• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

fountain of youth & wishing well

• Thread starter DeletedUser31092
  • Start date

DeletedUser10720

I've earned a sum total of 258 WWs in my 6 farm towns. I really only collect them and wait for events that offer more. I earn +/- 200 diamonds daily for use in my primary city.

The shrink kit is quite useful in those towns, or at least can appear so. I consider it mediocre at best. Considering you need 3 shrink kits to open enough space to add another well, I figure that for as long as you can actually fit a well, they are sub par. I'll use them when I earn them. But I'm not seeking them out in any of my cities.

I can definitely see the appeal in those that try to balance well counts with actual function and space balance. And it being the first upgrade I can remember that makes a building smaller instead of larger, is a function I hope to see more of in the future with other specials.

I definitely won't object to them being a reward seen in future events over so many other bunk rewards clogging inventory I can't even make use of in farms.

Mustapha00

I would imagine that WW Shrink Kits will be offered, seldom but occasionally, as DC rewards. Their usefulness is in direct proportion to the number you manage to acquire.

DeletedUser15477

I have one active city on East-Nagach it is my diamond farm it has 7 wishing wells, 12 fountains of Youth, and 42 lil wishing wells. I average about 300-400 diamonds a week . I also only go for wishing wells or the shrink kits for the events... Just got 3 wishing wells and 2 shrink kits so far from the soccer event. by using the shrink kits I have saved myself 126 spaces (3 .. spaces per ww x42)...... AND THAT my friends is why you want shrink kits , the Traz the largest of all buildings , takes 70 spaces... and I saved alot more than that....

DeletedUser38659

I consider any 3 squares that I can save to be a blessing. Couple that with reconstruction mode and you might as well shrink em and be grateful that you can. Sometimes I think these debates are started just for the social aspect of having a debate.

dergerch

Since the grave is already open... is there any 'notable' difference between the two?
(other than the name, the design and the ability to shrink the wells but not the fountains, obviously)

Super Catanian

Since the grave is already open... is there any 'notable' difference between the two?
(other than the name, the design and the ability to shrink the wells but not the fountains, obviously)
I read somewhere on the FoE fan Wikia that the Fountain of Youth has a statistically less chance of producing Diamonds when compared to a Wishing Well. However, they are not official statistics, since they are determined by holding thousands of trials. @Algona might be able to fill you in on that one.

DeletedUser37581

I read somewhere on the FoE fan Wikia that the Fountain of Youth has a statistically less chance of producing Diamonds when compared to a Wishing Well. However, they are not official statistics, since they are determined by holding thousands of trials. @Algona might be able to fill you in on that one.
The problem with the fan wiki is that it can be changed by anyone. I'm fairly certain the stats should be the same, however the fan wiki for Wishing Well had the diamond probability changed a while back without any justification.

Algona

You rang? Got it. The Great Diamond Experiment had 30 FoY and 20 WW. I did 10,000 Collections and got 99 Diamond Hits. I'm not statisiticianany enough to say if there is a difference in the drop rate between FoY and WW how that would be reflected in my findings.

Sorry. Someone who savvies statistics wanna take a swing at the question?

Super Catanian

You rang? Got it. The Great Diamond Experiment had 30 FoY and 20 WW. I did 10,000 Collections and got 99 Diamond Hits. I'm not statisiticianany enough to say if there is a difference in the drop rate between FoY and WW how that would be reflected in my findings.

Sorry. Someone who savvies statistics wanna take a swing at the question?
Ah, got it. I must have mistaken the Great Diamond Experiment with something else I read here.