• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Forge Point Cost Reset

DeletedUser

It makes more sense to me to assume that he does have a zillion coins and still thinks that price is too high. It's difficult to imagine somebody that far into the game not having a ton of coins, regardless of city setup. Or maybe the high costs of SAM tech that I've heard rumors of have hit him really hard. That's a variable I can't speak to.
SAM eats your stocks of coins / supplies.
The complete SAM tech tree takes 250,000,000 coins (250 million). Not insignificant, but less than 1/3 of what I have on hand in my OF city and about 1/4 of what my main CE city has. Supplies I can see being an issue in SAM, but not coins. Unless you've been squandering them, which brings this back to being a city problem and not a price problem.

DeletedUser

wait, you are in iron age and your next FP is 11,000? am I doing something wrong? I'm in LMA and my next FP is 8,150!
Well, I've been playing the game for over four years and one thing I've learned for sure is that there's no reason not to buy FPs with coins if you feel like it, because the coins will keep growing regardless. I don't remember which world it was on, but one time I spent my coins down from over 400 million to under 100 million in one sitting.

qaccy

All the people here saying this idea would mess up game balance have apparently missed what the game's turned into over the past several years. We have the Arc at the forefront, along with a horde of buildings producing free FP and goods, oftentimes alongside coins and/or supplies on a scale unmatched by any normal buildings and yet an item that affects FP purchase price is somehow unbalanced? I don't get it.

Anyway, I think it's a cool idea!

DeletedUser29726

All the people here saying this idea would mess up game balance have apparently missed what the game's turned into over the past several years. We have the Arc at the forefront, along with a horde of buildings producing free FP and goods, oftentimes alongside coins and/or supplies on a scale unmatched by any normal buildings and yet an item that affects FP purchase price is somehow unbalanced? I don't get it.

Well his 'reset to zero' one is completely broken. It'd essentially be 2000+ FP (if a mere 100 million coin was what you had to spend) in a single event win. That'd be an arc-sized screw-up if people were winning those regularly in events. a 25% off one might be insignificant enough to not be an issue.

Algona

Becasue some aspects are broken INNo should break more?

Not only does Arc (good ol' Arc, warps everything it touches) give buckets of FPs, Medal,s BPs, you want to give Arc a new ability: justification for more mistakes?

DeletedUser30312

Coin production is ridiculously easy, and if there's a lot of coins spending in SAM, then good. There's not much to use it on anyway.

Before I leveled to ME, I was doing the Fnord recurring quests 5 times a day. In PE, that's collect 280k coins per quest, and 5 times is 1.4 million coins. There'd still be a good amount of coin left over afterward, but not enough for a 6th, but I estimate a daily coin production of around 1.5 million. I haven't relied on goods production buildings since EMA, and unit recruitment when I took losses were pretty cheap, a tiny fraction of what I was producing. So that leaves what, Unbirthday RQs? So they piled up. When some of these new event buildings are producing 80, 90, 100k coins every 24 hours at PE, there's a lot of money coming into the city.

Salsuero

I'm in LMA and my next FP is 31,100. Since I currently have over 184 million and rising daily, I don't really think this is something that needs fixing. It shouldn't cost more than you can afford unless you're spending them regularly without being asked to. That's a personal choice with a consequence attached... as it should be.

qaccy

@xivarmy The delivery mechanism and magnitude(s) of this proposed reward would certainly be up to Inno would it ever see the light of day. I'm not sure the whole idea should be shot down just because of the 'worst case' scenario of hitting a full reset multiple times from something like a daily event special since something like that is unlikely to be presented in such a way in the first place. It'd likely be a one-off reward from an event quest, with maybe smaller percentage ones being available as random rewards sprinkled throughout events. Or maybe Inno decides that it's such a powerful reward that even a small decrease would be the one-off with no full reset at all. In the end, we wouldn't really be deciding the details, just the general idea.

@Algona I didn't say anything was broken, just that the game's radically shifted over the last few years since events became a regular offering of extremely powerful buildings that put anything found in the tech tree to shame. FP sources have only grown since the game's humble beginnings, yet the one thing that's remained unchanged throughout and essentially unaffected by anything added to the game is the function to buy them with coins. Why not have something that finally does? As mentioned in the other part of my reply above, even if implemented, this idea would probably not be something that's readily available to the point where it becomes the new hotness for (albeit indirect) FP generation.

mamboking053

The cost of those coins would have to be extremely high because being able to reset the gold cost to zero means a player with millions (or billions) of coins can rack up a huge amount of FP, use the coin, and then do it again. Then they can redo this for every event- or however many of these reset coins they manage to obtain.

RazorbackPirate

@xivarmy The delivery mechanism and magnitude(s) of this proposed reward would certainly be up to Inno would it ever see the light of day. I'm not sure the whole idea should be shot down just because of the 'worst case' scenario of hitting a full reset multiple times from something like a daily event special since something like that is unlikely to be presented in such a way in the first place. It'd likely be a one-off reward from an event quest, with maybe smaller percentage ones being available as random rewards sprinkled throughout events. Or maybe Inno decides that it's such a powerful reward that even a small decrease would be the one-off with no full reset at all. In the end, we wouldn't really be deciding the details, just the general idea.
I don't think conceding this would be so powerful it needs to be 'extremely rare' is a valid argument. As soon as you start creating all kinds of Ts & Cs to prevent from ever getting too many of the way overpowered thing, you might as well not create the way overpowered thing.
@Algona I didn't say anything was broken, just that the game's radically shifted over the last few years since events became a regular offering of extremely powerful buildings that put anything found in the tech tree to shame. FP sources have only grown since the game's humble beginnings, yet the one thing that's remained unchanged throughout and essentially unaffected by anything added to the game is the function to buy them with coins. Why not have something that finally does? As mentioned in the other part of my reply above, even if implemented, this idea would probably not be something that's readily available to the point where it becomes the new hotness for (albeit indirect) FP generation.
Which you admit right here doesn't need to be fixed. Coins and FPs are so easy to get, why not make it even easier because the underlying mechanism has never been changed? We get more coins than ever so ... why not?