• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the Mini Challenges

ScreamingZiva

1706016163945.png

1706016485478.png

These are absolutely stupid and not really worth the rewards.

Now you have to make a choice, play for paws or potentially ruin your boards to do the Rival. On top of that, since event tickets refresh daily, most people probably have four tickets max to do this without buying any extras.

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

View attachment 21181

View attachment 21182

Now you have to make a choice, play for paws or potentially ruin your boards to do the Rival. On top of that, since event tickets refresh daily, most people probably have four tickets max to do this without buying any extras.
Just more proof that this is now simply an event-driven game, where the main city is beside the point and merely a tool for, and reflection of, the constant events. (I already know that there's a certain player on the Forum who will undoubtedly show up to disagree.)

Jakobi007

I was surprised to see the mini-games this morning, I like them. I don't spend any diamonds or money on events as I try to see how far I can get with just strategy and these will certainly help.

On a side note, I had one game today that had zero blue tiles lol. I needed 15 for the mini-game and for the entire game, no blue tiles showed up lol. It was fine I guess since I was able to focus with one less color on the board and I will do that mini-game later.

Pericles the Lion

I was surprised to see the mini-games this morning, I like them. I don't spend any diamonds or money on events as I try to see how far I can get with just strategy and these will certainly help.

On a side note, I had one game today that had zero blue tiles lol. I needed 15 for the mini-game and for the entire game, no blue tiles showed up lol. It was fine I guess since I was able to focus with one less color on the board and I will do that mini-game later.
When Rival Quests are active one of the five colors is randomly removed from the board. Bad for those trying to pop x of that color (need to wait until another board) but it should make it easier to complete the quests that call for collecting two 4-star (or 6-star) chests.

jaymoney23456

View attachment 21181

View attachment 21182

I hadn't progressed very far in the questline on purpose and I saved the first ticket I got from the prizeline. So I probably spent 6 tickets already to see if its even remotely possible to finish rival quests by playing seminormally (I did try to get the 4 star blocks for example but I didn't sacrifice chances for paws to do so). I couldn't even get past quest 6. The rival quests are a stupid attempt to entice more players to buy tickets and tools imo and I plan on ignoring it for the rest of the event!!

jaymoney23456

Just more proof that this is now simply an event-driven game, where the main city is beside the point and merely a tool for, and reflection of, the constant events. (I already know that there's a certain player on the Forum who will undoubtedly show up to disagree.)
I would even go a step further and say its a total spending driven game. The events are going more and more in the direction of having to buy the pass or buy diamonds in order to get what you would want from them (some have diamond farms but who could honestly produce enough diamonds from cities to keep up with these events). I would add though that GbG remains a huge part of the game for those in the top guilds, but this is also turning into lets see how many camps can be rushed=yet more diamond spending)!

Sharmon the Impaler

I would even go a step further and say its a total spending driven game. The events are going more and more in the direction of having to buy the pass or buy diamonds in order to get what you would want from them (some have diamond farms but who could honestly produce enough diamonds from cities to keep up with these events). I would add though that GbG remains a huge part of the game for those in the top guilds, but this is also turning into lets see how many camps can be rushed=yet more diamond spending)!
So you are here for some reason but you haven't stated one thing that you like about the game. Why do you play it ?

Sharmon the Impaler

Imagine a game that has aspects like rival that do nothing to make playing the game pleasant but exist soley to make a profit and actually make it more difficult to succeed in the game in nonsensical ways. The stupidity!
Rival is disliked by everyone I spoke with , whales to F2P it didn't matter , none liked it and found it detracted from the event , not added to it.

Ebeondi Asi

Finished the Rival in one World, It definitely requires spending some Diamonds or incredible good luck. IMO.
The final Rival prize are three Golden Tickets. Feel free to chime in saying either: that is not much of a prize or... Wow a great Prize...
Yeah it cost me. But I advanced a ways in the Event. So no big deal.

PJS299

Had to zoom out to use the collect all this morning.

I know it's a small thing, but maybe they could've figured out a way to do it...

Screenshot 2024-01-23 20.53.51.png

JJ597

Rivals grand prize, 3 golden tickets a great prize! Quests to get there, aren't worth the time or effort. Especially, when you buy 5 extra moves to complete the "Gather 2 red or blue 6 star rewards" and the next quest is to "Buy 5 extra moves"

Johnny B. Goode

First disappointment: Rival challenge is tied to the event. Is this because fewer people are bothering with the events and this is their way of trying to coerce us into participating? (Fails with me, by the way.)
Second disappointment: Collect all button now hidden on PC unless you switch to full screen mode, which you have to do manually on each city you visit. Do they really not want us to spend that 5 Diamonds?!? That's okay, though, it's the final incentive I need to turn my cities into full WW Diamond farms with no other buildings but GBs to throw FP on so I can collect all my WWs every day. That way I can collect without spending that 5 Diamonds, and won't have to worry about the annoying collection popups. One already converted, the rest will follow...except one to use all the Diamonds on. Haven't decided which one yet. Guarantees I will never spend money on FoE again. (Haven't for a while, anyway.)

planetofthehumans2

If you liked THIS rival, you'll love the next rival for st paddies LOL what a literal pots of gold sink for last years gold upgrade, 2000 pots for tasks that require not one but MULTIPLE fast forwards and I didn't get that far. Maybe if it was the platinum version, but dang inno did someone hit you guys in the head over there when you were thinking about these tasks.