• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Foe Very Very Very Very Slow and Laggy on US servers

DeletedUser26660

I am doing both of those, refreshing my browser frequently to unfreeze the game.

DeletedUser26120

There's not much else you can do if you've already tried Opera browser.

In first half of 2018 FoE will switch to HTML5 and this will solve the problem, but it takes time to rewrite the code.

We will just have to muddle through until then.

Sol2510us

For Flash issues in Firefox (game freezing etc.) without downgrading to 54.01 (works with latest FF) - type "about:config" in address bar, confirm warning, find "dom.ipc.plugins.asyncdrawing.enabled" and set it to false. I believe it defaults to "true" on browser upgrade/profile reset.
Found on EN FoE forum.

DeletedUser26660

Still freezing up frequently today, seems to do this more every time a new event takes place, plus we have incidents as well...overload maybe?

DeletedUser29956

Something has definitely changed recently. The behavior I'm seeing now is that the game is fine for say... 30 seconds, then pauses for 5 to 10, then fine for 30 seconds, then pauses again. Over and over again. Whether Aiding, using message threads, in combat, or anything else.

DeletedUser26120

Something has definitely changed recently. The behavior I'm seeing now is that the game is fine for say... 30 seconds, then pauses for 5 to 10, then fine for 30 seconds, then pauses again. Over and over again. Whether Aiding, using message threads, in combat, or anything else.
When your game pauses try resizing your browser window, that should unfreeze it.

Alternatively you can play FoE in a separate window with only 1 tab (FoE) - it's a current known bug in Flash that's causing the freezing. Adobe has been notified.

Furthermore Inno is switching from Flash to HTML5 in the first half of 2018 which will also fix this problem, among others.

DeletedUser29956

When your game pauses try resizing your browser window, that should unfreeze it.

Alternatively you can play FoE in a separate window with only 1 tab (FoE) - it's a current known bug in Flash that's causing the freezing. Adobe has been notified.

Furthermore Inno is switching from Flash to HTML5 in the first half of 2018 which will also fix this problem, among others.

This is on mobile - Android, cell phone, latest version. Does the app use Flash? If so, is there any way to perform a similar "jog it back to responsiveness" action with the app?

Thanks!

DeletedUser26120

is there any way to perform a similar "jog it back to responsiveness" action with the app?
Not as far as I know. I haven't used the app lately as I only do so when away from home for extended periods.

DeletedUser

Did you ever look at all of the trackers that are assaulting you when you play this game? FOE is selling you to Advertising dot com, AppNexus, DoubleClickFloodlight, Facebook Pixe..., Google Dynamic Remarketing, MediaMath, Outbrain Pixe..., Google Analytics, Yahoo Analytics, and more.

DeletedUser

Did you ever look at all of the trackers that are assaulting you when you play this game? FOE is selling you to Advertising dot com, AppNexus, DoubleClickFloodlight, Facebook Pixe..., Google Dynamic Remarketing, MediaMath, Outbrain Pixe..., Google Analytics, Yahoo Analytics, and more.
Are you going to repeat this spam post on every thread having to do with game performance issues? :mad:

DeletedUser

People should realize how much FOE sells out to ad trackers. I've gone to great length to block them. They slow things down a lot, let alone the invasion of privacy. You'd think they make enough money selling diamonds.

DeletedUser29956

People should realize how much FOE sells out to ad trackers. I've gone to great length to block them. They slow things down a lot, let alone the invasion of privacy. You'd think they make enough money selling diamonds.

Does that tracking apply when using the app, or only in browser?

DeletedUser26120

Does that tracking apply when using the app, or only in browser?
He's referring to the browser version but I would suspect tracking goes on in the app as well.

Almost every game, website, app, or what have you, has tracking involved. That's how they make money and that's how we play or use it for free.