• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GBG

Jumping Viper

I am sure many people have commented on this but I am so tired of dealing with this. Guild Battleground matching system is a JOKE!!!!!!
It is painfully obvious to everyone but the designers of this garbage. There is no defense so dont even try.

Selene the Queen

I am sure many people have commented on this but I am so tired of dealing with this. Guild Battleground matching system is a JOKE!!!!!!
It is painfully obvious to everyone but the designers of this garbage. There is no defense so dont even try.
wth were the designers thinking? once again with a guild that has swept the map as they do every season ,, Count me out.

WillyTwoShoes

Ditto the previous comments. In addition I can't believe Inno continues to come up short on policing the bots/scripting being used by some of the so called "top fighting guilds". Not only are they sucking up all the championship rewards they are chasing away what little remaining interest GBG players had after Inno "fixed" GBG.

Jumping Viper

The guilds I am in have all around 20+ members and week after week we get pummeled by guilds with 80ish members. And then finally we get dropped to a lower league and then we dominate. And I feel bad for the other guilds that were placed against us because they now suffer.
Saying it is based on GE participation, City levels etc. Is rediculous.
Right now there are 2 guilds with around 80 members and the map is completely taken. All the rest of the guilds have nothing...
This will go on day after day after day throughout this season. And these are the mostly the same guilds we dealt with last season.
So 2 guilds get everything. The rest get scraps! And my guild has several members that can get thousands of battles in each. But there is no chance against these superior numbers. There is no Defense against a poorly constructed game. Anyone can see this. And this drives players away from this game.

Dominator - X

Saying it is based on GE participation, City levels etc. Is rediculous.
Far be it for me to disagree with the current match making being extremely faulty, but the match making is not based on "GE participation" nor "City levels". It is based on similarly matched guilds by LP. Some say guild number is secondary, but that has not been fully proved nor published by INNO.

At the time, your only real recourse is to boycott GBG or learn to merge with other similar or stronger guilds or recruit fighters. You can also go somewhere else that is strong in GBG.

It is my experience, based on observation, that INNO does not have a strong brain trust, so issues like this will continue. Most of us have given up suggesting solutions, since they are not heard nor implemented.

Darkest.Knight

I have a 4 member guild w/just myself doing any fights, my placement is based on my performance; it's straight forward. Generally speaking, most guilds have a lot of members w/o a lot of participation; it's pretty much why I can compete against them. I'm not a cheerleader, but in this instance, I have nothing to complain about.

xivarmy

Some say guild number is secondary, but that has not been fully proved nor published by INNO.
That was proven at one point. But then it was changed. It is no longer true. Secondary is supposed to be random now (at the very least secondary is something complex enough that it hasn't been solved again yet).

Wwwoodchuck

Merge with another 20ish member guild and you'll have a better chance. Trying to compete in D1K with only 20 players is an exercise in futility.
The issue is not wanting to merge and change the Guild dynamic to compete. The whole point in Forge of Empires was to be able to play the game any way the user would like. Do only the parts you like kind of thing we have heard for quite a time now. Many people prefer a smaller Guild comprised of friends playing to have fun.

I am in a similar situation in a 3-person retired Guild. We have one member who loves to battle and does so every day of the season. Some days all of us might put some in. We get promoted to Diamond it seems like every other season. In Platinum we are on an island with guilds who are not very active. One person in our Guild can take most of the island over the course of a season and we take first. We get bumped up to Diamond and placed on an island with a top guild, or two top guilds. We do not get much of a chance to even take the sectors around us. It is one person battling against a whole guild. Next season we are back in Platinum with guilds not interested in GbG, we take first and get promoted… Wash, rinse, repeat.

We do not want to merge with other Guilds and compete. We are extremely happy being a very small group of friends who left that whole scene. If all the Alpha players join one guild and want top slot, go right ahead with our blessings! We would just like to be on an island with similar strength Guilds on a regular basis.

It is no fun being able to take all the sectors on an island with no competition. It is also no fun to not be able to take a single sector due to us not being any competition for the guilds we are with.

Savvy187

GBG is pretty far from fun, but then, most of this "game" is. The changes relieved me of any desire to progress in the game or participate in GBG beyond the minimum required.

Sharmon the Impaler

The two "heavies" are finally matched up in my world after 4 seasons and this is the reason I like GBG. Farming ? Not on your life , it's all out war with a planner , 2 strategists and 8 commanders running the show , this is what we train for lol. The last race was on a 320 tile with 43 of us on it and a 16 second take down. We did speed drills all last season just because we knew we were next on deck and it paid off :)

Last edited:

Ebeondi Asi

Getting paid by Inno to shill for them, I am enjoying the new GbG. Yeah it is a mix up small Guilds that are incapable of even getting out of the home, a bunch of middling Guilds that at least with patience can farm, and a few other top Guilds we fight only once in awhile. But it still is good. No problem.

jaymoney23456

Far be it for me to disagree with the current match making being extremely faulty, but the match making is not based on "GE participation" nor "City levels". It is based on similarly matched guilds by LP. Some say guild number is secondary, but that has not been fully proved nor published by INNO.

