• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GBG Update

Darkest.Knight

As I've already stated I've found GbG is better w/the changes, I do a lot more fights because I can place a building on every sector; it's not hit or miss like it used to be. Before the changes my performance was based more on the map that was randomly selected, now it's much more predictable. This cycle I should hit about 4500 fights, big improvement for before.

jaymoney23456

No thanks. Attrition should mean something. Those who built up their boosts should be able to do more fights. It should actually be a competition, not just farming. Not saying the changes are perfect. Just should not be any free sector.
There absoutely should be attrition free. Those with higher boosts could already get in more fights than those with smaller boosts with attrition free. How is it better for everyone to suffer with attrition in this new GbG? What exactly is more competetive about this new GbG? The big guilds still dominate and there is still farming going on. It is just slower and less productive farming than before. The guild with the most ranking points is the guild with the easiest maps, spends the most goods, and or spends the most diamonds rushing camps. Winning 5 out of 6 gbg maps requires both a strong gbg guild with a strong treasury and some luck as to who they get placed with.

jaymoney23456

As I've already stated I've found GbG is better w/the changes, I do a lot more fights because I can place a building on every sector; it's not hit or miss like it used to be. Before the changes my performance was based more on the map that was randomly selected, now it's much more predictable. This cycle I should hit about 4500 fights, big improvement for before.
How could you possibly get in more fights in this new GbG than the old one? All you had to do to get a lot of fights in the old GbG was to show up for when sectors were open and make sure you were in a guild that could get good swaps to start with.

Pericles the Lion

It's NOT 80% , it's anything Inno feels like adjusting it to. IF they feel like you need to give them more money then they just adjust in downward as you are playing. We all have gotten 10 attrition in a row on "80%" at least once by now. Does this look honest to you ?
How do you come up with this stuff?

Ebeondi Asi

I have to agree somewhat about getting many attrition hits in a row when at the "theoretical' 80% the sad part is you get stuck with the extra hits to attrition, then it might (or might not) go back to about 1 in 5.. It does seem like when it is being bad it stays bad for the sector. (I do have to say ten in a row is an exaggeration. usually i will be something like three out of four. or five out of seven... ir even possible eight out of ten hits to attrition. This is nothing new though It used to be typical to have a sector act as if it only had two SC instead of four. or even one instead of three! And that too was disgusting.

The odd part if it is an unbiased percentage. the odds seldom go in the favor of the player, but often do go against the player.

Sharmon the Impaler

I have to agree somewhat about getting many attrition hits in a row when at the "theoretical' 80% the sad part is you get stuck with the extra hits to attrition, then it might (or might not) go back to about 1 in 5.. It does seem like when it is being bad it stays bad for the sector. (I do have to say ten in a row is an exaggeration. usually i will be something like three out of four. or five out of seven... ir even possible eight out of ten hits to attrition. This is nothing new though It used to be typical to have a sector act as if it only had two SC instead of four. or even one instead of three! And that too was disgusting.

The odd part if it is an unbiased percentage. the odds seldom go in the favor of the player, but often do go against the player.
Ditto for the "9%" golden chance with the stomping thing. Last round of 15 (I hit it with the finish specials and the BG). I got 9 golden 6 silver and 8 regular.This is not even in the ballpark of 9%. I now have 3 selection kits and 2 goldens and 2 silvers so far. Inno and their "magic" odds strike agina. Pericles should be along any minute to say it's just bad luck.

Pericles the Lion

Ditto for the "9%" golden chance with the stomping thing. Last round of 15 (I hit it with the finish specials and the BG). I got 9 golden 6 silver and 8 regular.This is not even in the ballpark of 9%. I now have 3 selection kits and 2 goldens and 2 silvers so far. Inno and their "magic" odds strike agina. Pericles should be along any minute to say it's just bad luck.
No, not bad luck. Your sample size is too small (and you didn't bother to say which of the collections got doubled by the BG).

Separately, one thing that I can't figure out is you spend money on the game as though you print it in your basement yet you constantly complain that INNO is deliberately, and maliciously, misrepresenting features of the game in order to drive revenue. Who does this?

Last edited:

xivarmy

Some frequency measures of "expected" streakiness (all assuming nominal 80% attrition reduction) - if you do the number of fights on the right you should *expect* the occurrence to happen once for you. The first table is a good luck streak. The other 2 are bad luck streaks.

N in a Row​
No Attrition​
20​
87​
25​
265​
30​
808​
35​
2,465​
40​
7,523​
45​
22,959​
50​
70,065​
55​
213,821​
60​
652,530​

N in a Row​
All Attrition​
2​
25​
3​
125​
4​
625​
5​
3,125​
6​
15,625​
7​
78,125​
8​
390,625​
9​
1,953,125​
10​
9,765,625​

N Fights​
>=50% Attrition​
10​
30​
15​
236​
20​
385​
25​
2,710​
30​
4,325​
35​
29,216​
40​
46,100​
45​
304,580​
50​
477,360​

So let's say we have a serious fighter who hits 8000 fights:

They should expect to hit 40 in a row with no attrition once a season or so. 30 in a row ~daily.
They should expect to hit 6 in a row, all attrition, once every couple seasons or so. 5 in a row a couple times a season. 4 in a row ~daily.
They should expect to hit 15 attrition ticks out of 30 fights a couple times a season. 10 attrition ticks out of 20 fights ~twice daily.

