• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for update 1.199

How does one get 9k fights a day? I'm tired of selecting units and clicking auto after fight 50 or so.
Players (defying posted rules) use "auto-clickers" to loop RQs. There are RQs in SAAB that require a fight so they automate it and complete quest thousands of times. You can see these guys on the ForgeDB as "Top Fighters" (aka lousy fighters who cheat).

Algona

How does one get 9k fights a day? I'm tired of selecting units and clicking auto after fight 50 or so.

Don't speculate on how they do it, that will just get the thread locked.

The current overall RP leader is averaging 200K fights per month since mid October. Call it an average of 6500 per day. That's roughly 4 per minute every minute of every hour of every day for over 4 months. Yesterday they did 17K Fights. That's one every 5 seconds

I'm kinda thinking something needed to be done.

I had read all the complaints on the BETA server about this and today I find it implemented on the live servers.

punishing my play style with this type of change is really insidious

Since you read the discussion about it in advance then it isn't insidious.

I understand you don't like the change. I expect you won't be alone in that. I also expect this will not e the only thread complaing about this.

INNO blew it twice. Putting in an easily abusab, err, I mean, overpowerd RQ then deploying this as a solution.

It's kinda frightening it took them months to come up with this bad a solution.

Last edited:

- KQ -

It has been stated on Beta that the delay has been added intentionally. The obvious reason being to slow down the completion of RQs. It is also further theorized the real reason is to slow down those using clicker bots. Similar to the theorized reason behind the forced zoom in the 'improved' production box.

Everyone has their own breaking point. What's yours?

@RazorbackPirate ~ who stated that the delay was intentional? Was it a moderator or a user?

As for breaking points ~ I've been doing a lot less RQing anyway, but this is just stupid. I agree with the rest of your post regarding dealing with the issue if any of people using bots.

Edit to add: I don't play this game to compete against the kind of people that use bots. I play it as a distraction and a break in my day. My goal is to have some fun. This delay detracts from that and makes the game less appealing. People that use bots are missing the point in my opinion.

Last edited:

The current overall RP leader is averaging 200K fights per month since mid October. Call it an average of 6500 per day. That's roughly 4 per minute every minute of every hour of every day for over 4 months. Yesterday they did 17K Fights. That's one every 5 seconds

I understand you don't like the change. I expect you won't be alone in that. I also expect this will not e the only thread complaing about this.

INNO blew it twice. Putting in an easily abusab, err, I mean, overpowerd RQ then deploying this as a solution.

I found it insidious when it was added in BETA in a stealthy and unannounced way.

It has been stated on Beta that the delay has been added intentionally. The obvious reason being to slow down the completion of RQs. It is also further theorized the real reason is to slow down those using clicker bots. Similar to the theorized reason behind the forced zoom in the 'improved' production box.

So once again Inno decides to make everyone suffer because Inno allows the few to continue to abuse the system Inno put in place. Sucks that kicking the players using the bots isn't an option, I guess they must buy diamonds too. So the masses suffer, the cheaters merely slowed, not thwarted.

If left unchecked, this is the trend that will kill the game. Make the game increasingly unplayable to slow the cheaters they won't kick. Cheaters unaffected by the change, they're not clicking the mouse anyway. But the rest are affected. Every day, every click. More and more stuff to do in game and now Inno decides to make the basics slower to execute. Not smart business.

There is no point at which slowing down the game makes a bot NOT profitable. In fact, every slow down gives further justification to the bot, increasing the benefits to those who use them. But there is a point the game becomes unplayable for the masses who don't cheat. Does Inno really want to start testing which one of these becomes the proverbial straw for various players?

Kick the cheaters, no matter who they are. In fact, a few long time, high profile accounts on each world suddenly disappearing would largely stop it cold, but instead Inno will now subject the honest player base to 1,000 cuts until we've finally had enough..

I could not have said it better - thank you.

Algona

To CMT:

The following from RP is a great summation of the problem inherent in this sort of fix and needs to be passed on to INNO:

If left unchecked, this is the trend that will kill the game. Make the game increasingly unplayable to slow the cheaters they won't kick. Cheaters unaffected by the change, they're not clicking the mouse anyway. But the rest are affected. Every day, every click. More and more stuff to do in game and now Inno decides to make the basics slower to execute. Not smart business.

