• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GbG ranking system

Coach Zuck

Give it time. It will work out.
We're 3 seasons in, if you think it'll take a 4th match for the RNG to cause the rankings to "work out" (which I'm interpreting as "relatively accurately representing the strength of most of the top 10 or so guilds, at least") then that means they'll only have "worked out" for two matches, the 5th and 6th, making it not "work out" 2/3rds of the time since they then reset after the 6th match. "Working out" 1/3rd of the time still doesn't "work" on a different level. It lacks integrity.

coolmite

Nope. all you impatient types.. I should have written a year for it to really work it way out to be fair and true showing of Guilds. I ready to wait a year... No problem.
If I thought it would work out in a year, I might be okay. But how is it going to work out in a year? Guilds in low diamond are still going to be picking up wins at a rate that guilds in high diamond can't match (except for the top 2-3 guilds that beat everyone in high diamond)

Angry.Blanket

Nope. all you impatient types.. I should have written a year for it to really work it way out to be fair and true showing of Guilds. I ready to wait a year... No problem.
What will happen in a year,? What is going to change? What is the "fair and true" showing of the guilds today? A year from now will be totally different than today, the #3 guild today may not even exist a year from now. Waiting a year for a daily ranking is a bit odd isnt it?

coolmite

What will happen in a year,? What is going to change? What is the "fair and true" showing of the guilds today? A year from now will be totally different than today, the #3 guild today may not even exist a year from now. Waiting a year for a daily ranking is a bit odd isnt it?
"daily ranking"... ha - they are only recalculated every 2 weeks. I hope you like where you are right now.

Niikilou

If I thought it would work out in a year, I might be okay. But how is it going to work out in a year? Guilds in low diamond are still going to be picking up wins at a rate that guilds in high diamond can't match (except for the top 2-3 guilds that beat everyone in high diamond)
exactly.!!!

Ebeondi Asi

If you don't like it in a year come back and complain some more . i am just certain you complaint will be attended to as quickly as it is getting taken care of now.

Be Chuille

If you don't like it in a year come back and complain some more . i am just certain you complaint will be attended to as quickly as it is getting taken care of now.
It will be no different in a year.
Every 6 seasons the ranking resets and starts from zero again.

coolmite

For the first hour in my world, this is what the VP gain looks like for the top 21 guilds. The 6th ranked guild didn't even take a sector in high diamond.
Guild 8 - 7,517
Guild 1 - 5,048
Guild 3 - 4,559
Guild 21 - 4,448
Guild 4 - 2,986
Guild 2 - 2,799
Guild 5 - 2,131
Guild 20 - 1,716
Guild 18 - 855
Guild 9 - 472
Guild 7 - 220
Guild 11 - 176
Guild 6 - 0
Guild 10 - 0
Guild 12 - 0
Guild 13 - 0
Guild 14 - 0
Guild 15 - 0
Guild 16 - 0
Guild 17 - 0
Guild 19 - 0

I wish I would have grabbed the VP for all of the 1000LP guilds, but I didn't think about it.

WillyTwoShoes

The only reason I really care is recruiting. Nobody looks at the 21st ranked guild on the server and things "that is the place I really want to go". Also, our team is getting demoralized. We are truly the 5th best GbG guild on the server, but there is no path for that be reflected with the current ranking system.
This caught my eye because it brings up an interesting point about guild recruitment. Forgive me here for speculating but I'm guessing your in a guild that has a list of "Must have xxx - Be working on XXX - Be in Age XXX or higher" requirements to have an application considered.

Lemme just throw this out there for all the top Diamond Level Guilds-

Instead of feeding off the declining number of established foe players and the small percentage of those that enjoy GBG maybe you could direct your recruiting efforts at elevating the new players joining the game?

Pericles the Lion

This caught my eye because it brings up an interesting point about guild recruitment. Forgive me here for speculating but I'm guessing your in a guild that has a list of "Must have xxx - Be working on XXX - Be in Age XXX or higher" requirements to have an application considered.

