• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Forge Point Cost Reset

DeletedUser6279

My proposal is simply a chance to reset the gold cost of the FP's to Zero.

If this was just a way of obtaining FPs external of the rest of the game, then ordinarily I would say it's your choice to use the option and it should stay as it is.
However some of the Story quests and the seasonal quests have parts where you are forced to buy FP's in order to complete the quest. sometimes 10 or 20 per quest.

So as a balance I would propose that during seasonal quests only, one of the major prizes obtained are gold reset tokens... one to reduce by 25%, one that halves the gold cost, and one that resets to zero. Of course they should be difficult to obtain, but available to all levels of player.

Attachments

• fps.jpg
    fps.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 25

Graviton

Reset to zero? No.

My most advanced city is in OF. My next purchased FP will cost just over 26k. I have 2.2 billion. I don't even pay attention to how much FPs cost. Judging by the screen shot you posted, you're in the same boat: 85k per FP when you're in SAM? That can't be a burden.

EDIT: I will say that I don't buy FPs just for the hell of it. I've never bought one unless it's to fulfill a quest. As with just about every other aspect of this game, impatience will cost you. Seems to be a pretty solid business model, one which I doubt they're going to abandon for FP purchases.

Godly Luke

Please put this into proper format, if not, a mod will move it to the Forge Hall.
Anyways, I have a decent supply of 197.5 mil for being in PE, and it would cost me 47k for my next fp. No thank you, I made my decision.

Last edited:

DeletedUser33179

No. Management of gold-for-fps is meant to be a challenge in the game. One that all players become aware of extremely on (as you point out, it's frequently required in event quests, etc).

quests have parts where you are forced to buy FP's in order to complete the quest

Maybe required? Required to buy fps to complete the quest. Required to collect goods, required to pay supplies, to pay coins, to activate boosts, to defeat armies, to negotiate, to research tech, to acquire a province, and so on. There is a cost to complete any and every quest. Plan your city accordingly.

DeletedUser

@Cellardor :
Proposals need to be in proper format. You can find the proper format in this thread:
https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/proposal-guidelines-read-before-posting.139/
You can change the original post to the proper format using the Edit button. Pending proper format, I am moving this thread to Forge Hall for discussion. If you have questions about this or about why the proper format is needed, you may PM me. You can do this by clicking on my name and going to my profile page and click on "Start a Conversation". I will respond usually within 24 hours.

If/when you put this proposal in proper format, post a message here with my name in this format: @Stephen Longshanks and I will move it back to the Proposals section of the Forum.

DeletedUser

As a player I am not in favor of this. Coins are the easiest resource to accumulate in this game. Early in Bronze Age is the only time that the coin cost of buying Forge Points should be any kind of issue. Just for an example, in my OF city the next FP I purchase will cost just under 320k coins...but I have over 800 million coins. In my Iron Age city, the next FP I purchase will cost 11,000 coins...but I have over 1.6 million. In other words, if buying FP for a quest (which is not all that often, honestly) is an issue, then there is a city problem.

DeletedUser13838

I can buy around 16k fps with my coins. This change would allow me to buy about 20k. So that's 4k free fps. That's like giving me 200k diamonds that can only be used to buy fps.

DeletedUser32328

I'm guessing it's not a city problem, it's a problem with buying FPs for every little thing and then realizing you drove the cost up to uncomfortable levels when you really need to buy them.
Fully agree with this.

DeletedUser13838

I'm guessing it's not a city problem, it's a problem with buying FPs for every little thing and then realizing you drove the cost up to uncomfortable levels when you really need to buy them.
He's right. OP's fp cost in Space Age Mars is 84.5k. That can't possibly be a problem with how ubiquitous coins are in the later ages. What else could he possibly be spending coins on.

DeletedUser31540

I buy coins more often than i should — usually when i run out of 2 fp packs and dont want to break a 10 or 5

I am in lma with 111 Million coins and my next fp purchase with coins will cost me 230k

Im not in trouble yet but i may find myself in deep waters soon enough

— i think that a very rare item that reduces coin cost 1% could be a interesting idea for an item !

This idea has legs !

Agent327

So as a balance I would propose that during seasonal quests only, one of the major prizes obtained are gold reset tokens... one to reduce by 25%, one that halves the gold cost, and one that resets to zero. Of course they should be difficult to obtain, but available to all levels of player.

What balance?

Everybody knows there are quests that require you to buy fp's. Now if you only buy fp's at those moments there is no unbalance. You will have plenty of coins left to buy some fp's for yourself as well. However, if you start spending your coins like crazy, you will create an unbalance. Your problem is that Inno isn't your investor that will bail you out. You screwed up, but there ios an easy solution. Stop spending and build a buffer. I know that can be hard with those pretty fp's begging you to be bought, but it is your only solution.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I disagree. His cost in Space Age Mars is only 84.5k. Mine in OF is almost 320k. I have a city in CE where it's up to 289k. In both of those cities, if I have a "buy FPs" quest, I fulfill it without blinking an eye. If someone is in Space Age Mars and 84.5k coins is too steep a price, it is most definitely a city problem. That far into the game a player should have hundreds of millions of coins, if not into the billions.

Graviton

That far into the game a player should have hundreds of millions of coins, if not into the billions.

It makes more sense to me to assume that he does have a zillion coins and still thinks that price is too high. It's difficult to imagine somebody that far into the game not having a ton of coins, regardless of city setup. Or maybe the high costs of SAM tech that I've heard rumors of have hit him really hard. That's a variable I can't speak to.

DeletedUser30312

-1 from me. No way this won't cause balance problems.

My most advanced city is ME with at least 340 million coins and I think my next FP cost is somewhere between 70-80k. I don't blow my coins on them because I know quest require FP purchases and I don't want to jack the cost up too high. With my huge pile of cash it probably doesn't matter much, but I've never felt the need to spend coin to drop a hundred or so FP on a building. I buy the FPs for quest requirements, to occasionally push event quests or when I need an extra FP for a GB or something.

DeletedUser30312

Or maybe the high costs of SAM tech that I've heard rumors of have hit him really hard. That's a variable I can't speak to.

I took a glance at it and the high costs seem to be in terms of goods and stuff like Orichalcum and Promethium. Some of the techs don't even cost coins.