• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Battlegrounds Arrival Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

barra370804

It clear that everyone wants logs.=
Never say that "everyone" wants anything. You are asking for trouble.
If the moderators want to provide feedback, then take "moderator" off your name
They can do that just as easily as you can take "new member" off your name without making posts or getting likes
But seeing moderators slamming such requests or using straw-man arguments about the person making such a request is a control freak, has a Napoleon complex, or some other negative attribute is both wrong and counter to the purpose of this thread.
The mods are just as entitled to their own opinions as you are.
I quote the forum rules:

Please note that most moderators still play FoE! They have as much a right to post in the capacity of a player as any other user on the forums: Remember that they are volunteers, and are players just like you. This means that outside their realm as a moderator, they are to be treated as you would treat any other player.

Please collect opinion and provide that feedback to Inno - and thank the people that have taken the time and effort to provide feedback,
The mods don't send this feedback back to inno, the community managers do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Harbinger963

Moderators can not remove the tag from their names when they post privately. The way I understand it is that the tag is added automatically when they receive the "privilege", and will be removed automatically when it is rescinded. Once a moderator is no longer a moderator, there is no way to tell from their posts that they ever were one.

Moderators are players who volunteer their time to help keep these forums running smoothly. If you have an issue with them, report them and it will be looked at by someone who actually works for InnoGames. Otherwise just knock it off, because you are the one who is coming off as abusive.

The title of this thread is "feedback"? Why is that feedback being challenged? You think that will change my opinion? I have read endless put down against people asking for logs. "Go back to GvG", "Communicate better", etc. I thought I was providing Inno with feedback, not trying to argue with a bunch of other players?

barra370804

The title of this thread is "feedback"? Why is that feedback being challenged? You think that will change my opinion? I had read endless put down against people asking for logs. "Go back to GvG", "Communicate better", etc. I thought I was providing Inno with feedback, not trying to argue with a bunch of other players?
You have no need to respond to their posts. If they disagree with something posted in the feedback thread, they should write about it! If no one speaks against it, Inno will think that the majority is for it. The feedback thread is for feedback to the changes, but it is also an evolving group discussion. Deal with it.

DeletedUser40996

The title of this thread is "feedback"? Why is that feedback being challenged? You think that will change my opinion? I have read endless put down against people asking for logs. "Go back to GvG", "Communicate better", etc. I thought I was providing Inno with feedback, not trying to argue with a bunch of other players?

If player x wants to turn GbG into an EXACT copy of GvG then player x shouldn't be that surprised that players y/z/1/2/3 etc that like the GbG just as they are are posting things like go back to GvG / Learn how to communicate better etc.

Raymora

If player x wants to turn GbG into an EXACT copy of GvG then player x shouldn't be that surprised that players y/z/1/2/3 etc that like the GbG just as they are are posting things like go back to GvG / Learn how to communicate better etc.
player y/z/1/2/3 do need to realize that INNO did create a guild vs guild battleground. There are going to be similarities to GvG since it's also a guild vs guild battle model. I agree it absolutely shouldn't be the same, but there are going to be changes that make sense where the idea may have been taken from GvG.

barra370804

New people? Really?
Yes, really. It's a simple fact that newcomers don't know the atmosphere of this forum. By "new people" I don't mean people with the rank of "new member" or "member" I mean people that have only recently started paying attention around here. It is really easy for a forum regular like myself to tell who has taken the time to observe before throwing their opinions and ideas at the wall and seeing what sticks.

Harbinger963

This is another example of a straw man. Who asked for this? no one.

Requests are being made for better logs.

Raymora

Yes, really. It's a simple fact that newcomers don't know the atmosphere of this forum. By "new people" I don't mean people with the rank of "new member" or "member" I mean people that have only recently started paying attention around here. It is really easy for a forum regular like myself to tell who has taken the time to observe before throwing their opinions and ideas at the wall and seeing what sticks.
No offense, but what you seem to call a forum regular is one of a small group who have a chip on their shoulder about Gvg. I say small because, the total number of people who post in the forum is quite small compared to the number who play the game. It seems more like you've taken over a corner and don't want to allow people to stand on your corner who don't believe what you do.

This forum is for players. A new person would be someone who is new to the game. If a player posts, especially in a thread asking players for feedback, who has played for 3, 4, 5 years or more, they shouldn't be put down or lessened by a forum regular!

