• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

gbg

Angry.Blanket

Because you went on to say this.

In context, what else could "taking away from the active players" mean? Seriously, just admit you said it and let's move on. :rolleyes:

Active players ARE going to get less fights than they used to, they are NOT going to get the same amount as they used to.
They will still get more than the less active players.
I did not say I was concerned about this.
I am concerned that this is an attempt to get less active players more fights, by limiting the amount more active players can get.
Less active players should not get more fights, If more active players get less fights than before, then less active players should get less also.

Johnny B. Goode

This:
Active players ARE going to get less fights than they used to, they are NOT going to get the same amount as they used to.
Is saying the same thing as this:
I am concerned that this is an attempt to get less active players more fights, by limiting the amount more active players can get.
With different words. So you're now saying that you are and are not concerned about this. Makes perfect sense.

Pericles the Lion

They will still get more than the less active players.
I did not say I was concerned about this.
Less active players should not get more fights, If more active players get less fights than before, then less active players should get less also.
I think it depends on how you are defining the word "active" in this context. It is obvious that players with a high level of GBG participation (i.e. "active") will get less battles because zero attrition sectors will go away. Players with little GBG participation (i.e. less "active") will be in the same situation. If their level of participation remains the same, they will get fewer battles than before. There is, however, a subset of "less active" that may very well get more battles than before. These would be the players that often enter the battlefield to find no sectors that are available to hit. They want to be more active but circumstances have prevented it. How many of these players are there is uncertain but they are out there. I predict that we will see some redistribution of battles from the top fighters to the mid- to lower-level fighters that have wanted to do more but were not able to.

Ebeondi Asi

One other point in all this is actually using attrition. So many players fear using attrition. The key will be to use it all. Every day !!! Guildies that know how to use up their attrition now are a great asset to Guilds. and will be in the future. The players who fight but fear using any attrition are not much of an asset. (and will be even less so after the change) (But better than players who do nothing LOL)
So a learning will have to take place for those afraid to use up their attrition. Fr players who already know how.. Go Forth and Battle !!!

Attrition is a great asset that most Guilds fail totally to capitalize on it at all.

Sharmon the Impaler

Repeated because it is brilliant and there is only a like button and no love button , hell yes !! My max attrition on AB is 121 and I hover around 105 close to bedtime. The 5 SC warriors are they only ones that will lose heavily on this but so what ? More fights for people who play the game as a team with their guilds and don't sit there and drain the treasury day after day and give nothing back.

"One other point in all this is actually using attrition. So many players fear using attrition. The key will be to use it all. Every day !!! Guildies that know how to use up their attrition now are a great asset to Guilds. and will be in the future. The players who fight but fear using any attrition are not much of an asset. (and will be even less so after the change) (But better than players who do nothing LOL)
So a learning will have to take place for those afraid to use up their attrition. Fr players who already know how.. Go Forth and Battle !!!

Attrition is a great asset that most Guilds fail totally to capitalize on it at all."

Last edited:

Darkest.Knight

I don't bother with battleground buildings; I've been slowly building my attrition over time and get to 110-120 daily. The problem I c with using so many siege camps is that it requires the production of a lot of goods regularly, I haven't had goods buildings in a very long time and I'm not going to put any back up. Staying in platinum is fine w/myself and my 2 other guild members. The world I play in, Sinerania, only had a lot of players using SC's in diamond but recently more in platinum are putting them up. Looking at some the players using a lot of SC's makes me laugh a bit, they put up mostly attack/def items and don't really produce many goods, being relegated to producing goods doesn't appeal to me. Makes the big guys look like real slackers, IMO.

Hopefully Inno tones down the buildings, they could do it making 3/sector of them less common, making them cost more goods or as being tested on beta reducing the max attrition reduction. As it stands it completely distorts the game, not much of a game that only requires making a lot of goods to do very well.

Sharmon the Impaler

The guild at the top will need team work from everyone , Goods to Guild building minimums. My city gives 3516 goods per day to the guild) and finally fighters that don't fear attrition. It will level the playing field a bit and makes room for the smart and well coordinated guilds. 5 SC warriors will be a thing of the past which is a good thing. These treasury drainers are annoying . It has to be a percentage decrease or it will do nothing to change GbG

jalepeno04654

I run GBG for a 20-person guild that bounces between platinum and diamond. I'm the "whale" who dominates, but everyone in the guild loves it when we manage to get 0% attrition tiles, because everyone feasts. This past season was good as we had lots of access to low attrition tiles: I hit 7K fights, and the next several people were at 1K. Previous season was bad: not much access to low attrition tiles (but always something to hit at least!): I was at 3K, everyone else at like 200-300. I went down by a little more than half, everyone else went down by like 80%.

