• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GbG ranking system

honey55

I guess I'm to slow but i spend more than half an hour to burn my attrition. If racing im faster and lose more units but even being on at start up in atop guild it takes me more than half an hour and i normally have attrition left for later in the day. I can't go as high as some can but higher than others. I usually stop around 110 to 115. Its plenty of time for me as there's other things to do in game especially when events are running. Maybe cause I'm mobile and don't have a helper to speed things along like those on laptops, like help in events, arranging the city, donating to gbs, etc... Than of course since I'm mobile there are ads to watch too get what laptop players get automatically. Glad to have some time left for real life.

Angry.Blanket

I guess I'm to slow but i spend more than half an hour to burn my attrition. If racing im faster and lose more units but even being on at start up in atop guild it takes me more than half an hour and i normally have attrition left for later in the day. I can't go as high as some can but higher than others. I usually stop around 110 to 115. Its plenty of time for me as there's other things to do in game especially when events are running. Maybe cause I'm mobile and don't have a helper to speed things along like those on laptops, like help in events, arranging the city, donating to gbs, etc... Than of course since I'm mobile there are ads to watch too get what laptop players get automatically. Glad to have some time left for real life.
What else is there to do in the game. Everything else to do in the game is just a chore so I can can buildy my city for GvG and GbG.
With no GvG and only 20 - 30 minutes per day GbG I can justify spending the time to do events nor growing my city.

Ebeondi Asi

What else is there to do in the game. Everything else to do in the game is just a chore so I can can buildy my city for GvG and GbG.
With no GvG and only 20 - 30 minutes per day GbG I can justify spending the time to do events nor growing my city.
If you find it all to be a chore, maybe you need some other thing to do besides play Foe?

NoDak63

I think the #1 ranked Guild should be placed with the number 2-8 ranked Guilds. Then the Number 9-16 ranked Guilds be placed together and continue that all the way down. This would make it fair for all the Guilds and also allow the lower top Guilds a shot at some of the benefits of winning a championship. It would also provide a ladder for the Guilds to climb up. Example: when Guild #17 wins enough to rank up to 16, they would then face the next 7 Guilds and it would provide an incentive to work hard to remain in this group and even rank up more. This would also provide a real challenge to the top 8 Guilds to remain in their position. The #1 ranked Guild would have to keep working extremely hard to maintain their position. I think this would make it fair for EVERYONE, it would give Guilds ranked in the 100's and below an incentive to fight and everyone would get more fights. In short....it would level the playing field!!!

Angry.Blanket

I think the #1 ranked Guild should be placed with the number 2-8 ranked Guilds. Then the Number 9-16 ranked Guilds be placed together and continue that all the way down. This would make it fair for all the Guilds and also allow the lower top Guilds a shot at some of the benefits of winning a championship. It would also provide a ladder for the Guilds to climb up. Example: when Guild #17 wins enough to rank up to 16, they would then face the next 7 Guilds and it would provide an incentive to work hard to remain in this group and even rank up more. This would also provide a real challenge to the top 8 Guilds to remain in their position. The #1 ranked Guild would have to keep working extremely hard to maintain their position. I think this would make it fair for EVERYONE, it would give Guilds ranked in the 100's and below an incentive to fight and everyone would get more fights. In short....it would level the playing field!!!
How is that fair to the number 2-8 guild, they would never get to win.

honey55

I enjoy most events. I enjoy the strategy needed to do well in events but get annoyed at the luck aspect. I enjoy ge and i enjoy working with my guild to win gbg. I enjoyed foe before gbg existed. I enjoyed the satisfaction of being able to build a good city even if i couldn't spend money on the game. I actually found enjoyment in being able to get where i am without having others take unfair trades. I know now we help everyone get the treasury gbs by taking unfair trades but I've only done it once to get the Traz back when i played gvg and a leader surprised me by offering. I find enjoyment in learning to play in a way where i use strategy to get where i get. I played by myself a long time and also in a guild where nothing was required before trying lots of guilds. Now i enjoy being in a guild that really just embraces any changes such as ge5 and gbg and helps its members adjust to the changes and reach their best potential. Because of the encouragement of leadership we were able to reach 120% last week in ge. Lots can now do all 80. We're rising to the challenge. I enjoy that. I wasn't too happy with ge5 when it came out, but I'm glad now i decided to take a chance changing my city by adding blue boosts. Being able to fight all of ge5 brings me satisfaction. Pretty sure I'd still play foe if gbg was removed but I'd miss it. That is not to say i don't agree that some things are a chore such as raising gbs or aiding or even fighting my continent map fights to get special goods or collecting from my colony. Something is probably wrong with me because I enjoyed foe back when i had to enter cities to aid and find gbs to donate to to get the bps needed for such gbs as the traz, back when there were no 1.9 threads and raising gbs to 10 was plenty. Come to think of it maybe just raising them to 10 would make the game more enjoyable, but now we NEED to raise them higher.

