• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GBG Battles vs. Negotiations (Top Trader vs. Top Fighter data)

Loren1979

That still is not baseline, as lag can play a part. You'd have to measure latency as well. If one really good fighter has a lot of lag, then it will take them longer to do their 100 advances than one who has less lag. That difference only gets bigger the more advances you do.
So do it 10 times with 10 different fighters and 10 different negotiators, or have the same person do both using the same device. The comments that I have liked are comments that have been beneficial. I'll even include your comment as one of the beneficial ones, because you brought up the idea of using the SC and because you brought up the idea of communicating with top players directly.

Loren1979

This is where my concern lies. There is no strategy that fits your guild, there are only strategies that fit your guild members, individually.
A guild with very active trade threads or players from different levels who synchronize their goods could tip the scales towards negotiations, where a guild that doesn't, might make attack more efficient for the player. As in my case he may want to continue with a particular guild for other reasons.
All well and good, but useless information overall. Regardless of the math, my game will progress the way it does. I fight or negotiate as it suits my needs, not as it suits the guild's needs. Tell me I have to negotiate when I want to fight, or fight when I want to negotiate, you'll likely get neither. I'll just bail, let the province be won or lost without me, and come back later when I can play my game, my way. You'd do well to factor my zeros into your equation.
Useless to you perhaps, but not useless to me. Remember, I'm the one who asked the questions. I have reasons for doing so.

Last edited:

RazorbackPirate

A guild where with very active trade threads or players from different levels who synchronize their goods could tip the scales towards negotiations, where a guild that doesn't, might make attack more efficient for the player. As in my case he may want to continue with a particular guild for other reasons.
So guild members either comply with the result of your math or they're free to bounce to another guild? That's what you're saying here?

Loren1979

So guild members either comply with the result of your math or they're free to bounce to another guild? That's what you're saying here?
I better understand your concern now, and it is a valid concern, but, no, that is not even remotely what I am saying here.

Last edited:

Loren1979

Just a reminder to everyone already on this post as well as anyone else who comes on here: We are already aware and have been hitherto sufficiently informed as to the variable nature of FOE. No need to continue posting what we already know. If you have answers to the OP please feel free to post those numbers here. If you do not have answers or do not think the questions are answerable, mosey on and ignore this post; it will eventually disappear. You are free to create your own post where you may discuss the variable and mysteriously unobservable aspects of the game to your hearts content. Again, I am looking for player data and statistics preferably from those who consider themselves to be among the top fighters or top traders of FOE.

plinker2

If you want to delete any of your replies here as well, you certainly have that right. Not sure why you feel you'd need our permission to do so.
Ok, I am trying to be very understanding here. Either stay ON TOPIC, and try to get along or I will start giving warning points. That starts NOW!!

UBERhelp1

Again, I am looking for player data and statistics preferably from those who consider themselves to be among the top fighters or top traders of FOE.
IK this season isn't yet over, but as of right now in one of my guilds, 4530 fights and 2210 negotiations were done, which gives a ratio of 4530:4420 of advances per strategy. The two are almost equal, with fighting being up only by about 1% of total advances. This was in a platinum battleground. The fact that the two are almost the same in terms of advances is actually quite interesting; from this it seems the two are equally viable and basically you should choose whichever fits your playstyle the best.

Agent327

Just a reminder to everyone already on this post as well as anyone else who comes on here: We are already aware and have been hitherto sufficiently informed as to the variable nature of FOE. No need to continue posting what we already know. If you have answers to the OP please feel free to post those numbers here. If you do not have answers or do not think the questions are answerable, mosey on and ignore this post; it will eventually disappear. You are free to create your own post where you may discuss the variable and mysteriously unobservable aspects of the game to your hearts content. Again, I am looking for player data and statistics preferably from those who consider themselves to be among the top fighters or top traders of FOE.

You do not own this thread. This is a free forum, where people are free to post. It is not up to you to decide what they can post, but since you want numbers, I'll indulge you.

This forum has 34.154 members. Number of active members isn't given, but most likely it will be way less than 100.