Some guilds may be more opportunity limited (I've got some guildies who came to us for that very reason; that and we're awesome!) rather than attrition limited. But for my little guild, reducing attrition limiters always reduces the number of hits EVERYONE gets, and it hurts the newer members more.

Logically, this makes sense: I personally am very rarely attrition limited: I can autobattle into 130s, then manual battle forever if I so desire. But newer cities are severely attrition limited. So with less reduction available, they'll hit their cap super quick, and just won't get the rewards I did.

I'll be fine; after harvest field event, I hope to be set-up to autobattle to 150 and beyond. Sure, it'll be fun to be the only one on the map plowing through tiles late in the day, but my guildies are gonna get slammed. :confused:

Channel4News

Repeated because it is brilliant and there is only a like button and no love button , hell yes !! My max attrition on AB is 121 and I hover around 105 close to bedtime. The 5 SC warriors are they only ones that will lose heavily on this but so what ? More fights for people who play the game as a team with their guilds and don't sit there and drain the treasury day after day and give nothing back.

"One other point in all this is actually using attrition. So many players fear using attrition. The key will be to use it all. Every day !!! Guildies that know how to use up their attrition now are a great asset to Guilds. and will be in the future. The players who fight but fear using any attrition are not much of an asset. (and will be even less so after the change) (But better than players who do nothing LOL)

Attrition is a great asset that most Guilds fail totally to capitalize on it at all."
It's actually going to create less fights all the way around because unless you catch sectors right after reset, there's going to be WAY less flipping and movement on the map later in the day because no one will have attrition left to spare.

Changing the rules of the game in this drastic of a step not only will slow down everyone's overall progression, but new players will now have 0 chance to ever catch up to the top of the list in terms of ranking points.

Also... doesn't this severely limit the reasons to spend diamonds? How does INNO think it makes financial sense for them to stop one of the biggest diamond spends in the game?

The entire change makes no sense.

RazorbackPirate

Interesting points
It's actually going to create less fights all the way around because unless you catch sectors right after reset, there's going to be WAY less flipping and movement on the map later in the day because no one will have attrition left to spare.
You say this like it's a bad thing.
Changing the rules of the game in this drastic of a step not only will slow down everyone's overall progression, but new players will now have 0 chance to ever catch up to the top of the list in terms of ranking points.
The newbie has never had a chance to catch up to the top of the list. Unless someone stops playing, Those at the top keep progressing too. Often times much faster.
Also... doesn't this severely limit the reasons to spend diamonds? How does INNO think it makes financial sense for them to stop one of the biggest diamond spends in the game?
It also severely limits the ability to earn diamonds for free. It may end up a wash for Inno. They may also be willing to take a few short term hits to keep the game's long term viability.

jeffj2

Does anyone have a guess or forecast on - when the "GBG 66% Attrition Free" would go into production? For example, is content in beta for 3 months then I gets moved into the live game?

Ebeondi Asi

Does anyone have a guess or forecast on - when the "GBG 66% Attrition Free" would go into production? For example, is content in beta for 3 months then I gets moved into the live game?
There is no set time. Since Beta went to a new hidden comments.. Inno seems to be reasking for comments that are independent of each other.They may leave the 66% or they may fiddle with it more. No one can know.

jeffj2

Thanks Ebe for the info. That makes sense. I'm kinda hoping the 66% just goes away. I like fp farming and I'm similar to jalepeno04654 in my guild and bouncing between diamond and platinum levels with our guild.

Hammer the Man

I have been playing about 18 months. In my opinion I belive this will affect the smaller guilds. The guilds with more players are already able to take sectors that only have 1 SC surrounding it. So it won't affect them as much. The smaller guilds are happy when they are able to fight a sector with 0 attrition when they are able to get one. I don't care about GbG much if I can't get some 0 attrition sectors. Sure I like the fps from GbG like everyone else. But I believe if people don't quit the game completely over this they will quit GbG at least. I enjoy GbG and the race for sectors even though I am in a smaller guild with very few fighters. It helps make the game more interesting to see how many fps I can get to level my GBs faster. The most fights I did was 16000 in a season when I get sectors with 0 attrition and ally with other guilds. When I don't get those I might get 200 to 500 fights in. I don't think this change is a good idea and hope it doesn't happen so I don't loose interest in the game.

