• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GBG Battles vs. Negotiations (Top Trader vs. Top Fighter data)

Loren1979

I am looking for some data concerning the difference between fighters and traders; especially with the new GBG:

1. What is the maximum fights for any player for an entire season (average per day would work too) vs. the maximum negotiations for any player?

2. How long does it take to fight 100 battles?

3. How long does it take to complete 50 successful negotiations?

4. How many battles is a top trader able to win in a BGB season?

5. How many negotiations is a top fighter able to complete in a BGB season?

If you are able to provide data to the above points please post a reply.

[Edit] data for negotiations is found on pg 1 of this post; fighter data is found on pg 3.

Last edited:

Loren1979

Just had someone report that he completed approx 100 battles in around 20 minutes, resulting in approx 15 fragments and 60 FPs, as well as 40 diamonds

DeletedUser37581

If I don't have to worry about goods, I can do about 70 successful negotiations an hour. If I have to pick and choose my negotiations so as to not use any previous age goods, it becomes about 30 - 40 successful negotiations an hour, but even with several available targets, I can find myself "locked out" with none of them requiring only current age goods.
That's an odd question, as I personally don't do any battles - I only negotiate.
That depends on the fighter's ability to keep attrition low enough to use auto-battle. With Siege Camps a-plenty, a fighter might be able to do 100 battles in 15 - 20 minutes (or maybe even less time). I've seen cases where a fighter is able to do 60+ advances toward blitzing a province while I only manage 6-10 advances in the same blitz.

Agent327

I am looking for some data concerning the difference between fighters and traders; especially with the new GBG:

1. What is the maximum fights for any player for an entire season (average per day would work too) vs. the maximum negotiations for any player?

5. How many negotiations is a top fighter able to complete in a BGB season?

If you are able to provide data to the above points please post a reply; I will also be posting this as a separate question.

Same answer again

1. Can't be answered Depends on the player.

2. Can't be answered. Depends on how you fight.

3. Can't be answered. Depends on your intelligence

4. Can't be answered. Depends on a trader's fight capacity

5. Can't be answered. Depends on a fighters trade capacity.

Any more threads where you have put this?

Loren1979

Same answer again

1. Can't be answered Depends on the player.

2. Can't be answered. Depends on how you fight.

3. Can't be answered. Depends on your intelligence

4. Can't be answered. Depends on a trader's fight capacity

5. Can't be answered. Depends on a fighters trade capacity.

Any more threads where you have put this?
Yes it can be answered. Read my post again, and don't you or anyone else clutter up this thread with more irrelevant chatter and arrogant negativity please. I am looking for hard data. Somewhere there is a top fighter and somewhere there is a top trader. I want to know what they can do. If they don't happen to read this thread then I want to know what the best trader and the best fighter, who do read the post, can do. To say it another way I want to compare the best with the best. Fill one city with maximum attack boost and fill another one with maximum goods production, put them both on the battleground and see who wins. Who can do the most advances? Who gets the most rewards? How much time does it take? Again, I want hard data. If you don't have the data please don't post here.

Loren1979

If I don't have to worry about goods, I can do about 70 successful negotiations an hour. If I have to pick and choose my negotiations so as to not use any previous age goods, it becomes about 30 - 40 successful negotiations an hour, but even with several available targets, I can find myself "locked out" with none of them requiring only current age goods.

That's an odd question, as I personally don't do any battles - I only negotiate.

That depends on the fighter's ability to keep attrition low enough to use auto-battle. With Siege Camps a-plenty, a fighter might be able to do 100 battles in 15 - 20 minutes (or maybe even less time). I've seen cases where a fighter is able to do 60+ advances toward blitzing a province while I only manage 6-10 advances in the same blitz.
Ok, so you must be a true blue trader. Based on your daily goods production potential, approx how many negotiations are you able to complete in a GBG season?

DeletedUser37581

Ok, so you must be a true blue trader. Based on your daily goods production potential, approx how many negotiations are you able to complete in a GBG season?
As many as I have time for. As long as I target provinces that are requiring only current age goods. Which aren't always available.

I have over 1300 negotiations so far this season with 1d 8h to go. Top attrition reached is 193.

Loren1979

As many as I have time for. As long as I target provinces that are requiring only current age goods. Which aren't always available.

I have over 1300 negotiations so far this season with 1d 8h to go. Top attrition reached is 193.
Ok, so you must have quite a few goods stored up, but eventually those stored goods will be depleted then you will be restricted by you city's daily goods production. According to my rough calculations at 2/3 success rate and 12 goods offers per negotiation it costs over 1000 goods to make 42 advances and reach level 22 attrition (5x negotiation multiplier). What is the maximum current and previous age goods production for your city, and which age/era are you in?

