• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

gbg

wolfhoundtoo

That would make sense to me but clearly not Inno for some reason. Pretty sure a few accounts being gone would curb the use pretty fast. No idea of the amount of work it would actually take though, and I presume (as they haven't done it) that it either is a lot from their perspective or that it somehow doesn't impact their revenue thus any cost isn't 'paid for'.

Pericles the Lion

Why doesn't Inno fix the fight signature problem instead of nerfing it for everyone including the honest players ?
What I don't understand is how can players get away with using the signature cheat in GBG? How can that player's guildmates let it happen? It's one thing to use it in GvG where there are no individual rewards (other than ranking points) but in GBG? Perhaps very small guilds where everyone cheats? I just don't get it.

Sharmon the Impaler

That would make sense to me but clearly not Inno for some reason. Pretty sure a few accounts being gone would curb the use pretty fast. No idea of the amount of work it would actually take though, and I presume (as they haven't done it) that it either is a lot from their perspective or that it somehow doesn't impact their revenue thus any cost isn't 'paid for'.
Someone looking through the logs on higher level fight averages . They put it in what is known as a log parser that would compare all fight signatures of their logs and if any are identical then they cheated , sounds really complicated right ? Solarwinds even makes an automated version that will automatically do everything for them and autoflag all accounts that have 1 or more identical fight signatures and you can even set it up to suspend the account until Inno looks at it manually. The will is definitely not there because a modicum of networking knowledge with logfile experience (most, if not all System Admins) makes this about 1 days work,

Sharmon the Impaler

Forgive my ignorance, but what is a fight signature?
Every time you click an active auto battle button the client (game on your device) signs the fight with a unique "serial number". One click = 1 number. What the cheater does is known as injection where they just take the first signature and put it back into the Java Script loop and the server (Inno) picks it up and sees it as the button being clicked. This as you can surmise vastly increases your apparent fighting speed because there is no window to wait for and no button or mouse movement to slow it down. The signature of each fight is recorded in your accounts log file and would show for instance Fight 394234538 , Fight 234532935 , Fight 930254931 if you aren't cheating. If you are cheating then Fight 324598761 , Fight 324598761 , Fight 324598761 would typically be in your log file. The log parser would compare Fight signatures and if you have the same signature on two back to back fights then you cheated and can safely be discarded by Inno to leave the rest of us to play in peace. No I will not tell you how because it ruins the game for everyone.

Dominator - X

Every time you click an active auto battle button the client (game on your device) signs the fight with a unique "serial number". One click = 1 number. What the cheater does is known as injection where they just take the first signature and put it back into the Java Script loop and the server (Inno) picks it up and sees it as the button being clicked. This as you can surmise vastly increases your apparent fighting speed because there is no window to wait for and no button or mouse movement to slow it down. The signature of each fight is recorded in your accounts log file and would show for instance Fight 394234538 , Fight 234532935 , Fight 930254931 if you aren't cheating. If you are cheating then Fight 324598761 , Fight 324598761 , Fight 324598761 would typically be in your log file. The log parser would compare Fight signatures and if you have the same signature on two back to back fights then you cheated and can safely be discarded by Inno to leave the rest of us to play in peace. No I will not tell you how because it ruins the game for everyone.
How? ;)

So, if INNO would check this, would it be safe to say that they would know who is cheating and maybe cut down on the threatening messages that they send out to non-cheaters?

Sharmon the Impaler

You can run your browser in debug(also developer) mode and see this for yourself. This is nothing new or ground breaking. They can go back as far as their logs are saved for , from hours to years depending on their records policy. They wouldn't have to use a commercial log analyzer like Solarwinds as this is for any and all logs and fully configurable to automate everything from the collection , processing and subsequent action to take if an event meets the selection criterion. They only need be concerned about JS logs so can use a much less robust and focused solution.

also the ad games are just simple games. Can you really make that kind of money with bingo and solitaire? Also they show you how to lose in the regular ones.

Sledgie

What I don't understand is how can players get away with using the signature cheat in GBG? How can that player's guildmates let it happen? It's one thing to use it in GvG where there are no individual rewards (other than ranking points) but in GBG? Perhaps very small guilds where everyone cheats? I just don't get it.
In one of the guilds we swapped with this season the player suspected of using that cheat is hailed as a hero by many in his guild for his fight count. :rolleyes:

Pericles the Lion

In one of the guilds we swapped with this season the player suspected of using that cheat is hailed as a hero by many in his guild for his fight count. :rolleyes:
That players do it doesn't surprise me. What does surprise me is that the guild doesn't punish it. In a swap scenario, the cheater is taking fights away from his guildmates, no one else.

Sledgie

That players do it doesn't surprise me. What does surprise me is that the guild doesn't punish it. In a swap scenario, the cheater is taking fights away from his guildmates, no one else.
That guild would swap very slowly without this player. They don't have a very deep pool of fighters.

Interesting points

You say this like it's a bad thing.

The newbie has never had a chance to catch up to the top of the list. Unless someone stops playing, Those at the top keep progressing too. Often times much faster.

It also severely limits the ability to earn diamonds for free. It may end up a wash for Inno. They may also be willing to take a few short term hits to keep the game's long term viability.
Agree with everything said here, and would like to add that it will also limit advantage from using bots. Bots are killing any online game and every way to limit their effectiveness is a clear win for honest players.

I think it depends on how you are defining the word "active" in this context. It is obvious that players with a high level of GBG participation (i.e. "active") will get less battles because zero attrition sectors will go away. Players with little GBG participation (i.e. less "active") will be in the same situation. If their level of participation remains the same, they will get fewer battles than before. There is, however, a subset of "less active" that may very well get more battles than before. These would be the players that often enter the battlefield to find no sectors that are available to hit. They want to be more active but circumstances have prevented it. How many of these players are there is uncertain but they are out there. I predict that we will see some redistribution of battles from the top fighters to the mid- to lower-level fighters that have wanted to do more but were not able to.
IN very active guild the tiles are being taken very quickly and the most powerful players get most of fight due to speed from high A/D. Equally active players with lower A/D get less fights because they have to replenish troops more frequently. This change will give them more opportunity to fight.
There are players with high A/D and willing to fight, but they work and can't be online when they want to. For them it is a hit and miss if there are available tiles to hit when they have a chance to get online and play. They will have more opportunity to fight as well. I'm sure that avid gamers will find the way to overpower ordinary players, and super guilds to push around others, but it will just be more difficult thing to do.