There is no point at which slowing down the game makes a bot NOT profitable. In fact, every slow down gives further justification to the bot, increasing the benefits to those who use them. But there is a point the game becomes unplayable for the masses who don't cheat. Does Inno really want to start testing which one of these becomes the proverbial straw for various players?

RP is dead on in this analysis. INNO is punishing everyone except the bot users and the frustration this causes

In addition, can you please pass on to INNO that it is past time for a frank discussion from INNO about cheating? Quit sweeping it under the rug with the excuse of confidentiality, we can see who cheats, we can see they still play.

BruteForceAttack

Well let's see if the numbers go down dramatically.

lemur

If left unchecked, this is the trend that will kill the game. Make the game increasingly unplayable ...

This is the best post I have ever seen you write. Thank you!!

Every day, every click. More and more stuff to do in game and now Inno decides to make the basics slower to execute. Not smart business.

The corporation has been slowly undermining the RQ playing style for years. Every change becomes more blatant than the last. Every deliberate slowdown was advertised as a "feature" that would improve the game. Some of us knew better. It's been a death by multiple cuts, as you suggested — including a new quest system with swinging graphics and then extra buttons for the Unbirthday Quest.

Is this smart business? Perhaps Inno regards their player base as a dealer would regard his addicts. And given that this game is highly addictive, such an attitude would not be misplaced.

Does Inno really want to start testing which one of these becomes the proverbial straw for various players? ...

If players are addicted, would cutting the smack really matter? Perhaps our dealers don't think so.

Last edited:

Lorendar

It seems that every time you guys go in to "FIX" something, you break more than you fix. Have you ever heard the phrase, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." ? And my breaking point is having no control over your city in regards to whom puts what in your Great Buildings. There should be a way to deny placement of FP's. It literally has affected the way I run MY city.

Last edited:

SpinDrifter

In every game, someone figures out how to cheat. The answer is to first kick those who have mathematically impossible scores (i.e. 17,000 fights in a day !), and the second is to implement the game that's not browser based on ALL platforms. I don't use a tablet of phone to play the game, and never will. I'm past 65 y.o. and I have a huge monitor so I can see, and a mouse so that I don't shakily fat finger over collections and other things.

To slow everyone down sucks. I paid in time and effort to gain CF's in all my worlds, have about 25 recurring quests per day, and the delay is not (yet) a killer - but it does take away from the game. One more reason to stop I suppose. Getting close.

Actually for this particular item I have another solution; allow some number (250 ?) abort clicks per day at normal speed, then slow them down. Or some similar method.

GaKOAK

I'll add my voice to the list of those who are unhappy about the new delay in the RQ, it is very annoying and detracts greatly from what was enjoyable game play.

If this was introduced to reduce or punish those who abuse the RQ with bots, INNO failed badly in their solution. The bot users won't care, it will only reduce their productions by a few percentage points. The ones who it does effect are those who don't use any kind of cheats, the users who do everything the way it is supposed to be done, those are the ones this new change effects the most.

It is very easy to see who the cheaters are by their daily stats, INNO needs to do something about them and leave the rest of us alone before the rest of us decide the avalanche of changes intended to fight the cheats are too much of a burden and we stop playing because it just isn't fun and worth our time anymore.

Meat Butcher

I have seen up to 11k fights in one day.
If you look at that in seconds that is 3 hours of straight fighting. lol
I fight a lot and I definitely cannot keep up with those types of numbers and it seems highly unlikely it can happen without some kind of cheating.

Was not going to even bring it up but after seeing the delay on recurring quests to punish players who worked up their Chateau's to higher levels is absurd.

How about working on the cheating that is clearly going on, and not come up with solutions to delay recurring quests.
Is that not how the Chateau was envisioned to work in the first place ???

SpinDrifter

I'm adding to my prior post; Simple solution - figure out how many clicks a human player could possible do in an hour. Set a limit of 125% over that - once you exceed it - suspend the account for 24 hours. 3rd suspension, kick them out. If the number chosen is somehow hitting legitimate play, then you can always increase it a bit.

BTW - it says I'm a new member - new to the forum yes, playing for over a year.