DeletedUser37581

Ok, so you must have quite a few goods stored up, but eventually those stored goods will be depleted then you will be restricted by you city's daily goods production. According to my rough calculations at 2/3 success rate and 12 goods offers per negotiation it costs over 1000 goods to make 42 advances and reach level 22 attrition (5x negotiation multiplier). What is the maximum current and previous age goods production for your city, and which age/era are you in?
It's a tradeoff of time between doing recurring quests to gain goods versus doing negotiations. I have gained in overall goods this season.

DeletedUser37581

What is the maximum rq you can complete per day and which age are you in?
I can do about 4 RQs a minute, but realistically no more than about 200 an hour because of breaks. It isn't uncommon to reach 1000 RQs in a day. I'm not certain what my max is but over 1400. This is my HMA city.

Loren1979

I can do about 4 RQs a minute, but realistically no more than about 200 an hour because of breaks. It isn't uncommon to reach 1000 RQs in a day. I'm not certain what my max is but over 1400. This is my HMA city.
Ok now that is some HARD DATA. That is a good example of the kind of info I am looking for. Would all know-it-all-well-known-forum-trolls please hold their peace?

Last edited:

DeletedUser37581

Ok now that is some HARD DATA. That is the kind of info I am looking for. Would all other know-it-all-well-known-forum-trolls please hold their peace?
But it also must be taken into account that a lot of my negotiations occur with low attrition because of heavy Siege Camp deployment by my guild. That affects goods usage tremendously.

Loren1979

But it also must be taken into account that a lot of my negotiations occur with low attrition because of heavy Siege Camp deployment by my guild. That affects goods usage tremendously.
Ok, but I can work with the numbers you gave me. ...Give me a second. ...(several seconds later) ...If my arithmetic is correct, at level 80 CF, it would take an average of 93 RQ to produce 1000 goods so in 1 hr you should be able to produce 2,000 goods (I assume you have your CF leveled up to around 150 and are doing the unbirthday rq). Leaving the siege advantage out of the picture (calculating 1 attrition level per successful negotiation or battle) we can calculate GBG advance potential per hour. We can calculate approx how much time it will take to produce the goods and the approx amount of time to complete the negotiations. Do we have a top fighter reading this post who can give us some numbers?

Last edited:

Loren1979

Another question I could ask here: If you take a quick look at the member activity on your leader-board, how does your negotiation advancement compare to the advancement of the top fighter in your guild? (I know this does not take into consideration siege camp efficiency, but over time you should be able to see a pattern. Are you always/usually at the top of the list or are the fighters placing higher than you are?)

Algona

don't you or anyone else clutter up this thread with more irrelevant chatter and arrogant negativity please.

Friendly drive by advice from a forum vet. Don't go there. Nothing positive can result from you trying to tell the denizens of this forum how to post.

Prolly including me giving this advice. :D

Good luck!

DeletedUser37581

Another question I could ask here: If you take a quick look at the member activity on your leader-board, how does your negotiation advancement compare to the advancement of the top fighter in your guild? (I know this does not take into consideration siege camp efficiency, but over time you should be able to see a pattern. Are you always/usually at the top of the list or are the fighters placing higher than you are?)
I'm always at the top, but that answer doesn't do justice to the question. For instance, Siege Camps are mostly used in the hours after reset. So the people who aren't around during those hours don't get the benefit. Of the top ten, there are only two other people who gain most of their advancements from negotiations, but only 1 who gains the entirety of his advancements from fighting.

Loren1979

Friendly drive by advice from a forum vet. Don't go there. Nothing positive can result from you trying to tell the denizens of this forum how to post.

Prolly including me giving this advice. :D

Good luck!
I don't care how long a member has been around there is no excuse for being a forum bully. People like me come here to get our questions answered, find helpful information, and develop ideas and strategies. Those who are interested in inflating their own egos by shooting down newcomer questions and insights need to be held accountable and reprimanded by forum moderators, regardless of how long they have been around. Take an example from dontwannaname; he is giving me some of the exact info that I came here looking for. If it would have been left up to Agent327 and others like him my post would have been hijacked, my question would have been unanswered, and my city strategy would have remained undeveloped. That should always be unacceptable on a forum where the goal is to build up the community and provide helpful solutions and answers.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Negotiating will always take longer, even for someone with unlimited goods, than battling for a player with top notch attack boosts. The fighter will be able to auto battle most, if not all, fights. The negotiator will have to go through the whole process each time. The vast majority of negotiations will take at least 3 tries. And if the negotiator is bound by the no-Diamonds restriction that you mentioned in the other thread, that means any negotiation not completed in 3 tries will have to be started over from scratch. There's no way they could keep up with a top notch fighter. I'd be willing to bet you could auto battle multiple times for each successful negotiation. All this assuming the fighter has extremely high attack boost with other help from GBs like the Kraken, and the negotiator has basically unlimited goods.

DeletedUser40546

All based on the aspect of which each player specifically, personally designed their City to fit their need.