjoy the game the way it is, they need to make changes now.

billlaca

Not really enthusiastic about this one at all. I might have been able to get through it all by spending medals and using supply rushes but for a bunch of trash rewards that'll mostly end up in the AD I'm not going to bother. I have all the medal expansions and 6 million medals sitting around doing nothing, but the way medal costs ramp up in GE, I'd still hit an unsustainable limit. Worse are the long supply productions. I am NOT blowing my limited number of supply rushes on those, I need those to get through events, and Winter is dropping tomorrow. And for what? A bunch of GE trash that I already have from doing GE5 every week? Extra Temple frags might be nice, but not from this grind. I have no problem sustaining Temples now, and a single one is sufficient for my needs.
How can you call a Forgotten Temple trash. Plant two of them and your FP collections are 40% higher increased by BG. I dont plant a new one until a busy GBG season so I have 3 in the ground now. Collections are events. LOL Without the mini quests, it takes 4 weeks of GE5 to get 1 Forgotten Temple. And Level 3 Feathered Serpent Statues are pretty darn good, also. That takes 12 weeks of GE5 to get.

Orius Maximus

I'm wasn't counting the Temple among the trash. However, grinding through this thing for another isn't worth the effort. I also pull in plenty of FP, so I'm not hurting there.

Ebeondi Asi

One other valuable item from the 48 hr quest minigame is a Finish all Special Production. For me that alone is worth over 2000Fps, Plus over 2000 Titan Goods ..plus assorted bits.
But i can see if you are in Iron Age with about 47 FPs and few Event buildings, when you collect your city, A Finish all Special Production might be considered garbage.

WillyTwoShoes

One other valuable item from the 48 hr quest minigame is a Finish all Special Production.
Here again if you have a goodly supply of Mass Aid kits, which require NutCrackers, which require city space, etc etc.

There was a Mass Aid kit in that questline. For me that was a nice item, but the hot mess that was the questline did not entertain me nor did I find any of it something I would recommend as rewarding.

I personally do not think to highly of the Finish all Special Production except as a means of resetting my collection schedule because when your buildings aren't motivated it is worthless.