If you actually hit 10 attrition ticks *in a row* on a regular basis, that would indeed be evidence that something's fishy (there's a good chance that's happened to someone as there'd be > 10 million fights across all GBGs on all worlds - but a streak that bad shouldn't happen to "everyone").

But if it's not happening to the individual you're talking to it's natural to assume the people claiming it's happening are exaggerating something somewhat more attributable to natural RNG streaks that still feels like rotten luck (like 5-6 in a row ; or 10 attrition out of 15 fights or something like that).

Sharmon the Impaler

No, not bad luck. Your sample size is too small (and you didn't bother to say which of the collections got doubled by the BG).

Separately, one thing that I can't figure out is you spend money on the game as though you print it in your basement yet you constantly complain that INNO is deliberately, and maliciously, misrepresenting features of the game in order to drive revenue. Who does this?
Who said malicious ? Stop putting words in peoples mouths to support your incessant narrative that Inno is completely above board. The game has made Inno millions and management can't be bothered to address any concerns but send a bunch of volunteers to do it. Never a bloody word from them just a bunch of people making guesses . This is why nobody trusts them , they have zero respect for us.

honey55

It's NOT 80% , it's anything Inno feels like adjusting it to. IF they feel like you need to give them more money then they just adjust in downward as you are playing. We all have gotten 10 attrition in a row on "80%" at least once by now. Does this look honest to you ?
Since i don't count the number of times i don't get attrition in a row, i dont count when i get them in a row. Its their game. They could make it 70 or lower and id still do what i can.

honey55

There absoutely should be attrition free. Those with higher boosts could already get in more fights than those with smaller boosts with attrition free.
Well that wasnt true in my experience in multiple guilds. Those who were on all day and picked attrition free sectors got WAY more fights than those who couldnt be on all day. I didn't even always reach my attrition cause one was lucky to get .any attrition free sectors cause so many showed up for them, but if a sector got much attrition you could pretty much do it alone. So even if i reached my attrition, i certainly didn't get more fights then someone on all day with low boosts. Now most the sectors give 20 attrition. Boosts mean something.

jaymoney23456

Well that wasnt true in my experience in multiple guilds. Those who were on all day and picked attrition free sectors got WAY more fights than those who couldnt be on all day. I didn't even always reach my attrition cause one was lucky to get .any attrition free sectors cause so many showed up for them, but if a sector got much attrition you could pretty much do it alone. So even if i reached my attrition, i certainly didn't get more fights then someone on all day with low boosts. Now most the sectors give 20 attrition. Boosts mean something.
How much of the map did your guild have to swap with another guild? If you are swapping on the full map (we have done this before and recently in my guild) then you can get a lot more fights than if you are swapping on only say 1/4 of the map. Also, how many times you flip the map a day matters. Good gbg guilds flipped the map 4-5 times a day in the old GbG with attrition free fights.

Flynn013

It's easy too tell who the GBG farmers are. Nothing but crying now that they have actually work at sectors instead of mindlessly clicking 24/7. Maybe instead of thread after thread of doom and gloom you should figure out how to play with the new attrition balancing.

honey55

How much of the map did your guild have to swap with another guild? If you are swapping on the full map (we have done this before and recently in my guild) then you can get a lot more fights than if you are swapping on only say 1/4 of the map. Also, how many times you flip the map a day matters. Good gbg guilds flipped the map 4-5 times a day in the old GbG with attrition free fights
I can't really answer this question cause i was in lots of guilds before i joined the one im in now, which is a really good guild, which caused me to quit guild hopping. Not sure what difference this makes anyway. It is easy to see that one on all day fighting 0 attrition gets more fights than one who isn't and it isnt like those on all day sat out any fights to let guildmates who couldnt be on all day get any fights. That is MY experience. It was a greed fest in most guilds i tried. We weren't competing against other guilds much. We were competing against our guildmates. Now we're all working together trying to win the championship. Now, boosts are important. I know lots dont like it which is ok. This is just my opinion. My guild has simply changed the way we do gbg to adjust to the changes. Since we haven't yet had a competitive season, the map has been more colorful. Only 2 guilds aren't doing much.

Ebeondi Asi

The zero attrition really mattered more at night. The few players in certain powerful Guilds who were night regulars would reap huge number of Fights, and thousands of FPs.when doing a full swap. I did, a few rare times, find myself alone with a full map to swap. 2000 Fps.. But I discovered not sleeping at night created problems for me.) So there was a huge change once the 80% cap arrived for those sorts of night players.

Pericles the Lion

The game is perfect in your world , we all get that , so go play it and let us discuss the game.
Everything is not "perfect" in my world. Far from it. However, with regard to FOE, I do not expect perfection. The only thing that I expect is a F2P entertainment experience. Imo, INNO does a very good job of meeting this need. Anyway, complain to your heart's content. I doubt that it will change anything but I do find it entertaining.

Dazhel

I disagree. I would get an average of over 1000 hits per day after the initial day of the climb. Now I am lucky to get 250. I then get to watch my Guldies struggle to fill sectors slowly over hours. No more half hour to fill and flip. Inno has robbed me of my biggest fp earner. Now I simply play less and do not recommend foe to anyone.