The US Server Stats

Active Players 175,799
Active Fighters 104,865
Players above 1,000,000 pts 171,826
Players above 100,000 pts 413,104
Players above 5,000 pts 850,607
Players above 10,000 fights 17,892
Players above 1,000 fights 176,814
Players above 100 fights 522,126
Players without a Guild 278,417
Inactive Players 668,216

So over 100.000 active players, which is a bit more than on this forum
Nobody keeps track of trades or negotiations, so no data there.

Top 10 players overall

Meat Butcherus5876,883,352
formerFOEplayerus2715,680,409
rhans405us2700,005,534
oooTooous7685,094,124
PvtParteeus7681,713,382
DaiShanus1674,581,808
lbradaus10667,510,519
colosius17663,539,387
Dylan777us5644,217,023
donjwolffeus2630,756,625

Top Player for 02-16-2020 is entropy 1 from us17 with 743.32% points increase.

Top Fighter for 02-16-2020 is firebird19881 from us7 with 2,097 battles.

Highest levels Frontenac

us2
addon_portrait_id_alisontn.jpg
LacLongQuan
Progressive Era
X_ProgressiveEra_Landmark2tn.png
Château Frontenac1845762,48262,425
us3
portrait_id_80tn.jpg
khq4572
Progressive Era
Château Frontenac1831,46960,95859,489
us23
addon_portrait_id_soccer_commentatortn.jpg
General Goods Merchant
Progressive Era
Château Frontenac1707144,22144,150
us4
addon_portrait_id_janetn.jpg
NeutralFool
Progressive Era
Château Frontenac1671141,06341,052
us16
addon_portrait_id_jeofftn.jpg
Amaduez
Progressive Era
Château Frontenac16119,45235,40915,957
us5
portrait_id_168tn.jpg
Meat Butcher
Progressive Era
Château Frontenac15588430,53329,649
us3
portrait_id_10tn.jpg
radoslav1234
Progressive Era
Château Frontenac154029,78829,788
us16
portrait_id_80tn.jpg
Sabes
Progressive Era
Château Frontenac14724,37725,060683
us13
addon_portrait_id_death_druidtn.jpg
Dolly Dangereuse
Progressive Era
Château Frontenac1446,09023,27117,181
us17
portrait_id_170tn.jpg
shroomy01
Progressive Era
Château Frontenac1447,05223,27116,219

Now that should keep you busy.

Happy hunting!

Loren1979

You do not own this thread. This is a free forum, where people are free to post. It is not up to you to decide what they can post,
It is true that I do not own this thread or have control over it; it is also true that this is a free forum, where people are free to post. On this much we agree. Where we may differ is this: I did create the title and the OP, so in a very real sense I created the topic for discussion here. No-one is obligated to post and if they don't like the topic they are free to find one that they like. If this topic shows up in a search and/or someone clicks on this topic they most likely will be expecting some interesting and helpful player data from or about top fighters and top traders. Whether they find what they thought they would find or whether they find it to be a waste of time and go elsewhere looking for what they need depends on us, how willing we are to give due diligence to the subject, and how well we stay on topic. While it is not up to me to decide what people can post, I am free to decide what topic I will create; from there, forum rules, moderators, and sensible forum etiquette should dictate how disparaging commentors may be and how far people may stray from that topic. Again, the topic for discussion here is actual player data, numbers they have observed, clearly defined in the OP, and explained and defended throughout the thread. So far in the thread we have some very helpful player data from several accomplished traders. I am still looking for numbers from top fighters.
since you want numbers, I'll indulge you.
Thank you, although these are not the numbers I was looking for in the OP, they are interesting and helpful. It is beneficial to know what the maximum CF level is currently.

The Lady Redneck

@Agent327 THANK YOU indeed for your above post. Not for the stats in them as stats are math and that is a four lettered word. . But for the names I see there. Some are players that are still on my FL in different worlds, but more importantly some are in worlds I have not played in for a while and it is great to see they are still around and active in the game. As back when I first started they are the guys who helped and mentored me and what I learned from them is why I am still playing. So Cheers sir :)

Agent327

It is true that I do not own this thread or have control over it; it is also true that this is a free forum, where people are free to post. On this much we agree. Where we may differ is this: I did create the title and the OP, so in a very real sense I created the topic for discussion here. No-one is obligated to post and if they don't like the topic they are free to find one that they like.

