• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Green dot the Avatar!

• Thread starter DeletedUser37512
  • Start date

DeletedUser37512

I think it would be cool, if when we were logged in and playing, we had some sort of symbol on my avatar or it glowing green or something letting other players and guild members know that we are logged in and playing. ( or maybe just guild members)
The only way to tell if a guild members has logged in and is playing, is if we see that they recently posted a message.
Thank you,
Dana

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Proper proposal format can be found here:
https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/proposal-guidelines-read-before-posting.139/

As far as your suggestion, it has been proposed multiple times in the past year, and most players are not in favor of having it. Mostly a privacy thing. I think it might get more traction if it were restricted to only guild members and no one else, but even that might not make it palatable to the opponents of the idea. Don't let lack of support for this idea get you down, though, it happens to us all at one time or another.

DeletedUser34800

Please use proper proposal format. Thanks.

Also, try reading the PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING threads.

You know, this stuff isn't that hard, and yet so many new members fail so badly at the proposal section.

DeletedUser

You know, this stuff isn't that hard, and yet so many new members fail so badly at the proposal section.
To be fair, when you go to the Proposals part of the Forum, you only see the main section headers unless you scroll down. The brown dot with the plus sign for starting a new thread, however is visible and there is a line at the top that says that this is where you post your ideas. There should be some indication that you need to scroll down before starting a new thread.

DeletedUser37513

I think it would be cool, if when we were logged in and playing, we had some sort of symbol on my avatar or it glowing green or something letting other players and guild members know that we are logged in and playing. ( or maybe just guild members)
The only way to tell if a guild members has logged in and is playing, is if we see that they recently posted a message.
Thank you,
Dana Baker
I think it's genius.

DeletedUser

Thank you,
Dana Baker
I think it's genius.
Are you two the same player? The reason I ask is that King 79 the great started a thread that reads almost word for word like the original post here. This is what King 79's thread OP says:
"I think it would be nice that if when I was logged in and playing. I had some sort of symbol or my avatar was glowing green or something. letting other payers and guild members know that I'm logged in and playing.
The only way I know if somebody is logged in and playing is if I see that they posted a message or I see some kind of change in gvg points."

DeletedUser37512

Are you two the same player? The reason I ask is that King 79 the great started a thread that reads almost word for word like the original post here. This is what King 79's thread OP says:
"I think it would be nice that if when I was logged in and playing. I had some sort of symbol or my avatar was glowing green or something. letting other payers and guild members know that I'm logged in and playing.
The only way I know if somebody is logged in and playing is if I see that they posted a message or I see some kind of change in gvg points."
Nope but we are on the same team

DeletedUser37512

I guess brilliant minds think alike

I did read read before posting post!
And yet you still suceed at being a jerk.

Graviton

To be fair, when you go to the Proposals part of the Forum, you only see the main section headers unless you scroll down. The brown dot with the plus sign for starting a new thread, however is visible and there is a line at the top that says that this is where you post your ideas. There should be some indication that you need to scroll down before starting a new thread.

No, there should be common sense applied that tells one, "I should read this forum and get the feel of it before I presume to propose changes to the game." This is the Internet Age, there's no excuse for anyone below the age of 70 to not know forum etiquette. I am still willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on the first one, but at some point ignorance fails to be a good excuse.

DeletedUser37513

It's the first time that I have been on the forum let alone posting to it. in the few years I've been playing foe. It's pretty pitiful that some would have nothing better to do then to troll some video game forum. Looking for people that don't exactly post their ideas in the so called "right" format.
Don't fear I have reposted mine and my guildmates idea again in the "correct" format.
Actually I think I acidently posted it twice.
(I guess I have 50 lashes coming now) from the foe forum cops.
Way to make your fellow foe players feel welcome

DeletedUser30900

It's the first time that I have been on the forum let alone posting to it. in the few years I've been playing foe. It's pretty pitiful that some would have nothing better to do then to troll some video game forum. Looking for people that don't exactly post their ideas in the so called "right" format.
Don't fear I have reposted mine and my guildmates idea again in the "correct" format.
I like this attitude. keep going and see how that makes this proposal going nowhere. Frankly, it's going nowhere regardless...

Emberguard

[...] people that don't exactly post their ideas in the so called "right" format.
Don't fear I have reposted mine and my guildmates idea again in the "correct" format. [...]
Formats are not a suggestion, they're a requirement. If no one cared about your proposal then no one would be pointing out the format.

It's not that anyone is looking for players who don't post in the "correct" format - but rather we know from experience in regards to how proposals are handled that anything not in that format is simply ineligible to be passed on. We're only mentioning the format to help you get your idea across so regardless of whether we agree or disagree with the actual idea, you have a chance of actually succeeding in proposing the idea.

So thankyou for taking the time for re-formatting. It could have been edited into the OP instead of creating a new thread, but no biggy. Just means this thread is no longer needed

Graviton

I do want you to feel welcome, but you need to understand that the READ BEFORE POSTING threads are named that, and stickied, for a reason. I didn't invent them. If you want a proposal taken beyond the brainstorming stage, it's gotta be in the right format. If you just want to discuss something it goes in Forge Hall or Questions, there's no structure there. Those of us who have been around for awhile get kinda tired of seeing new forum members post an unformatted wish list in the Proposal section, never to return again; they don't even bother to discuss it. Stick around here long enough (and I hope you do, because you cared enough to keep plugging with your proposal) and you might lose patience for it too.

DeletedUser34800

I guess brilliant minds think alike

I did read read before posting post!
And yet you still suceed at being a jerk.

Yeah, I was a jerk. By pointing out your lack of following forum rules/guidelines. Wow. Good one.

Oh yeah, total trolls with nothing better to do than troll around here. By asking that proposals in the proposal section be placed in the proper proposal format that Inno Games demands.

Wow. What trolls.

You guys are ridiculous. Sorry you didn't immediately hear how amazing your idea was and that it was so good, it didn't need to be formatted properly to have a shot at being seen by anyone important.

Nope, just trolling.

DeletedUser37513

This thread is now a duplicate. Please refer to the top thread (the one with the poll)

DeletedUser8428

King, players do not attach a poll for voting. In the pinned threads at the top of the proposals section, you'll see

2.Once an idea has been nominated and accepted, it will be moved to the Polling Place with a poll attached to it. The community will then vote on whether or not they would like that proposal to be added to the game. The poll will last two weeks. Currently running polls will be stickied and marked with a [Voting] prefix.

If it hasn't been nominated for voting, moved to the POLLING section with a poll for voting by a moderator, it's my guess that your poll is irrelevant.

Edited for spelling (first poll was spelled 'pool' in the last sentence)

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

This thread is now a duplicate. Please refer to the top thread (the one with the poll)

And still you have not read the READ BEFORE POSTING threads.

Besides that, you did not start this thread. You have no say in it. You are not the one to decide it is a duplicate!!!

DeletedUser

And still you have not read the READ BEFORE POSTING threads.

Besides that, you did not start this thread. You have no say in it. You are not the one to decide it is a duplicate!!!
Except that I think that he and the OP are one and the same person.

DeletedUser37512