• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GBG Update

Valkyrie the Just

From what I've noted over the past couple of seasons and feedback I've been given by other players, if the goal was to break GBG then INNO has done a bang up job. By raising the bar so high only top guilds can remain competitive nothing much has changed. The small guilds still have to sit on the sideline and if they are very lucky, they might be able to farm around their HQ. Most can't even do that since the 80% cap makes it difficult for even top players to get through a session, without being wiped out.
If INNO wants to make it more fair, it would make much more sense to match small guilds with other small guilds, based on how many players they have on their roster, I've seen a 1 man guild on the map with 5 guilds with as many as 70-80 members, not sure how that math works no matter how good he is....by sticking a small guild on a map with 5 big guilds where they have no chance of competing with, simply does not compute, to me it would make much more sense to match them by how many people they have on their roster. Expecting small guilds to wipe out their treasury, get fewer fights, gain fewer rewards from the fights they do get, and have to pay out more goods than they take in really does not make a whole lot of sense to me. I do understand changes needed to be made but the radical changes need to be balanced out and not make GBG become another GVG waste land. Players will eventually lose interest and find something else to do with their time and money. GBG has been a big part of our guild's activity ever since GBG started, but it becoming less so, it's harder to get people to come in and participate and those who do come in are wiped out by one session and don't return for the rest of the day. Where as before the changes I had players coming in for every session and spending a good portion of their time ingame. That amount of time has dropped drastically and if something does not change and change soon the numbers will continue to fall until GBG becomes just another GVG ghostland. Just food for thought....

Pericles the Lion

You wrote that, before the change, you had guildmates playing all day but now they only come in and get "wiped out by one session". The reason for this is attrition. Before the change, these players (many with trivial attack boosts) were able to avoid fighting with attrition. Now, this opportunity no longer exists and this fact exposes the weakness of these players. The top fighters, those that have spent considerable time building up their attack boosts, those that always burned all of their attrition daily, are getting less fights because of the change BUT they are not getting wiped out "by one session" (unless they can, and choose to, do 600+ battles in that session). The players that you finding it harder to get on GBG are mostly those that were akin to remora on sharks....before the change they were just along for the ride. Now, they have to actually work for the rewards.

Sharmon the Impaler

From what I've noted over the past couple of seasons and feedback I've been given by other players, if the goal was to break GBG then INNO has done a bang up job. By raising the bar so high only top guilds can remain competitive nothing much has changed. The small guilds still have to sit on the sideline and if they are very lucky, they might be able to farm around their HQ. Most can't even do that since the 80% cap makes it difficult for even top players to get through a session, without being wiped out.
If INNO wants to make it more fair, it would make much more sense to match small guilds with other small guilds, based on how many players they have on their roster, I've seen a 1 man guild on the map with 5 guilds with as many as 70-80 members, not sure how that math works no matter how good he is....by sticking a small guild on a map with 5 big guilds where they have no chance of competing with, simply does not compute, to me it would make much more sense to match them by how many people they have on their roster. Expecting small guilds to wipe out their treasury, get fewer fights, gain fewer rewards from the fights they do get, and have to pay out more goods than they take in really does not make a whole lot of sense to me. I do understand changes needed to be made but the radical changes need to be balanced out and not make GBG become another GVG waste land. Players will eventually lose interest and find something else to do with their time and money. GBG has been a big part of our guild's activity ever since GBG started, but it becoming less so, it's harder to get people to come in and participate and those who do come in are wiped out by one session and don't return for the rest of the day. Where as before the changes I had players coming in for every session and spending a good portion of their time ingame. That amount of time has dropped drastically and if something does not change and change soon the numbers will continue to fall until GBG becomes just another GVG ghostland. Just food for thought....
Be truthful at least. a 1 man guild is never placed with an 80 member guild.

Dazhel

I

I agree with you Val. I am one of those that has been hit the most by the changes as I am a night fighter. I used to be able to carry my Guild through the nights prime, and not because it was freebie fighting, I and many others use trit. Now all Guilds are setting mins and excluding peeps that have been there for years. These changes suck, and its only going to get worse from round 4/5. Nobody I have spoken to in Brisgard likes it. We will endure, still farm what we can, or leave. Thanks Inno for the loads of extra RL time I now have, as its pointless being here.

jaymoney23456

I

I agree with you Val. I am one of those that has been hit the most by the changes as I am a night fighter. I used to be able to carry my Guild through the nights prime, and not because it was freebie fighting, I and many others use trit. Now all Guilds are setting mins and excluding peeps that have been there for years. These changes suck, and its only going to get worse from round 4/5. Nobody I have spoken to in Brisgard likes it. We will endure, still farm what we can, or leave. Thanks Inno for the loads of extra RL time I now have, as its pointless beingYe

Sharmon the Impaler

Q world's 5th oldest guild is being dismantled as of today because of these changes. 3 of the founders are quitting for good and the rest decided to disband and go to other guilds. Inno you are as tone deaf as a rock. Maybe more of those colored labels will fix things?

