• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

gbg

Angry.Blanket

You build and develop it. What's the point of GvG? Nothing but meaningless ranking points. What's the point of GBG? Right now it's amassing an ungodly amount of resources from farming it. But what do you do with them? (Hint: The answer involves developing your city.)

Well, if you want to get technical with the semantics, then a hobby and a pastime are not the same thing. And FoE would definitely qualify as a pastime. So your original point is moot.
GbG ,GvG is a competition against other guilds, Your team plays to beat other guilds, The goal is to conquer more sectors than the other guilds. What do you get from GvG, GbG? the same thing you get from winning monopoly.
I built my city so I could do GbG, GvG.

Sharmon the Impaler

GbG ,GvG is a competition against other guilds, Your team plays to beat other guilds, The goal is to conquer more sectors than the other guilds. What do you get from GvG, GbG? the same thing you get from winning monopoly.
I built my city so I could do GbG, GvG.
Although I disagree with you many times I agree with you here. The city options are , attack , goods/resources , FP production , for aesthetics only, GB collecting , event building/avatar collecting and finally defence. All cities are built with a purpose outside of just building it with some but few exceptions.

^ This is where I get lost, what is the goal of FOE if we don't have GbG, GvG, it would be just building a city for no reason.
It become more of a hobby/pass time than a game?
Angry Blanket & Johnny B. Goode - I think you guys are arguing flip sides of the same coin. You build and improve your city to improve your chances in GBG, GE, and GvG. You also participate in GBG, GE, and GvG to gain the resources to improve your city. It’s like asking is a PB&J a peanut butter sandwich with jelly or a jelly sandwich with peanut butter. They are both true, aren’t they?

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

Angry Blanket & Johnny B. Goode - I think you guys are arguing flip sides of the same coin. You build and improve your city to improve your chances in GBG, GE, and GvG. You also participate in GBG, GE, and GvG to gain the resources to improve your city. It’s like asking is a PB&J a peanut butter sandwich with jelly or a jelly sandwich with peanut butter. They are both true, aren’t they?
With the sandwiches, yes. With this disagreement, no. Most players don't bother with or don't have access to GvG. And GBG is such a recent addition that to say preparing for it is the point of your city development is ignoring most of this game's existence. And GE is such an easy feature to master, generally speaking, that developing a city for it wouldn't take much. So no, we are not arguing flip sides of the same coin.

Johnny B. Goode

^ This clown can turn navel lint into a debate. Seems most of his pedantic debates are about as exciting as that. He's now debating SANDWICHES!
Amazing. Do you have a radar for when I'm talking to someone that lets you know so you can interject your misinterpretations? If you think that SANDWICHES is in any way the point of my post, then you need remedial reading. Listen, you're pretty knowledgeable about the game, although like everyone you can be wrong once in a while. But you need to get over this irrational hatred of me.

RazorbackPirate

Amazing. Do you have a radar for when I'm talking to someone that lets you know so you can interject your misinterpretations? If you think that SANDWICHES is in any way the point of my post, then you need remedial reading. Listen, you're pretty knowledgeable about the game, although like everyone you can be wrong once in a while. But you need to get over this irrational hatred of me.
Non stop pedantic arguments is the point. A point missed as usual.

True592

Just completed another lousy GBG session. I don't know what changes are planned, but it they don't change support/attrition for "beach" and L4 sectors -- it is all going to be in vain.
Outer layers need to be hard to conquer.
Otherwise, it is all just too easy for powerhouses: they take central tiles, have no attrition due to multitude of SC in inner layers -- while others are in double-trouble, as outer layers provide much less support.
I said it a year ago, I can repeat again: taking a beach tile (layer 5) should come with no support, no matter whether attacker has an inner tile with SCs, or not. Similar for L4 tiles -- L3 support should be, at least, divided by two.
Until devs make attacking lower levels harder than coming to the center -- it would be no real change.

CDmark

I like to go back to the GBG Q&A videos on facebook. I found some interesting comments from Marcel when talking about attrition

1) GBG is a side feature not meant to be played all day
2) Attrition is used so each player can find an equilibrium for themselves, reach it and be done for the day.