Lemme just throw this out there for all the top Diamond Level Guilds-

Instead of feeding off the declining number of established foe players and the small percentage of those that enjoy GBG maybe you could direct your recruiting efforts at elevating the new players joining the game?
The Top Guilds do not have problems recruiting. For the most part, being selective is how they became, and remain, Top Guilds.

xivarmy

The main thing in a year is people are probably more likely to compare who's actually won how many seasons rather than who's placed ahead of who but never going to win in the current one. People will be used to the first couple of rounds being temporary. And that being 10th instead of 20th means nothing - it doesn't stick around, it doesn't get you closer to a tower of champions if your wins are coming from lower leagues.

Which isn't to say there aren't flaws in the ranking. There are (including at least one massive one if some folks just want to thumb their nose at the top guild and deny them a "won championship" without ever fighting a round in 1000-diamond). And maybe they'll get changed at some point. I don't think they're done messing with GBG yet, as there's still the "what are they going to use blue stats for?" question open - and they've done everything short of promising that's coming with ominous "soon" graphics ;)

Ebeondi Asi

Different Guilds are all different. Each one is run by (I believe? ;) ) Human beings. With different personalities and needs. Different ways of thinking. Recruiting may also be different. Yes the top Guilds all want fighters. but the Ages, and what the recruits have already accomplished may vastly differ. One way to see that is accumulated ranking points in the Guild lists. Some top Guilds have mostly billion plus point players, with no one below a hundred million. Then some with dozens of players ranging from a few million and many below fifty million. Only a few players at high points, Yet they are at the top of the chart.
So a lot is about Guild leader style and capability in finding great players (of any level of experience)

Big-Bendz

I'm new posting to this chat, but I've been playing a long time on 3 worlds (lowest is 3 years, longest 9+ years). I've been in large guilds that were run ineptly and never accomplished much. I've also been in small guilds (less than 20 guildies) that totally destroyed the 80 person top 5 guilds in GvG. Mayhem anyone?? If you have 10-15 top quality fighters, you can beat off the 80 person guilds that are adequate but not aggressive. I've also been in guilds with 50+ members who don't even have a requirement for fighting that have taken 1st place on diamond level. So if you want top ranking, create a guild on 15 peeps that have the ability and desire for many fights and you can take 1st or 2nd many times. But don't look for excuses why you're not. Do it or don't do it. Plain and simple.

Be Chuille

I'm new posting to this chat, but I've been playing a long time on 3 worlds (lowest is 3 years, longest 9+ years). I've been in large guilds that were run ineptly and never accomplished much. I've also been in small guilds (less than 20 guildies) that totally destroyed the 80 person top 5 guilds in GvG. Mayhem anyone?? If you have 10-15 top quality fighters, you can beat off the 80 person guilds that are adequate but not aggressive. I've also been in guilds with 50+ members who don't even have a requirement for fighting that have taken 1st place on diamond level. So if you want top ranking, create a guild on 15 peeps that have the ability and desire for many fights and you can take 1st or 2nd many times. But don't look for excuses why you're not. Do it or don't do it. Plain and simple.
No one in this thread was complaining that small guilds can not "win" the championship.

The complaint is that small guilds are stuck on the map with the powerhouse guilds, just because the small guild does well in lower diamond or platinum. Then the small guilds end up spending seasons beached, because they should not even be on the same map with the powerhouse guilds.

The way that LP bumps guilds up and down drastically is illogical.

The ranking method also makes no sense at all. It is not an accurate way to track which guilds are stronger.

coolmite

The question in my mind would be, does the current ranking system accurately reflect which guilds are winners?
The answer is "it depends". The top 4 will probably work themselves out. The true 5th to 8th are the ones that really are failed by the new system. I'm biased on my thoughts. My guild is most likely the 5th strongest GbG guild in the world I play. We have been in the top tier 1000LP grouping for 52 seasons. In that time, we only have 6 total victories. Since the new ranking system started, we have come in 2nd every time. We are still in the 1000LP group, but we have zero 'victories' - that puts as as the 20th ranked guild. Numerous guilds are ranked ahead of us that have finished behind us when they were in our grouping. But once you come in outside of the top 4 in a season with the 1000 LP group, you get relegated to a much easier fighting environment. If you pick up a victory there and move back up to the 1000LP group, it still counts as a victory. The rankings in my world for 5-25 are a joke and will have massive fluctuation every week. But there are guilds in the top 10 with 2-3 'victories' that will not be able to get off the porch in the 1000LP group.

In short... no the rankings don't accurately reflect actual guild strength outside of the top 4ish guilds.

Last edited: