• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Friends list and GBs

cathea

I am still trying to figure out how someone not on my friends list nor in my guild has managed to keep popping contributions on my GBs. My only thought is maybe they had joined and left our guild and I did not see it, or can someone who has sent a friend invite to me make donations until I reject them? Any ideas? Maybe they just changed their name because I do not recognize them.

Ebeondi Asi

A request does not give a player an invite to your GB. They have to be accepted by you.
Once a plaer has even one Fp on yor GB, the can add more anytime no matter what, basically forever!!!! Until you flip that level. Once flipped they againn have to be a Hoodie, Friend or Guild mate to add to you GB.

Xenosaur

Those 1 FP "bottom dwelling" crumbs you get all over your buildings when people share a hood with you every 2 weeks, are beacons for potential activity (be in 1 hour or 1 year....) as @Ebeondi Asi said - until that level is consumated, they have the right to add to that 1 FP position at any time. They may have come and gone from your 2 week hood, or even as a friend/guild member - but they can still pack a potent snipe from that tiny "1 FP" position - if you let them.

Last edited:

Ebeondi Asi

If I have anyone wih a 1 FP posiion I make sure I add that small extra to 'cover' lock against it every time. Plenty of players can make a profit at 1.9 and delight in knocking someone off a position. So those little 'ones' can be dangerous in other ways too.
If you look at the player's Arc who put it on, usually you can spot the sneaky players.. They have an Arc over 80.

Sledgie

I'll go through and add 1 FP to targets GBs before I leave a hood. A lot of other people do too. As others said, this means I can come back to that building later after hood change and snipe it.

Lorendar

And this is why the players that own the GB's should have the power and ability to be able to accept or deny FP contributions from players. Many guilds have contribution groups to help THEIR members level up and collect BP's they need and the snipers disrupt a players right to run their city the way they choose. Leaving that 1 point just makes you a greedy scavenger.

Pericles the Lion

And this is why the players that own the GB's should have the power and ability to be able to accept or deny FP contributions from players. Many guilds have contribution groups to help THEIR members level up and collect BP's they need and the snipers disrupt a players right to run their city the way they choose. Leaving that 1 point just makes you a greedy scavenger.
If you know what you are doing, sniping is 100% preventable which makes the random 1fp contribution a gift and not a threat.

Xenosaur

If you know what you are doing, sniping is 100% preventable which makes the random 1fp contribution a gift and not a threat.
Exactly @Pericles the Lion ! The relationship of the OWNER and the reward slot INVESTORS is analogous to a lock and key situation for each of the 5 reward slots. If the GB owner puts the mathematically EXACT right amount of FP protection on first, any investor (or even a sniper) must put the correct mathematical complementary amount on for a perfect LOCKED fit.

1) Too little or no owner protection, gets any valid 1.9 sniped.
2) Too much owner protection, makes snipers very rich.

Opportunism abounds in this game.

Those that think they can load up all the protection for all 5 slots as a lump sum in the morning before they go to work, and come home 9 hours later to a nicely packaged building that needs a bit more residual owner FP to level it, are sorely mistaken. Sometimes it works like that, but most of the time - it doesn't.

Protection amounts must include consideration for any 1 FP crumbs on the building level if they are present, or else chances are good that someone is going to be sniped.

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

And every bit of that is completely unneeded if I have control of who puts points in my GB's.
The only ways to "have control" over who puts points on your GBs is to (1) have no GBs, (2) disconnect ones you have from a road, or (3) have no unlocked levels on them. Otherwise, you cannot prevent friends, guildies, or neighbors (and occasionally former friends/hoodies/guildies) from adding points if they choose to.

Dominator - X

Young Grasshopper. Have much to learn this one does.

Dominator - X

I am still trying to figure out how someone not on my friends list nor in my guild has managed to keep popping contributions on my GBs. My only thought is maybe they had joined and left our guild and I did not see it, or can someone who has sent a friend invite to me make donations until I reject them? Any ideas? Maybe they just changed their name because I do not recognize them.
You did not mention enemies... I mean neighbors. They also can contribute to your GB's.

Pending FR's do not allow the senders to contribute to GB's.

Changing names and or Avatar's does not limit others on the 3 lists from contributing. So, yes, that is a possibility.

Meat Butcher

I don't think that makes snipers greedy scavengers, it just makes them smart at their craft.
To me, the whole risk of the GB's is what makes it fun and interesting.

This game is run by FP's and who has a large amount will go far.
You can have a city full of event buildings bringing in FPs and you can have FP GB's at a high level bringing in a good amount a well.

However if you are an active sniper you can bring in many more times your city collection just by doing your homework going through the hood and buddy list (If you have it set up correctly)

Your biggest resource is time, if you are willing to put in the time to look then you will do well with GB snipes.

Now there are players that know how to defend against the sniper and that is great, but there are so many more that either do not know, or just do not care.
They are casual players that log in once, twice a day they load up all the FP's they collect on one GB and next time they log in they are hoping spots 1 and 2 were taken. Nothing wrong with that, if that is what makes the game fun for them its all good.

I have found some players that I get huge snipes on and then at some point they became aware of how to actually work the GB's. They might have been a casual player maybe they just joined a good guild that showed them how a 1.9 thread works, and then it all changed for them.

No matter what anytime you put FPs' on a GB its a risk:
1. They may never level it.
2. if you don't check your math you may get jumped. (always double check)
3. you may add at the exact time as someone else and come out on the losing end. That always sux and usually a huge loss in FP's.

As I said before I like the risk of sniping, what fun is it if everything is rainbows and bubblegum ?

blueskydwg

I am always thankful of those who provide me the opportunity to gain fps by taking favorable positions on their GBs :D

I don't think that makes snipers greedy scavengers, it just makes them smart at their craft.
To me, the whole risk of the GB's is what makes it fun and interesting.

This game is run by FP's and who has a large amount will go far.
You can have a city full of event buildings bringing in FPs and you can have FP GB's at a high level bringing in a good amount a well.

However if you are an active sniper you can bring in many more times your city collection just by doing your homework going through the hood and buddy list (If you have it set up correctly)

Your biggest resource is time, if you are willing to put in the time to look then you will do well with GB snipes.

Now there are players that know how to defend against the sniper and that is great, but there are so many more that either do not know, or just do not care.
They are casual players that log in once, twice a day they load up all the FP's they collect on one GB and next time they log in they are hoping spots 1 and 2 were taken. Nothing wrong with that, if that is what makes the game fun for them its all good.

I have found some players that I get huge snipes on and then at some point they became aware of how to actually work the GB's. They might have been a casual player maybe they just joined a good guild that showed them how a 1.9 thread works, and then it all changed for them.

No matter what anytime you put FPs' on a GB its a risk:
1. They may never level it.
2. if you don't check your math you may get jumped. (always double check)
3. you may add at the exact time as someone else and come out on the losing end. That always sux and usually a huge loss in FP's.

As I said before I like the risk of sniping, what fun is it if everything is rainbows and bubblegum ?
Meat-butcher-
Would you be willing to msg me with details on how to get good at sniping? I’m new to guilds and think I would prefer this way rather than just swapping all the time. That’s getting really really boring and repetitive. Thanks if you do it!