• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Food for the population

The Lady Redneck

This game is far from easy once you really get in it. If you think that you have not scratched the surface yet. If you come back here in a couple of years (providing you can take the pressure the game will bring you) You will look at this thread and call your self a dumb noob. LOL.

Graviton

After re-reading the DNSL I'm not sure this falls under anything there. But it is a request to fundamentally change the game, in that it adds a brand-new resource. That would change everything. You would need brand-new buildings in each Age to produce Food, and/or you'd have to convert some of the existing buildings away from Supplies and/or Coins. Since everyone will be producing fewer of those two things because we'll need to carve out space to produce Food, that leads to rebalancing everything else in the game: normal buildings; Event buildings; Quests; Event tasks; Campaign Map costs; GB production (does the Chateau boost Food rewards? Do you change an existing GB to boost Food like some boost Supplies and Coins, or introduce a new one?). Does Food increase Happiness or is it a brand-new metric? If it adds to Happiness then all of those buildings and GBs and tasks will need reworked. If its' a new metric, does it affect other things like Happiness does, such as production and military bonuses? I'm sure I'm forgetting a hundred other things.

-1 to fundamentally rehauling overhauling the entire game.

Last edited:
Innogames should implement some kind of system for the citizens to have food in the city, making it that you can trade to get food for your citizens.
Food is an assumed part of the game. look at your city surroundings. you will see lots of birds flying around and deer/rabbits/etc running around. the people have plenty of food available to them. :)

DeletedUser34893

I'm taking about a new resource that should be added to the game.
You admit to being new but disagree with the answers. Take the advice and stop thinking you know what "should" be added to the game.

DeletedUser

I have written nothing wrong
Actually, if you check the Do Not Suggest List for proposals, one of the threads to which he is referring (link in my signature), it clearly states that "New buildings or items" is one of the prohibitions. A new resource (food) would be a new item. Therefore this suggestion is not eligible to go through the proposal process. I will move this thread to the Forge Hall section of the Forum for any further discussion.

Emberguard

Really why you don't like these ideas is because you want the game to stay as easy as possible to you
I’ve played a game that required constant resource replenishment. It only works if the game is designed with that in mind from the start

The only way it’d work for this game is if for every unit you have it costs x coin/supplies per day to keep them. Or if happiness was farmable then for it to be consumed per day to keep up with population

But you can’t collect happiness so it wouldn’t work for it to be consumed. It’d also make no sense to punish players for high population or high amount of units. There’s simply no way of predicting that your perfectly functional city would suddenly have a additional component that sucks all your resources or predicting what you’d need to do to make a functional city prior to such a change

Graviton

Actually, if you check the Do Not Suggest List for proposals, one of the threads to which he is referring (link in my signature), it clearly states that "New buildings or items" is one of the prohibitions. A new resource (food) would be a new item. Therefore this suggestion is not eligible to go through the proposal process. I will move this thread to the Forge Hall section of the Forum for any further discussion.

I would interpret "new item" to be just that: a new building, a new military unit, a new temporary boost, etc. This proposal is for far more than just an item. I'd say the DNSL as written does not cover "new resource or game currency", but it should. My guess is that it's not specifically on the list because they didn't figure anybody would propose reconfiguring the game on such a level.

Freshmeboy

Every once in awhile someone will ask me how my empire is doing..I jokingly reply I'm up to my ears in lawsuits by the EPA due to basalt mine seepage and I'm under threat of strike by the civil servants union over health care and wages. The City Council is in deadlock 90% of the time and hasn't agreed on anything in the last year, Meanwhile, this filibuster is costing me a on the battlefield and the incursion of peasants seeking safety behind the castle walls is choking the city in filth. The black market is rampant and if I don't raise wages for my sanitation engineers this week, they'll strike and the city will rot in garbage. A little plague anyone...?
But that's all in my imagination....the same imagination that allows them to eat, watch TV mow the lawn and buy bicycles for their kids without my needing a building for it...

Algona

Innogames should implement some kind of system for the citizens to have food in the city, making it that you can trade to get food for your citizens.

Or if trading is not good to you maybe use coins to by food from the market. Or both ! Trading for food should exist until the Iron Age, when coins started to be used as a method of payment. From their forward, coins should be used to buy food.

OP seems to want trading Resources.

Could well be a mistake on the OPs pat not understanding or using wrong terminology.

The second post in Proposal Guidelines nay not apply completely because it is vague, but so is the OPs idea.

DeletedUser

I would interpret "new item" to be just that: a new building, a new military unit, a new temporary boost, etc. This proposal is for far more than just an item. I'd say the DNSL as written does not cover "new resource or game currency", but it should. My guess is that it's not specifically on the list because they didn't figure anybody would propose reconfiguring the game on such a level.
I think "new item" covers this perfectly. And consider this line from Proposal Guidelines: "Idea should not change the game to a completely different game, but rather improve what is already part of the game, or present proper addition to the same." Those two lines combined sure seem to indicate that an idea like this is intended by the developers to be prohibited. Since my job here is to make judgement calls, that is my judgement in this particular case. And any more discussion of moderating decisions should be done in a private conversation with the moderator involved (or with a Community Manager), not in a public thread.