Raymora

No confusion . It's about making GbG into an EXACT DAMN COPY of GvG which I'm ABSOLUTELY OPPOSED to . As I've pointed out I can be in game on any of my cities at weird times . If I want to do a couple of GbG fights or Negotiations I want to be able to (And I won't be able to if there's no flag planted and nobody around to plant one)
Changing topic? First you say we want only leader or founder to start battles on a province. Rather than respond to that, you try to imagine I said something else. You certainly seem confused to me

barra370804

No offense, but what you seem to call a forum regular is one of a small group who have a chip on their shoulder about Gvg. I say small because, the total number of people who post in the forum is quite small compared to the number who play the game. It seems more like you've taken over a corner and don't want to allow people to stand on your corner who don't believe what you do.
Nah, there are a lot of forum regulars who play GvG. I, for one, have never played GvG, and I don't know that I ever will. I don't know that many or any of us forum regulars have anything against GvG, but we don't want this new feature to become a copy of it. It's called "new" for a reason.
This forum is for players. A new person would be someone who is new to the game. If a player posts, especially in a thread asking players for feedback, who has played for 3, 4, 5 years or more, they shouldn't be put down or lessened by a forum regular!
Did I come across as saying you have little game knowledge? I believe I said you have little FORUM knowledge. An experienced forum poster would know that a mod has an unalienable right to agree or disagree with a layers post, and make their opinion heard. The yellow banner below their name means nothing when they speak as a player.

Raymora

Did I come across as saying you have little game knowledge? I believe I said you have little FORUM knowledge. An experienced forum poster would know that a mod has an unalienable right to agree or disagree with a layers post, and make their opinion heard. The yellow banner below their name means nothing when they speak as a player.
It's the game knowledge and suggestions that are being challenged and quite frankly bullied. Forum knowledge? I think you're making something up now lol

I guess I'm supposed to know what suggestions I shouldn't bring up right?

barra370804

It's the game knowledge and suggestions that are being challenged and quite frankly bullied.
You are right some suggestions are being shot down by players who disagree, and that's alright. Stick around, you'll develop tough skin.
Forum knowledge? I think you're making something up now lol
Become a well-known member through likes like I did, you will realize how wrong you are.
I guess I'm supposed to know what suggestions I shouldn't bring up right?
You want that? Here you are:

Super Catanian

You are right some suggestions are being shot down by players who disagree, and that's alright. Stick around, you'll develop tough skin.
As a Well-Known Member (and in the Notable Members list, I should add), I support this message.

Forum knowledge? I think you're making something up now lol
Reading back on posts that I made when I was still a New Member made me cringe, and I'm glad I earned the experience I did. Thanks to it, not only did I increase the number of messages I posted, but the number of people that liked my posts increased as well. Same thing happened with my followers. Age doesn't always mean experience (age of the person, obviously), but I'm quite positive that the longer you do something, the better you get at doing it.

On topic...
I like GBG.

barra370804

Reading back on posts that I made when I was still a New Member made me cringe, and I'm glad I earned the experience I did. Thanks to it, not only did I increase the number of messages I posted, but the number of people that liked my posts increased as well. Same thing happened with my followers. Age doesn't always mean experience (age of the person, obviously), but I'm quite positive that the longer you do something, the better you get at doing it.
This 100% applies to me.

Harbinger963

Actually I have a lot of forum knowledge. I can quite frankly say that without the forum I would not be playing - nor would I have able do what I have done. I have followed Stephen, LLQ, Cosmic Raven (yeah, I know) and many others over the years. Just never really felt the need to post before. I follow the beta, en/international as well as the us forums.

Your put downs and quips (shutup @harbinger963. Really?) don't really encourage people to make an effort to post. The are half a dozen regulars drowning out the voices of those that came to provide feedback. My response earlier today was because I read 5 pages of put downs and negative comments from the same 6 or 7 people flaming those asking for logs. If my response was incorrect, then I apologize. But I don't recall telling anyone else to shutup.

Graviton

There does seem to be too much arguing going on in a feedback thread. You should expect to have proposals and suggestions challenged, of course, but this is really a thread to state your opinion and then let it speak for itself. If you (generic you, no one in particular) are coming back to respond to every criticism, well then you're choosing to keep the argument going. And I agree that telling people to shut up is not kosher.

barra370804

But I don't recall telling anyone else to shutup.
You came damn close:
If the moderators want to provide feedback, then take "moderator" off your name or set up your own thread called "moderator feedback". But seeing moderators slamming such requests or using straw-man arguments about the person making such a request is a control freak, has a Napoleon complex, or some other negative attribute is both wrong and counter to the purpose of this thread.