If this topic shows up in a search and/or someone clicks on this topic they most likely will be expecting some interesting and helpful player data from or about top fighters and top traders. Whether they find what they thought they would find or whether they find it to be a waste of time and go elsewhere looking for what they need depends on us, how willing we are to give due diligence to the subject, and how well we stay on topic.

While it is not up to me to decide what people can post, I am free to decide what topic I will create; from there, forum rules, moderators, and sensible forum etiquette should dictate how disparaging commentors may be and how far people may stray from that topic.

Again, the topic for discussion here is actual player data, numbers they have observed, clearly defined in the OP, and explained and defended throughout the thread. So far in the thread we have some very helpful player data from several accomplished traders. I am still looking for numbers from top fighters.

I showed you where to get them, but I already noticed you go about data in a very strange way. You have had some player data, but where is the proof it is from what you label as "accomplished traders"? What does make someone an "accomlished trader" and is that "accomplihed trader" the top trader you are looking for?

Thank you, although these are not the numbers I was looking for in the OP, they are interesting and helpful. It is beneficial to know what the maximum CF level is currently.

These numbers show you where you can get the numbers you want. Now it is up to you to get them. Do not even expect you to share them, since this is your secret project..

Loren1979

You have had some player data, but where is the proof it is from what you label as "accomplished traders"? What does make someone an "accomlished trader" and is that "accomplihed trader" the top trader you are looking for?
I would consider someone who commonly completes around 1000 rqs per day and can do 70 successful negotiations an hour, average 130 negotiations per day, and attain an attrition level of 193, an accomplished trader, at the very least an accomplished negotiator, if someone wants to get technical. If you or someone else has higher or more precise numbers than dontwannaname please feel free to post them here, but I can work with the numbers that he provided.
Do not even expect you to share them, since this is your secret project..
I am planning to post the results here as soon as I find the time to finish gathering the info and assemble it.

Agent327

I would consider someone who commonly completes around 1000 rqs per day and can do 70 successful negotiations an hour, average 130 negotiations per day, and attain an attrition level of 193, an accomplished trader, at the very least an accomplished negotiator, if someone wants to get technical. If you or someone else has higher or more precise numbers than dontwannaname please feel free to post them here, but I can work with the numbers that he provided.

OK. Just thought you wanted the "top", since you keep mentioning that.

Loren1979

So after checking with some top fighters, here are some numbers:

1. Top attack boost = 1850/575

2. Top attrition level = 130 -140 (attack penalty 6000%)

3. Can auto-battle without looking for reset battles up to attrition level 40

4. After level 40 starts looking for the easier battles to avoid losing units, but does not battle manually.

If we figure approximately 10 seconds per battle for the first 40 battles (this allows time for holding back a unit for the first round before hitting auto) and an extra 10 seconds per battle from level 40 to 100 we come up with a conservative figure of just under 27 minutes to fight 100 battles. Siege camp support is not relevant to this comparison so it is not included in these numbers. Everyone is welcome to take a look at these numbers and let us know if they can come up with a more precise time duration for fighting 100 battles with this kind of attack boost. I would like to stay on the conservative side of the end result.

Agent327

So after checking with some top fighters, here are some numbers:

1. Top attack boost = 1850/575

2. Top attrition level = 130 -140 (attack penalty 6000%)

3. Can auto-battle without looking for reset battles up to attrition level 40

4. After level 40 starts looking for the easier battles to avoid losing units, but does not battle manually.

If we figure approximately 10 seconds per battle for the first 40 battles (this allows time for holding back a unit for the first round before hitting auto) and an extra 10 seconds per battle from level 40 to 100 we come up with a conservative figure of just under 27 minutes to fight 100 battles. Siege camp support is not relevant to this comparison so it is not included in these numbers. Everyone is welcome to take a look at these numbers and let us know if they can come up with a more precise time duration for fighting 100 battles with this kind of attack boost. I would like to stay on the conservative side of the end result.

Great results!

You do know these were already known and mentioned on this forum?