• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Give us something to spend medals on!

• Thread starter DeletedUser26916
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser29563

That could be said of pretty much /every/ resource in the game once you have GBs and a ton of events. You want resources to have more value?

Few things you could do without waiting on Inno: limit your GBs to lvl 10. Limit your amount of event buildings.

But yes - it’d be nice to have some sort of bottomless pit to funnel the excess resources into

Oh but there is....and it's located on the extreme south east portion of the GvG continent map.

Agent327

I never said that your statement about FP not being important in diamond farms was incorrect.

If you have any sort of game knowledge you would know all of this.

@Emberguard, was it this forum or the EN one where a player wanted to donate all their fp's on 3 worlds to a player of that world who first responded, simply cause she had no way of spending them anymore.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

@Emberguard, was it this forum or the EN one where a player wanted to donate all their fp's on 3 worlds to a player of that world who first responded, simply cause she had no way of spending them anymore.
so she had three main worlds? Or are you just ignoring that everyone is talking about management of their main world?

Agent327

so she had three main worlds? Or are you just ignoring that everyone is talking about management of their main world?

Are you ignoring that not everyone was, but the discussion suddenly got steered that way, so someone would not have egg on his face?

@Agent327

US for that specific case (Clara was it?). EN had someone post almost immediately after on something very similar in a feedback thread

Thanks. All I know is she ran out of ways to profit from the fp's she gathered.

DeletedUser40495

As I said before (but you seem to have misunderstood):
As long as GBs have infinite levels there will always be a use for more FP even at the end of the tech tree or in an extended camp.
So saying that she
ran out of ways to profit from the fp's she gathered.
is simply mathematically incorrect.

She most likely tired of using them. Once a player accomplishes all of their goals, they may have no personal want for further progression. They may want to stop seriously competing and progressing, and just focus on GvG and purely helping their guild (or other players who ask for help). But There will always be more places to spend FP even if a player chooses not to. Choosing not to spend FP (or limiting your FP production because you have “too much”) is a poor strategy. If a player wants to further progress (which every player who is looking to perform well in their server rankings should), then there is always a use for more FP. Always.

You cannot say that this is not true

I cannot control how you play the game. If you choose to play with suboptimal strategy, that is your choice not mine. I have simply said that your statement about being able to have too much FP is incorrect and that playing in a way that limits FP production will hinder your progress.

You know what I said was 100% correct. Admit it.

Using examples of players who chose to play with suboptimal strategy (for whatever reason) is not helping your cause. Everyone with half a brain knows that FP production is the most important thing for your game progress. And you can’t perform well if you don’t progress. If you want to optimize growth, you have to optimize FP production. You know that is true.

Stop acting like it isn’t

Last edited by a moderator:

Emberguard

@22prentwil Not strictly true. GBs do have caps just not on the lvl unlocking. We've seen it with the Arc reaching above lvl 180 on live servers and not increasing. The ToR also appears to have a hard cap.

Now do some GBs not have a set cap while others do? Until we get high enough in the lvls it's impossible to say for certain.

DeletedUser40495

@22prentwil Not strictly true. GBs do have caps just not on the lvl unlocking. We've seen it with the Arc reaching above 180 on live servers and not increasing. The ToR also appears to have a hard cap
I am 99% sure that the bonuses still increase, but it would take like 100 levels to see a difference at that point. So technically once you have everything leveled above 100, it is still profitable to trudge ahead, though hard. And I don’t think the 1 FP per level stops increasing with Cape and AO (correct me if I’m wrong on that).

DeletedUser40495

If at a certain level all GB bonuses stop increasing all together (or the they increase so slowly that it is no longer the least bit profitable to level them), then eventually in theory, FP would no longer matter (until the next age of course). To reach the point of FP no longer mattering a player would have to be at the end of the tech tree and have all of their GBs at the cap level(s). Then it would be strategically best to only focus on military and fighting bonus, and fill city space with rogue hideouts, barracks, and fighting bonus buildings instead of buildings like SoK, Terrace Farms, etc. This player would focus on fighting as much as possible to accumulate more ranking points. FP would be of no concern to them.