MJ Artisan of War

The following comment on the third season of nerfed GBG "Testing" on Beta says it well...

OK, into the 3rd season of this failed experiment, and this is what is happening...

We are still conquering the entire map within 30 minutes of season opening, and we even graciously leave sectors in front of bases for other Guilds that want to play.
NO ONE is playing!!!! We just sit there endlessly waiting for someone to come out of their bases and we even leave sectors on hold, hoping to prompt them to take action.

So, the bottom line is this: This nerf has not improved game play or made battles more exciting or even shared the map more evenly.
It has made everything more boring and people are NOT participating at all. This is also spilling over to other areas of the game as well.
If there is no action happening with the map, there is no sense logging into the game. Players are beginning to set their collection times in their cities for once a day instead of every 4 hours.

A game cannot be successful if players are not spending time. (and $$ spending resources)
If this is the intended result that INNO wants, then just simply delete the entire GBG function, as it is now a graveyard of non-participation.
The only participation is usually One Guild per map conquering all the sectors at Season Opening and then they are sitting there for 10 days.
At least if INNO were to "balance" the competition, it would present something worth fighting for.

It seems INNO is just as inept as the current world leaders letting everything fall to crap while they virtual signal they are trying to do something.
(Not in the best interest of the public)

So, in my opinion, this is a very poor design move by INNO. All those supposed complaints by Guild members who cried they could not participate in the map are just hollow accusations or envy of others' success. Now given the opportunity, they still do not participate.

Hit that Share, Like button... because The salt must flow.

Pericles the Lion

The following comment on the third season of nerfed GBG "Testing" on Beta says it well...

OK, into the 3rd season of this failed experiment, and this is what is happening...

We are still conquering the entire map within 30 minutes of season opening, and we even graciously leave sectors in front of bases for other Guilds that want to play.
NO ONE is playing!!!! We just sit there endlessly waiting for someone to come out of their bases and we even leave sectors on hold, hoping to prompt them to take action.

So, the bottom line is this: This nerf has not improved game play or made battles more exciting or even shared the map more evenly.
It has made everything more boring and people are NOT participating at all. This is also spilling over to other areas of the game as well.
If there is no action happening with the map, there is no sense logging into the game. Players are beginning to set their collection times in their cities for once a day instead of every 4 hours.

A game cannot be successful if players are not spending time. (and $$ spending resources)
If this is the intended result that INNO wants, then just simply delete the entire GBG function, as it is now a graveyard of non-participation.
The only participation is usually One Guild per map conquering all the sectors at Season Opening and then they are sitting there for 10 days.
At least if INNO were to "balance" the competition, it would present something worth fighting for.

It seems INNO is just as inept as the current world leaders letting everything fall to crap while they virtual signal they are trying to do something.
(Not in the best interest of the public)

So, in my opinion, this is a very poor design move by INNO. All those supposed complaints by Guild members who cried they could not participate in the map are just hollow accusations or envy of others' success. Now given the opportunity, they still do not participate.

Hit that Share, Like button... because The salt must flow.
In the interest of full disclosure, the author of the post that you pasted has provided no screenshots of his current GBG map (or any from the prior two seasons on Beta) to support his narrative.

Coach Zuck

In the interest of full disclosure, the author of the post that you pasted has provided no screenshots of his current GBG map (or any from the prior two seasons on Beta) to support his narrative.
In the interest of full disclosure, Pericles the Lion has provided no screenshots of the author of MJ's quote's narrative providing no screenshots to support his narrative to support his narrative

Also this sounds a lot like what already happens on Zorskog pre-nerf so I believe it.

Ebeondi Asi

About he above the discussion has no menton of teh level of GbG? is this Diamond Legue? or a lower level> ditto the commnet about Zorskog. No level. I all three of my Worlds in top Diamond the fighting is alive and well. with generally two, three or four Diamond Guilds competing,splitting up the map, flipping as usual.