Johnny B. Goode

I play to have fun also But GbG and GvG are still the only reason to build a city, the city serves no purpose with out GbG GvG.
This is a silly comment. Then what purpose do GBG and GvG have? One merely provides resources for your city, and the other provides nothing. Providing resources for your city makes it kind of a circular thing between your city and GBG, doesn't it? GBG only has a purpose as far as it supports your city, and your city only has a purpose as far as it supports your efforts in GBG. At least, that's what your philosophy means when you boil it down.

Angry.Blanket

This is a silly comment. Then what purpose do GBG and GvG have? One merely provides resources for your city, and the other provides nothing. Providing resources for your city makes it kind of a circular thing between your city and GBG, doesn't it? GBG only has a purpose as far as it supports your city, and your city only has a purpose as far as it supports your efforts in GBG. At least, that's what your philosophy means when you boil it down.
No the purpose of GbG is to win, It would be perfect if they removed the rewards entirely and made it like GvG and stopped the farming,

Pericles the Lion

We're well into the 5th GBG season of the first Championship. Is the ranking system not doing what it is supposed to do? That being determining a single Champion. Is anyone playing on a world where the Guild currently ranked #1 is not the most dominant GBG guild on that world? I play on five worlds. On each one, the top ranked Guild is, without a doubt, the most powerful GBG guild - and has been for many months.

Angry.Blanket

We're well into the 5th GBG season of the first Championship. Is the ranking system not doing what it is supposed to do? That being determining a single Champion. Is anyone playing on a world where the Guild currently ranked #1 is not the most dominant GBG guild on that world? I play on five worlds. On each one, the top ranked Guild is, without a doubt, the most powerful GBG guild - and has been for many months.
We have been the #2 GbG guild for more than a year, we are ranked #8 now.

Pericles the Lion

We have been the #2 GbG guild for more than a year, we are ranked #8 now.
Interesting. By way of comparison, the Guild on my main world consistently ranked #8-#10 before the GBG change and is now ranked #2 (which is where we will most likely finish). I think that the reason for our experiences is that the old Guild ranking was biased in the favor of Guilds that had a presence in GvG. My Guild is a powerhouse in GBG but has a very low level participation in GvG. Hence, we ranked behind guilds that we could easily handle on the GBG battlefield because they (like your Guild I assume) were very active in GvG. The new ranking takes only GBG into consideration.

Angry.Blanket

Interesting. By way of comparison, the Guild on my main world consistently ranked #8-#10 before the GBG change and is now ranked #2 (which is where we will most likely finish). I think that the reason for our experiences is that the old Guild ranking was biased in the favor of Guilds that had a presence in GvG. My Guild is a powerhouse in GBG but has a very low level participation in GvG. Hence, we ranked behind guilds that we could easily handle on the GBG battlefield because they (like your Guild I assume) were very active in GvG. The new ranking takes only GBG into consideration.
We were only top 10 in GvG, solid #2 GbG guild we could beat the #1 GbG occasionally.

Ebeondi Asi

I feel the 'greed' involved is an individual thing. Some players are greedy for things, some due to ambition... some want to be the best at whatever they do. If a game ( Or Guild) allows them all to co-exist, then it is doing a good job.

Angry.Blanket

I feel the 'greed' involved is an individual thing. Some players are greedy for things, some due to ambition... some want to be the best at whatever they do. If a game ( Or Guild) allows them all to co-exist, then it is doing a good job.
To me greed is when you play for yourself, and not the team.