• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for update 1.197

Joeyjojojo

The production building thing could be better. The zoom thing has been mentioned (a lot) and apparently some buildings are not included. My issues with it (other than zooming in) are:

- It seems to cycle randomly (SB->SB->orchard->SB->TF->SB...), which means paying more attention than I had to before
- I have sleigh builders from different eras, and I'd like to know which I'm setting production for, that info isn't here so I need to leave and open up a specific one which restarts this process.
- I can't scroll through once production is set, if it auto jumped to ones that were not set, fine, but sometimes when I get a production quest I go back and change the timers for some/all to meet it. It would be nice to do so within this feature (given other fixes to it).

KevinP0208

The production building changes are terrible , please creat an option to either opt out,or revert back to old system this new one is terrible

I agree with you. I find it more difficult and annoying. I prefer clicking manually on the building and producing it. I wish there is an option to turn it off... It could be more time saving, so I'm not saying to get rid of it, but have a button in settings to toggle it on and off.

This has been mentioned a lot, but the zoom triggers me the most tbh.

OriolesFan64

I think the changes are great, of course the zoom thing is very annoying.

The one thing I would have done with the name changes is to charge a price for a name change aka 100 diamonds or something like that to prevent abuse, that "Go" game does that.

lunasea

Thanks for the 'jumping' of the production buildings. Makes for a lot less clicking.
I understand the unzoom can be irritating for some, though is no problem on PC.
I have not experienced the blacksmith problem yet, agree any building you have moved away from should not push itself back in the list
It is definitely a problem for me on PC/laptop. I never use zoom+. It is jarring and an eye pain for me. So now I need to spend an extra seconds of mouse motion to locate the zoom back to where I had it with it meaning I need to go through ZOOM- first. That extra completely removes any convenience or speed I gain by being able to set productions from one window. Then add in how much it now makes me dislike normal game play I am likely to let the game sit until it is fixed. Oh, and I also much prefer to do my own method of moving through my production and buildings and not have the order imposed on me.

Going to amend that you can avoid all of it by one at a time collection and setting new production which of course removes the time-saving benefit of the option of the sweeping through all of your building while holding down the left side of the mouse.

Last edited:

qaccy

Definitely a fan of the change to production buildings! The zoom thing is funny to me because Elvenar did this exact same thing when the functionality was first added over there as well. Elvenar still handles it a bit differently regardless, but the zoom bit was done away with eventually so that'll probably happen here as well.

Overall, this is definitely an improvement for me! I imagine it can only get better for some of the others here as it gets tweaked down the line.

Ocala Mama

The supply auto production update is HORRENDOUSLY ANNOYING, FRUSTRATING AND A WASTE OF TIME. This auto production is NOT enabled by clicking on "right" & "left" arrows, but runs automatically, choosing another production building, which may or may not be one I want to run. You can't shut it off!!! In an attempt to avoid this supply auto production, when you "X" out of the new auto screen, you are taken back to your world AT FULL ZOOM! Then the whole mess starts again when you choose the next supply building you want to start. "X-ing" out of the auto production and adjusting the zoom, to see which building you want to start next is UNBELIEVABLY BURDENSOME IN BOTH TIME & EFFORT. This should be an option NOT A MANDATE! To put it simply, YOU RUINED THE GAME. THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN, NOT FULL OF FRUSTRATIONS. PLEASE MAKE THIS AN OPTION-ONLY feature!!!!

lemur

This update gets a grade of F.

The supply building changes are a disaster. By introducing unwanted zoom, this "improvement" acts like an enormous bug — the computer version of a prehistoric cockroach. Furthermore, the change seems to force a certain style of play that is unsuitable to many players. Many of us do not collect and reset our supply buildings all at once. We have this building called Château Frontenac (remember that?), and we complete numerous collection quests — collecting and reseting productions bit by bit. The change that was implemented this morning is beyond annoying; it's a great way to discourage players from continuing with the game.

Players must be allowed to opt out of the new system for setting supply production.

The ability to change one's user name is also a disaster. If I had to guess, I would say that there's someone new in charge who falsely thinks he knows better that the collective wisdom of eight years of FoE management. It's shameful. I have been playing this game, off and on, for many years. I have sometimes seen players who are self-centered, mean-spirited, or bigoted. The community of good players will now find it more difficult to shun players who deserved such treatment. Ugly players will instead become chameleons who infect guilds.

The name change feature must be removed.

KevinP0208

Ok. There seems to be 2 completly opposite sides. Some LOVE the update, while other (like me) HATE the update. If there are 2 sides, there is a solution to solve both problems. Make a button to toggle "production update" ON or OFF. That way, people like me can actually also enjoy the game without needing to get annoyed every time we try to produce something.