Sharmon the Impaler

Not at the starting season of the "championship" Everyone knows that Inno totally blew that one and placed ridiculously out of league guilds against the top guilds. We were pitted against a 3 member guild and we are top 10. We all decided that we had enough of Inno manipulating us as players and let everyone on the map. You know what they can do with the tower I think ?

jaymoney23456

The matchmaking is always gonna mix in all the guilds at 1k diamond on maps. Seems somewhat random but it seems that the highest ranked guilds get easier maps most of the time and those in the middle ranking of 1k diamond get bunched together more often than not.

Sharmon the Impaler

The top 1K is no picnic either. They sometimes pit 4-5 very aggressive guilds on the same map. It's an instant farm only and worthless for competitive play , there is too much firepower for such a small map and it would be so expensive with the traps and buildings needing diamonds 24/7. The last season we were paired with 2 other aggressive , 2 mid-average and 2 low level guilds. One guild went rogue and we all went after them as a unit , even the small guilds assisted. You either do this or changed GBG into a paying only option if you want to win it. The timers are all useless unless you spend diamonds , the sectors are brutally larger and make 24/7 guild wars imposible due to the 80% attrition cap. They wrecked our game for money plain and simple.

jaymoney23456

I never liked GbG wars because its always either very easy to win them or you have no chance whatsoever and no middle ground. Also, they are very tedious and always took away from the rewards available and took way too much time. Not sure how your world works but the top GbG guilds in Brisgard aren't typically very aggressive even with the start of this new GbG for the most part. Most guilds still want to cooperate and swap and its more of a see how many sectors you can take at start and how fast you can take side sectors and dime camps to see who is first rather than a war. Still, there is a lot of discontentment with the changes that no one I know of likes and that take the fun out of GbG!
Farming in GbG was fun. No need to ruin it!!!!!!!!!

Dazhel

Q world's 5th oldest guild is being dismantled as of today because of these changes. 3 of the founders are quitting for good and the rest decided to disband and go to other guilds. Inno you are as tone deaf as a rock. Maybe more of those colored labels will fix things?
We all feel your pain. This will not be the only Guild to disappear into the abyss. Sad and difficult days ahead. Inno Please listen. We have to beg for participation in GBG - maybe we should be begging Inno?

PJS299

We all feel your pain. This will not be the only Guild to disappear into the abyss. Sad and difficult days ahead. Inno Please listen. We have to beg for participation in GBG - maybe we should be begging Inno?
Get down on your knees, give them praise, do whatever. They, unfortunately, won't listen.

Dazhel

Get down on your knees, give them praise, do whatever. They, unfortunately, won't listen.
This just makes me sad. I have given years of my valuable time to Inno, and they do this to us. There is no way there was complete agreement on the Beta server, especially if the 66% trit cap was in like I have heard. Yes Inno went easy on us and changed it to 80% - Gee thanks for your generosity Inno. Also reserving the right to change that 80%. How about changing it to 100%, and keep all the other changes and we call it good for the next 10 years - Pretty Please!

honey55

This just makes me sad. I have given years of my valuable time to Inno, and they do this to us. There is no way there was complete agreement on the Beta server, especially if the 66% trit cap was in like I have heard. Yes Inno went easy on us and changed it to 80% - Gee thanks for your generosity Inno. Also reserving the right to change that 80%. How about changing it to 100%, and keep all the other changes and we call it good for the next 10 years - Pretty Please!
No thanks. Attrition should mean something. Those who built up their boosts should be able to do more fights. It should actually be a competition, not just farming. Not saying the changes are perfect. Just should not be any free sectors

Sharmon the Impaler

No thanks. Attrition should mean something. Those who built up their boosts should be able to do more fights. It should actually be a competition, not just farming. Not saying the changes are perfect. Just should not be any free sectors
It's NOT 80% , it's anything Inno feels like adjusting it to. IF they feel like you need to give them more money then they just adjust in downward as you are playing. We all have gotten 10 attrition in a row on "80%" at least once by now. Does this look honest to you ?