• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Five Level 2 Celtic Glassworks + Main Building for Free (Strategy)

Loren1979

Here is my plan for maximizing Celtic Glassworks in the current event: 11 cities (including the quick one at the beginning), and a short one at the end. Festival and ship to level 2 on city 1 and 3; level 3 on city 2. All other managers stay at level 1 except for flowers (level 2). If I see that ship and festival at level 2 is taking too long to complete the 11 cities l will adjust festival and ship to level 3 on city 3. My hope is that the time skips from rival challenges will speed things up enough for me to keep both cities 1 and 3 at level 2. According to my calculations this will give me 200+ tasks for the main building and allow me to purchase the full set of chests 7 times. The level 1 glassworks should show up approximately twice allowing me to skip spending gold on chests 4 times when it doesn't. Any thoughts on improvements?

Update 3/6/24: Running all my managers at level 1 going forward, except for Drinks which I keep at 0. I started spending some pots on the second set of chests if the level 1 glassworks is one of the potential rewards. Not opening more than 3 chests on the second set though. I figure 50% chance at 350 pots is worth the investment since it costs a minimum of 1,550 for 2 glassworks per city from the first round of chests. I should still have more than enough tasks to hit 200 since the rival challenges make it possible to complete all the tasks on the active city.

Update 3/17/24: Final result is 10 level 2 Celtic Glassworks. I bought 3,100 pots of gold with diamonds that I had saved up, so this puts me somewhere around 850 pots per Celtic Glasswork level. All in all, I am pleased with the results and am glad I chose this strategy.

Last edited:

Dursland

I can't help but think all the people who get glassworks are going to find that 75% chance at Finish Goods Production is going to be a massive disappointment.

75% in inno terms means nearly every day lol.

I'm not normally one to make negative comments but I would take a second look at the building and make certain you want it.

Sharmon the Impaler

The 25% for the Tapir frags since the event ended ? 6 Flamingos that give a 25% chance at 6 frags and all hit with a BG generated a whopping total of 112 frags lol. Inno's odds are a total rip off and are always slanted towards giving you the garbage option (Alligator swamp things in this case). 20 days since it ended : 20 X 6 (number of flamingos) X 2 (BG) X 6frags =1440 if 100% , 720 if BG never hits , 360 if 25% >>> reality 112 what Inno thinks is 25%. In this game. You should always assume you will get the worst possible odds when assessing the value and that many areas will be rigged against you. eg task = 4 incidents and you will only have 2-3 available , percentages will always be lower , attrition never lower than stated but always higher , colours needed in a mini game not being there many, many times. I avoid any of the % chance buildings when ever possible because you will almost always get the lowest possible value on the return. Inno makes sure of this to keep their fat pudgy pockets full. Welcome to corporate gaming 2024.

Last edited:

WillyTwoShoes

The 25% for the Tapir frags since the event ended ? 6 Flamingos that give a 25% chance at 6 frags and all hit with a BG generated a whopping total of 112 frags lol. Inno's odds are a total rip off and are always slanted towards giving you the garbage option (Alligator swamp things in this case). 20 days since it ended : 20 X 6 (number of flamingos) X 2 (BG) X 6frags =1440 if 100% , 720 if BG never hits , 360 if 25% >>> reality 112 what Inno thinks is 25%. In this game. You should always assume you will get the worst possible odds when assessing the value and that many areas will be rigged against you. eg task = 4 incidents and you will only have 2-3 available , percentages will alway be lower , attrition never lower than stated but always higher , colours needed in a mini game not being there many, many times. I avoid any of the % chance buildings when ever possible because you will almost always get the lowest possible value on the return. Inno makes sure of this to keep their fat pudgy pockets full. Welcome to corporate gaming 2024.
What you said. All of it. ty

Loren1979

I can't help but think all the people who get glassworks are going to find that 75% chance at Finish Goods Production is going to be a massive disappointment.

75% in inno terms means nearly every day lol.

I'm not normally one to make negative comments but I would take a second look at the building and make certain you want it.
The only time I got concerned about weighted odds was when my crows nests didn't produce diamonds for an unusually long time during an event. I had ten of them. I can see the incentive to stack the odds with diamonds more than with fragments.

jaymoney23456

Is the celtic glassworks the optimal event building to chase in this event?
the Apothecary is the one you really want -higher level is better -the main event building is decent too-glassworks does give finish special production fragment chances but not that good-only get once every 4 days on average

jaymoney23456

The 25% for the Tapir frags since the event ended ? 6 Flamingos that give a 25% chance at 6 frags and all hit with a BG generated a whopping total of 112 frags lol. Inno's odds are a total rip off and are always slanted towards giving you the garbage option (Alligator swamp things in this case). 20 days since it ended : 20 X 6 (number of flamingos) X 2 (BG) X 6frags =1440 if 100% , 720 if BG never hits , 360 if 25% >>> reality 112 what Inno thinks is 25%. In this game. You should always assume you will get the worst possible odds when assessing the value and that many areas will be rigged against you. eg task = 4 incidents and you will only have 2-3 available , percentages will always be lower , attrition never lower than stated but always higher , colours needed in a mini game not being there many, many times. I avoid any of the % chance buildings when ever possible because you will almost always get the lowest possible value on the return. Inno makes sure of this to keep their fat pudgy pockets full. Welcome to corporate gaming 2024.
Everyone here knows I am the last one to cheerlead for inno but the idea that the odds are rigged is nonsense. If you do enough battles in GbG the odds are pretty darn close to what they show up as in the wikifandom. If you collect from a building with chances to produce different things the odds match up pretty well if you do enough collections. I think it is just a perception thing to think it doesn't since sometimes you have a streak of poor odds that makes it seem like its rigged.

Sharmon the Impaler

Everyone here knows I am the last one to cheerlead for inno but the idea that the odds are rigged is nonsense. If you do enough battles in GbG the odds are pretty darn close to what they show up as in the wikifandom. If you collect from a building with chances to produce different things the odds match up pretty well if you do enough collections. I think it is just a perception thing to think it doesn't since sometimes you have a streak of poor odds that makes it seem like its rigged.
Good on you , carry on.

Pericles the Lion

75% chance of finish goods fragments instead of finish special. That's often enough to make you mad.
Ya, the finish goods item is pretty much useless. The finish special is very good (which is why I'm planting a huge field of Jester's Stages). To me the Celtic Glassworks is meh.

Loren1979

75% chance of finish goods fragments instead of finish special. That's often enough to make you mad.
I actually prefer the 25% chance with the higher quantity over the lower quantities at higher percent. 8 fragments turns into 16 with BG, which is more than half of the fragments required for the finish production.

Last edited:

Loren1979

Is the celtic glassworks the optimal event building to chase in this event?
Finish special production fragments are very useful since they keep their value even with power creep. You can use them to increase the production of whatever fragment or resource you are prioritizing at the time.

Last edited:

Sharmon the Impaler

Finish special production fragments are very useful since they keep their value even with power creep. You can use them to increase the production of whatever fragment or resource you are prioritizing at the time.
Only use them when you have a Forbidden tower or two planted . >>> Forgotten Temple I meant

Last edited:

Loren1979

I have been completing GE5, but I don't see anything like a forbidden tower in my inventory yet. Why not use it on the Tapir fragments?

jaymoney23456

I actually prefer the 25% chance with the higher quantity over the lower quantities at higher percent. 8 fragments turns into 16 with BG, which is more than half of the fragments required for the finish production.
problem though with that is that you use a lot of BG chances for not much gain because most of the time you don't get the reward you want