At the time, your only real recourse is to boycott GBG or learn to merge with other similar or stronger guilds or recruit fighters. You can also go somewhere else that is strong in GBG.

It is my experience, based on observation, that INNO does not have a strong brain trust, so issues like this will continue. Most of us have given up suggesting solutions, since they are not heard nor implemented.
Yes, gbg matchmaking is badly broken. In my world the top 2 in the rankings haven't seen each other 1 time this championship round but inno wants players to think the championship means something lol

jaymoney23456

Getting paid by Inno to shill for them, I am enjoying the new GbG. Yeah it is a mix up small Guilds that are incapable of even getting out of the home, a bunch of middling Guilds that at least with patience can farm, and a few other top Guilds we fight only once in awhile. But it still is good. No problem.
Bet you would enjoy it a lot less if you weren't in a guild loaded with billion point players.

Dominator - X

That was proven at one point. But then it was changed. It is no longer true. Secondary is supposed to be random now (at the very least secondary is something complex enough that it hasn't been solved again yet).
Anecdotally proven. I saw evidence for both sides and experienced both. "Proven" depends on opinion and experience.

xivarmy

Anecdotally proven. I saw evidence for both sides and experienced both. "Proven" depends on opinion and experience.
I was successfully predicting diamond league matchups with precision on multiple worlds for both my own and other guilds. And I was not the only one doing so. It worked without fail before the change.

Regardless, it's not important anymore, because it was changed. Is it possible that it's still not remotely random? Sure. But I have only seen conspiracy theories since the change as to a guild "always" (usually not actually always, but more than one might expect - X rounds out of Y) seeing certain other guilds that they don't want to. Nothing testable. So it's also possible people are imagining patterns where there's just luck.

jaymoney23456

I was successfully predicting diamond league matchups with precision on multiple worlds for both my own and other guilds. And I was not the only one doing so. It worked without fail before the change.

Regardless, it's not important anymore, because it was changed. Is it possible that it's still not remotely random? Sure. But I have only seen conspiracy theories since the change as to a guild "always" (usually not actually always, but more than one might expect - X rounds out of Y) seeing certain other guilds that they don't want to. Nothing testable. So it's also possible people are imagining patterns where there's just luck.
From empirical evidence Inno likes to put the same guilds together multiple times in a short time frame. Also, now it likes to put 1 strong guild paired with the rest of the map begin weak guilds now. And it doesn't usually put the top 2 guilds together on a map. Other than that there isn't a pattern that can be easily discerned. You might have guessed the main guild or 2 you would get paired with a time or 2 but its doubtful that you were accurately calling all the guilds on a given map especially multiple times. There was absolutely no set pattern to how it worked either in the old or new GbG.

jaymoney23456

There was never anything that counted guild level
There was never anything where your guild level determined who you got matched with in 1k diamond league under the old GbG. Aside from there being a larger than normal amt of times the same 2 guilds kept meeting each other in a relatively short amt of time, it was always pretty random. Certainly no discernable pattern to it.

Ebeondi Asi

Bet you would enjoy it a lot less if you weren't in a guild loaded with billion point players.
There are a lot of lower Era (well below a billion) even well below 100 million) that are killer players in GbG. It is interesting the new GbG tends to give lower Era players a big boost. Those guys are the ones getting attrition up to 200

xivarmy

There was never anything that counted guild level

There was never anything where your guild level determined who you got matched with in 1k diamond league under the old GbG. Aside from there being a larger than normal amt of times the same 2 guilds kept meeting each other in a relatively short amt of time, it was always pretty random. Certainly no discernable pattern to it.
And if it was guild level we were talking about, that would be a problem.

It wasn't guild level - but guild "number" or id. The internal number used to identify your guild that sticks with you through name changes and anything else and tracks you as that guild. There was a period (maybe not from the start), where the tiebreaker after your MMR was guild ID #. So the age of the 1000 guilds would basically separate them into groups. And the lowest id guilds from when a server was released would pretty much always be stuck with each other because there weren't many other guilds that old that could vary from week to week and change the id rankings. This was 100% accurate (i.e. i could tell whether a group was going to have 7 guilds or 8 and exactly who those 7 or 8 were) over a period of a number of months from the time it was discovered and i started testing it til they announced they were changing it.

But that has changed and is no longer the case. If there is some coerced pairing to make certain guilds likely noone has identified (and shared) what determines it anymore. I assume it's random.