But no player that I know of is at this point. I don’t even know if a point in a players game like this could exist (it’s mainly just a theory). So for all players FP is still a resource that you can never have too much of.

DreadfulCadillac

@22prentwil Not strictly true. GBs do have caps just not on the lvl unlocking. We've seen it with the Arc reaching above lvl 180 on live servers and not increasing. The ToR also appears to have a hard cap.

Now do some GBs not have a set cap while others do? Until we get high enough in the lvls it's impossible to say for certain.
arc doesnt have a cap, it increases even smaller then the last lvl, they just dont have the digital technology to show more numbers there ive heard..
what is this bout a tor cap?

DeletedUser40495

Plenty of ways to get blueprints. Sniping is just one method
Almost all methods require FP. That was my point.
Agent is pretty persistent
You think I didn’t know this? It’s obvious someone is persistent (and ignorant) when they can’t stop arguing and admit they are wrong even when it’s obvious that they are and even they know it.
He may actually be the one that decides when you're done ;)
I think the people who have the proper information will decide when this will finish up. Unless a mod steps in, but I doubt they will because this has been a very civil, informative thread (even though the topic has strayed from new uses of medals, to the true value of FP).

But regardless, it’s certainly not your place to say ;)

DeletedUser40495

You just admitted it can happen thanks to poor strategy
You misunderstood what I said. Here is my quote about the matter:
There will always be more places to spend FP even if a player chooses not to. Choosing not to spend FP (or limiting your FP production because you have “too much”) is a poor strategy. If a player wants to further progress (which every player who is looking to perform well in their server rankings should), then there is always a use for more FP. Always.
A player playing with a poor strategy (not maximizing FP production) may Think that they have too much FP which will lead them to limiting FP production, but they never actually will have too much (as long as GBs have infinite levels). There will always be a place to put that FP. I got this across pretty clearly.

Please read posts and make sure you understand them before commenting on them. Thanks!
Rather enjoying myself here.
If you enjoy being wrong so much, than you must enjoy yourself a lot!

DeletedUser40495

So you did not say you can NEVER have to much fp???
I did say that.
Then how come there are examples of players getting into that situation?
Because:
Once a player accomplishes all of their goals, they may have no personal want for further progression. They may want to stop seriously competing and progressing, and just focus on GvG and purely helping their guild (or other players who ask for help). But There will always be more places to spend FP even if a player chooses not to.
It is impossible to be in a situation where you will have no use for more FP. But some players may not see the use of earning and spending it at a certain point in their game.

But having more FP would still technically make them better.

BruteForceAttack

I am now up to 13 million+ medals, and have nothing to spend them on.
I suggest that since medals are like a military reward IRL, please allow medals to be used instead of/alongside coins in plopping down military type buildings. Increase the medal cost in a sliding scale based on AGE of the building being placed in a person's town.

In your world, check which guild is actively fighting GVG on AA map, reachout to them and ask if they are willing to trade fps/goods for medals.

Agent327

It is impossible to be in a situation where you will have no use for more FP.

No it isn't.

But some players may not see the use of earning and spending it at a certain point in their game.

And then again, some players just don't care, so with your "never statement", you are just wrong.

I know that is getting to you, but do not blame me for your own statements.

DeletedUser40495

do not blame me for your own statements.
I am not blaming you for my statements. I am correcting YOUR incorrect statements.

There is a clear difference.

And then again, some players just don't care, so with your "never statement", you are just wrong.
If if a player doesn’t want any more FP that is their own gameplay choice. But as I said before:
There will always be more places to spend FP even if a player chooses not to.
Therefore, more FP will ALWAYS help a player. In other words, like I said, you can never have to much. There will always be somewhere to spend it to make yourself better.

But once again, it’s all in the gameplay choices. If a player chooses not to value FP, that is their choice. But more FP would still make them better if they had it.

@Agent327, I think we have contrasting gameplay styles. I may overvalue FP, you may undervalue it. But we can debate about gameplay strategy all day, that’s a matter of opinion (although some strategy is better than others).

But what you cannot deny is mathematical facts. GB levels are infinite. There will always be somewhere else to spend FP. Therefore, more FP will make ALWAYS make a player better.

That is a fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.