• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Forge Bowl 2022 Feedback

Graviton

Seven cities, no diamonds spent, Level 10 in all of them. In a couple of them I ended up with an extra kit. I did have an event box, so in a couple of cities it was necessary but in a couple of others it was not. I'm guessing the difference was footballs from incidents but I didn't keep track.

Johnny B. Goode

contacted Support had them check my logs and was informed that I did indeed have to buy the footballs needed to complete level 10
If they looked at your logs, they were probably stating that with the choices you made you had to buy footballs. Which is undoubtedly what you asked them. What you probably didn't ask them is whether it was your choices that made it necessary, or if better choices would have enabled you to forgo buying the footballs.

Just An Observer

This was a great event to spend Diamonds on for getting Daily Specials. My one miss was not seeing the Sentinel Level 2 show up again after it came up on Day 2. The way this event played out was quite nice.

Wwwoodchuck

Good: I really like the change Daily Special option. Gave me a second chance to go for a special I was interested in each day. Kept me from checking, see nothing I am interested in and closing it for the day.

The 1800 Diamond second row of Specials was nice. Like the Sleigh in the winter event, if there is something you are interested in you can spend. If not, don’t.

Still having the Event Surprise box for the next event is an excellent feature to make the next event building that much easier to get.

Bad: nothing sticks out. It is what I expect it to be.

Overall: Inno RNG is still a killer. I can go 1k footballs with no DS, then log back in later and get one every second or third player. One time a pile of them, an hour later… None. Frustrating for me, but I suppose many like the randomness! I spent Diamonds and was able to stock up on many WP, which I lacked, so a good thing for me. Spent a bit more than I planned, not such a good thing for me, but good thing for Inno. LOL

Ocoda

first time post, but probably last, anyways hearing a lot of complaints on the Forge Bowl awards. My Guild a diamond clan had the majority fail to get to level 10 and the baseless answer to everyone's complaint was that we did not pay enough. we all played everyday I even spent 40 dollars on extra footballs and only reached to level 9. maybe someone that cares can look into this and maybe make something right about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnny B. Goode

There is a strategy to getting the fully upgraded event building in every event. It involves making informed and wise choices. Fulfilling all the event quests is only the foundation. If a player wants the fully upgraded main building, they usually cannot also focus on daily prizes. It's almost always one or the other. You'll still get some daily prizes if you focus on the main building and upgrades, but if you focus on the daily prizes you will almost always fail to get the fully upgraded main building.

To maximize event currency, always collect Incidents whenever possible. It's random, but any event currency found this way will help. Also, when spending the event currency, choose the method that prioritizes progress towards the main building and upgrades. In the case of the Forge Bowl, that would have been choosing the players who gained the most yardage per Football cost. And that would have been the lowest value players, which is counterintuitive. Most players will blindly choose the highest value players, mistakenly thinking that the fact that they gain more yards also means they are the most efficient. Also in the case of the Forge Bowl, choosing the Progress Coach whenever using Footballs would have provided that extra push to get more of the grand prizes, which is where the upgrades were. It also makes it easier if you complete at least enough of each event to get the Event Surprise Box, because it always contains a selection kit for the main building in the subsequent event. That's one less upgrade you have to get during the event.

Every event has a different mechanic, but the main thing is to make the choice between the main event building and the daily prizes.

DevaCat

^ This! Four cities, four level 10s plus a spare kit in each by doing what JBG described.

Forge Bowl is also one of the most straightforward events in terms of getting daily specials and the fully leveled main grand prize building. How? Save your footballs (the more the better) for a day with a daily special you like and select the Ultimate Coach (I save diamonds I earn to use in this event). Select the cheapest players as usual and move across the field. Like Johnny, when I get close to the goal line I use a higher cost player to score if that uses fewer footballs than two cheapest players combined to score the goal. By being stingy with footballs you can clear more fields, getting more grand prize kits along the way. I ignore a player’s individual % chance at a daily special - I rely on the Ultimate Coach and the RNG to deliver while I concentrate on moving cheaply down the field. In one city the RNGodz smiled and I was able to build a max level Olympic Treasury from scratch. In others, Winners Plazas and Sentinel Outposts and upgrades, all nice stuff and all without spending money.

Nothing wrong at all with spending; point is that spending isn’t required to get a max main building and some other goodies in this event. Better luck next year!

Ebeondi Asi

I like the fact clueless players will end up short. and savvy players spending no diamonds can get the whole top building free. It then no longer is a participation trophy reward, it means the player had enough savy to win the top prize.
Does not matter to me ...

Last edited:

FluffyPhoenix

I hate the new claim button instead of being rewarded the prize after getting a touchdown. I completely missed it in one world and can get a level 3 building instead of 10 now.

Kranyar the Mysterious

I hate the new claim button instead of being rewarded the prize after getting a touchdown. I completely missed it in one world and can get a level 3 building instead of 10 now.
All items autocollected when the event ended if you hadn't already claimed them. You wouldn't have lost any items just because you hadn't collected them manually before the event was over.

Where can I get Fiore Village upgrade kits now? I need 2 more upgrade kits. This was my first event and I didn't played it the correct way. Now I know how to do things in next events. But where and how can I buy 2 Fiore Village upgrade kits?

Agent327

Where can I get Fiore Village upgrade kits now? I need 2 more upgrade kits. This was my first event and I didn't played it the correct way. Now I know how to do things in next events. But where and how can I buy 2 Fiore Village upgrade kits?

You can't unless they are offered as a special ingame purchase, but those do not come up often and you'll never know what the offer will be. Best chance you have is that they might appear in next years Forge Bowl Event.