• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Foe Very Very Very Very Slow and Laggy on US servers

DeletedUser26965

We need a "Report your lag" section of the forum to go along with this;
Maintenance and Outages

I never have lag on any of all my 25+ worlds (US, International and Beta), then again I don't have 100,000 troops either.

DeletedUser26666

Since yesterday Foe is really laggy, every single action takes time. Anyone else having same issue?
anything on this? on mobile, aiding or putting a point on a gb takes 8 seconds before anything else is possible. can i change to another server?

DeletedUser21599

The response I consistently receive is that you need to use just about ANY Browser EXCEPT Internet Explorer. I have used Internet Explorer since I started over 3 years ago and NEVER had a single problem, Lag, issue of any kind(Other than In-Game Bugs) until the Tavern and all the Profiles were added for all these different achievements.

DeletedUser29539

It doesn't matter what browser I use, Chrome, Firefox, Edge, or even on the android app. They all seem to start out fairly decent though not near as fast as they were a few weeks ago. Then fairly quickly become less and less responsive.
I wonder if it has to do with the new feature of the little easter egg rewards that pop up on around the city, shores and on the water. It seems to have started being slow just about that time.
I have Dell laptop core i7, 8GB RAM, Windows 10, Nvidia mobile GPU, SSD drive with 20GB page file.

I primarily use Chrome and fire fox. So when it started to get really slow I would have to reload the page and eventually completely restart the browser.
Not good when you have a lot of other stuff open on those browsers. So I started using Edge. Same story. But sometimes on a reload it just blips to a blank white page right upon load completion, like Adobe Flash crashed.
When I run it in FireFox I watch the memory for adobe flash and it just climbs and climbs. I saw it go over 1.6GB of ram (I do programming and computer support for work... that 1,600MB is accurate) before I killed it.
Edge seems to wrap the adobe flash so you can't see that it is flash running or it is using it's own flash implementation. But it to get to using a lot of ram.
I think a memory leak was introduced recently in the game. Just my guess with the limited symptoms I see.

DeletedUser26154

It doesn't matter what browser I use,

The more Inno adds to the game, the more it lags.
My first experience with in-game lag worth mention was after the Tavern was installed.
If I have over 2000 military units, my game starts to bog down when I am in combat.
I learned to refresh my browser every time it starts getting laggy.
Takes 15 seconds to reload, then my game is fine until I have to do it again.

images (3).jpg

I refresh about 10 times a day.

DeletedUser

Not good when you have a lot of other stuff open on those browsers.
THIS. The recurring theme that I detect in all the issues about lag/freeze issues is having multiple tabs/windows/browsers running. I never have problems playing my 3 worlds one at a time, on a single open tab, nothing else running. Back when I used to play multiple tabs with a world open on each, I had the same problems occasionally that I see complained about here. Haven't had them since I started going with the one tab open playing style. Seems like there is a trade-off in performance if you have multiple things going at the same time. Makes sense to me. Even computers have a limited capacity for multi-tasking.

DeletedUser30312

Yeah, the lag tends to come and go. It was pretty choppy earlier this year, then stuff got cleaned up and it was running smoother for me for a while. After Inno introduced that freeze "fix" that broke the game for everyone and then started testing Incidents it got choppy again, though doesn't seem as bad as it was.

plinker2

I had the "creeps" with my game as well. I ran malwarebytes (the free version) and found 213 pup's. Had malwarebytes to remove them and now it is MUCH faster. May want to give it a try. It worked for me!

DeletedUser27849

The lag for me is when I GVG mostly, it is soooooooo bad. Also getting those darn internet errors during battle. The answer I got was it is Chrome's fault and use some other browser I have never heard of. HMMMMM sounds fishy to me, what's next I need a chip in my neck.

DeletedUser26660

They always blame Chrome, standard response once they know you have Chrome.

DeletedUser26965

Why is everything contributed to "lag" when it can be a million other things. Diagnose the issue best you can, try to identify the problem specifically not just say "lag" then work with the Beta mods to get things fixed if it's on their end. That's how I did it and aside from that memory leak issue that got fixed I rarely have problems playing this game. Also keep in mind FoE Browser is moving to HTML5 sometime in the first half of 2018 so things will obviously change, some things might get better some things might get messier and will all have to be retested to figure out issues.

DeletedUser26660

Also keep in mind FoE Browser is moving to HTML5 sometime in the first half of 2018 so things will obviously change, some things might get better some things might get messier and will all have to be retested to figure out issues.

Can you elaborate more please on this point if possible, will this affect those of us using say Chrome?

plinker2

That's one reason I have been playing the Beta versoin as well. Just to see what works and to help sort out things that don't.
I use Chrome as well and it doesn't seem to be bothered by lag.

DeletedUser26660

I also use Chrome and don't normally experience any issues but if I do support always say Chrome is to blame if we report anything and they suggest replacing Chrome with other browsers, which I have never done as Chrome in my opinion is a very good browser, better than the edge browser that comes with Windows 10.

DeletedUser26965

Can you elaborate more please on this point if possible, will this affect those of us using say Chrome?
Not much more to say really, you won't have to do anything it's just different than Flash is all, just log in and play like always.

DeletedUser26660

Had to constantly refresh the screen all weekend as freezing up and still doing it today.

DeletedUser26120

Had to constantly refresh the screen all weekend as freezing up and still doing it today.
Try resizing your browser window to unfreeze it, or play in a window with only 1 tab (foe). It's a current bug with flash, not foe.