Before live - 5/22/19 (if link doesn't work)
when live - around 12/19 (if link doesn't work)

So, looks like they fell asleep for almost 3 years but are looking at limiting the SCs to get things back to the original intent, attrition to limit 24/7 individual activity.

jeffj2

Another alternative is to remove attrition altogether. That removes the power from the power-house guilds. Doesn't control botting, although i'm not sure the proposed attrition nerf will remove power-house guild effectiveness anyhow.

Johnny B. Goode

Another alternative is to remove attrition altogether. That removes the power from the power-house guilds. Doesn't control botting, although i'm not sure the proposed attrition nerf will remove power-house guild effectiveness anyhow.
That is probably the worst idea I've heard for GBG. Remove attrition? That's the only thing that keeps the farming from being unlimited. Those "power-house guilds" that you refer to would swap sectors every four hours at no cost with your suggestion. At least with attrition they are forced to spend some guild Treasury goods for it. And every sector would be up for farming, not just those next to other sectors with building slots. That would leave zero sectors for the have-nots on any given map. I can tell you that there are at least tens of thousands of players who could fight endlessly in GBG if there were no attrition. The only limit would be time...and whether there was anyone else there capable of swapping sectors. Personally, in my FE city I could fight for as long as there was a sector I didn't own, with the only limitation being the time I have to devote to the game...and how long the skin on my fingertips could hold out.

Sharmon the Impaler

I have a worse idea. Make maximum attrition avoidance 25% instead of 66%.
At 25% for 4 SC and a tower would stop most guilds from building at all and just leave it straight attrition. All of the Atoms and Obs would become virtually obsolete unless it’s a heavy GVG guild. GE would be a one shot goods payment per season so no need for 200k goods per day for the larger guilds. No more reason to cooperate in GBG and that would change it into whole map swaps in waves throughout the day vying for 1st place.

jeffj2

At 25% for 4 SC and a tower would stop most guilds from building at all and just leave it straight attrition. All of the Atoms and Obs would become virtually obsolete unless it’s a heavy GVG guild. GE would be a one shot goods payment per season so no need for 200k goods per day for the larger guilds.
Yeah, well I said it was a worse idea.
I run the GBG portion of a diamond guild in Walstrand. The biggest issue we have is that our lower players can't hit much on attrition tiles. So 66% tiles will be even worse for them, if the proposed change is implemented.

Sharmon the Impaler

Yeah, well I said it was a worse idea.
I run the GBG portion of a diamond guild in Walstrand. The biggest issue we have is that our lower players can't hit much on attrition tiles. So 66% tiles will be even worse for them, if the proposed change is implemented.
Same situation in Q , my guild has about 30 higher attrition members and the rest make the minimums or slightly higher. A guild loads up with all high att players and the rest would get dumped so that guild will hold first place indefinitely.

jeffj2

It's not clear to me why 66% is such a magic number. And why 25% or 100% are such bad numbers.

One thing is certain. People sure have opinions about it. The feedback thread on the beta forum is 180 pages long now. I wonder if that is a new record LOL.

Johnny B. Goode

It's not clear to me why 66% is such a magic number. And why 25% or 100% are such bad numbers.
Nobody said 66% was a "magic number". The developers seem to have made it clear why 100% is a bad number. It's because that number turned GBG into something the developers did not intend it to be. So from the point of view of game balance, they deemed it to be a bad number. (Three years late, but better late than never. I'm looking at you, Arc.) And 25% is a bad number because it is barely more useful than 0%, and yet would cost guild Treasury goods for very little effect. 66% may not be a "magic number", but the developers apparently feel that it strikes the game balance that they intended in the first place with GBG. And the testing will tell them if they are right from their perspective. If so, it may make it to the live servers. If not, then it's probably back to the drawing board for them.

Sharmon the Impaler

They allow injecting the fight routine into the game and this means it's immune to bouncing the buttons around as you have all been annoyed with. Then they tried the delays and insane amount of pops up but this is not affected by popups because it doesn't need to see a button to send the fight command into the game. They know the fights are not coming from a button being clicked but simply the first fight being entered over and over which was stopped at 5 fights but no reprisals except this response that nobody likes. They know who is doing it because it shows up as more than one fight for the same button click many times and stands out like a sore thumb in even the most basic of log parsers. How about just kicking the cheaters ?

Last edited: