• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Battlegrounds Arrival Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser38689

If someone is "attacking the so called ally" then find out why . Is there other sectors they can attack ??? Or is it a situation where you just want to coast and save resources ??? Maybe it's a quest the player is doing (it can be a pain beating 30 units just attacking neighbors and he might be done with GE and unwilling or unable to fight C-Map) . anyway it's up to guild leaders to figure out why x is rogue not inno
And how exactly do you find out who hits a sector in GBG if they don't tell you? There is no way....screenshots only work if they hit it while nobody is hitting another sector. Adding a log was just a suggestion to make things easier for guild leaders. Inno changes the game all the time, this wouldn't be the first quality of life improvement.

DeletedUser40996

While I would agree, what other than the graphics would change? Is it worth the development just for a different background graphic?
Different number of sectors different placement of sectors different sized sectors some combination of the three

DeletedUser37581

Different number of sectors different placement of sectors different sized sectors some combination of the three
Interestingly enough, it wouldn't require that much effort. The metadata defines the number of provinces and the neighbors of each province. A different map would mostly be the work of the graphics team, not the code-writers.

However, any new map would have to work best with 8 guilds as the major balancing of the feature is based on that.

What map shapes/sizes do you have in mind?

Sheriff Of Rottingham

Yes, I can imagine the outcry already about how unfair it is that one week you have x number of sectors and the next you have y number of sectors. Etc.
I wouldn't mind different map layouts.
  • Maybe a "tropical archipelago" where there are multiple islands all with core provinces. Think like Hawaii. People can island hop, but attrition has a chance to build faster on the first beachhead.
  • or a "Himalayas" map where you have impassable cliffs diverting you around a longer path.
  • or a "Great Plains" map where every province is lower in value, so no mad dash to the middle.
  • or a "Cyber warfare" map where you can hit people that aren't adjacent to you. I'm not sure how this one would work.
Just spitballin' folks! No more of this logs and leadership silliness.

DeletedUser30312

Well here's an interesting setup:

gbgstrategy.png

Yellow guild here is at 99/100 advances but not moving. They're probably waiting for my guild to start advancing on the province to the northwest, at which point they'd probably finish their province and wipe out our siege. Sneaky, but not a bad plan if they can pull it off. I think we're reaching a phase where the basic strategies have been figured out, and guilds are experimenting with more advanced approaches.

RazorbackPirate

We've got one of those going on one province. We have a guild with a flag partially filled at 15/100, we have a trap on it. They haven't advanced further and no one else dares as they're the dominant guild this round. We're happy to have it sit there that way and collect points. However, it does suck for the other guilds with a yearn for that province.

Wiping out advancements of other guilds has also been great fun. A great way to steal away a lot of hard work.

Last edited:

DeletedUser34480

Sneaky, but not a bad plan if they can pull it off. I think we're reaching a phase where the basic strategies have been figured out, and guilds are experimenting with more advanced approaches.
Doesn't look smart (I might be missing something). As of now, you're collecting points and their 99 tries are doing nothing :)) Just keep a status quo :)

RazorbackPirate

Doesn't look smart (I might be missing something). As of now, you're collecting points and their 99 tries are doing nothing :)) Just keep a status quo :)
It keeps the green guild from crossing that line. It's keeping them out of both territories. It's a great way to enforce a truce between guilds so another guild doesn't attempt an advance on the province. Smart.

Salsuero

You said we were all fighting for the top spot, that was me pointing out that that's not always true. Clearly there are plenty of people who choose to shoot for the top spot on their own. There are also plenty of reasons why a guild might not choose to go for 1st place (seems like sound logic to me)

Seems like it, sure. But everyone is fighting for the top spot. It's just not reasonable that everyone can expect to have a shot at it. Doesn't mean people go into it saying... let's shoot for 3rd this week, eh guys? No... everyone shoots for 1st and then comes to a realization sooner or later what is actually possible for the given week.

They did give us to tools to facilitate alliances. They put us on a battlefield where we can see who the other guilds are, as well as their positions.

That's not a tool to effect alliances. That's what you use to determine your guild's strategy.

They put us in leagues, where we can see who is in what league ahead of time.

Just because you can see who is in a league doesn't mean you'll be placed with them or that your or their league won't be different next week. That's hardly anything worth caring about from week to week other than to say "look at our guild" -- certainly not strategy-wise.

They gave us messages to be able to contact and facilitate relationships.

Those tools existed before GBg and are used for MANY other reasons. That's not a tool for effecting alliances.

An example of a tool would be some way to directly connect with a guild and to negotiate alliances from within GBg. There is no way of knowing who to contact (unless they tell you in their member note or guild description) and no way to directly mark an alliance on the map so all members clearly know who you are allied with. See the difference?

DeletedUser30312

For one, they were solidly in second, and we in fifth when I took that shot. They can afford to be patient and wait for one of us to get impatient and strike. It's longer term thinking than just grab every province. And like @RazorbackPirate said, there's some satisfaction in wasting another guild's efforts as well.

Emberguard

Screen shots. If someone is going rogue, all you need is screen shots...js.
Easier done in smaller guilds. Not so easy in 80 player guilds

Funny how that works. The better the leadership the lower the need for rules.

Until you realize that 'rogue' players are a problem with leadership you will continue to have problems.
Agreed to an extent. The better a leadership is able to work with the players the better those rules work. What I'm finding is explaining the reasons for our strategies in GBG is a great way for players to then follow better both when we're there and when we're absent. It's still not perfect but it's getting pretty close to it now that we've got a set "rule" of what to do with every sector.

Just to be clear, I'm not the leader of my guild. So you're saying that if 70 people are happy, and 1 person becomes unhappy and starts sabotaging relationships with other guilds... it's a leadership problem?

You guys ramble on about being great leaders, yet you provide no solution to the problem. So if you have a rogue member in your guild, and you have no idea who it is, then how would you solve the problem?

And yes, if I was the leader, and one person was making the other 70 people in my guild unhappy, I would most definitely boot them. That's what a good leader would do
And that's why logs would be good to have.

Mainly because we don't see it as a problem. That happens when you don't come from a GvG perspective.
Further up in the leagues you have to co-ordinate efficiently or you won't make it. It's not enough to just take sectors whenever you feel like it if you want to be the best in GBG. Unless you're the fasted rush sector guild out there you have to time when a sector is taken or you'll lose every time

If you can't differentiate between "a guild with rules" and a guild with absolute mandates and ruling with an iron fist, you have a problem. Let me give you an example from my now SEVEN YEAR OLD GUILD...
  1. Be respectful to everyone​
  2. Post fair trades​
  3. If you post in swap threads, contribute the corresponding amount​
  4. Don't waste the guild resources in GVG​
  5. Try to help in Sticks to Bricks​
  6. If there is a team activity, leadership will try to communicate the game plan, but as always, play at your own pace​
  7. HAVE FUN​
What your asking for:
  1. Do what I say, when I say, or I'll kick you​
Now hang on. Part of leadership is knowing when to fire someone from the position. They're either a good fit for the team or they're not. A good leadership will lead by giving instructions and expecting them to be followed. While I don't expect every leadership to be the same it's reasonable for them to seek out like minded people who are after the same end goal.

While micro management shouldn't be the goal the degree in which you'd need to co-ordinate to stay in higher ranks is a lot higher then if you're not caring about rank.

Look at what's above it and what they'll be looking to protect by taking Greys sector. See that green sector? They can't attack it until that lock is down. Those middle sectors are worth more then the rest. So if they wait they can set themselves up to take the middle. If they rush it they could end up having all their territory wiped out too quickly. But if they can set themselves up to continuously hold the middle then they'll gain more then taking everything as soon as it's available.

Grey can't move on Yellow's territory in that direction. So there's no risk in waiting closer to when Yellow will be staggering a defence of locked sectors. It ensures their re-entry into the middle is protected from that side. Once you can stagger the sectors no one can bump you out of the middle without waiting for every sector to be owned by the same owner. Which is why it's strategic to leave one or two sectors for an enemy (so you have somewhere to go)

Last edited:

DeletedUser40197

Seems like it, sure. But everyone is fighting for the top spot. It's just not reasonable that everyone can expect to have a shot at it. Doesn't mean people go into it saying... let's shoot for 3rd this week, eh guys? No... everyone shoots for 1st and then comes to a realization sooner or later what is actually possible for the given week.

Absolutely not true that every guild is going for 1st. There could be numerous reasons a guild wouldn't want to shoot for 1st... ex: if a guild is trying to get elevated to a higher league, they can't get there by taking 1st, but another guild in their league could. They would benefit by taking 2nd. Ex: you had a prior agreement with a guild and places were pre determined. Ex: many guilds just want to play, not with the goal of being 1st, they just want to enjoy the feature.

That's not a tool to effect alliances. That's what you use to determine your guild's strategy.

If an alliance isn't apart of a guilds strategy, idk the meaning of strategy, I guess. And I do, so you're wrong.

Just because you can see who is in a league doesn't mean you'll be placed with them or that your or their league won't be different next week. That's hardly anything worth caring about from week to week other than to say "look at our guild" -- certainly not strategy-wise.
And seeing who is in what league can absolutely mean you know who you will be placed with, typically if you're in a higher league. Im in Platinum and have been for 2 seasons and we have known ahead of time who we will be with each time. This strategy/tool would not work if you were in a lower league where there are more battlefields. And as the seasons progress, this may be a less certain way for us to see who we will be placed with. But for now it's a way for us to plan ahead. And other guilds, if they have the fore thought.

Those tools existed before GBg and are used for MANY other reasons. That's not a tool for effecting alliances.

With that line of reasoning, goods and troops existed prior to GBG, but they are utilized. They are also tools to be used within the feature. Just because they are pre existing, does not mean they cannot be utilized as tools.

An example of a tool would be some way to directly connect with a guild and to negotiate alliances from within GBg. There is no way of knowing who to contact (unless they tell you in their member note or guild description) and no way to directly mark an alliance on the map so all members clearly know who you are allied with. See the difference?

Directly connect with a guild? It sounds like you're describing a message or a thread... A message that can be used to negotiate alliances amongst guilds. As the system that is currently in place allows us to do... oh wait. I bet you mean the kind of messaging system that is used in GVG to facilitate alliances?
And on that note a tool is essentially an aid to assist with the task at hand. If these features are assisting with facilitating my alliances, they are now my tools.
I've had no issue figuring out who to contact to form co ops. And all you need to do is remember the name of the guild you have agreed to work with, no need for markers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Harbinger963

A suggestion: Every now and again, say every 5 seasons, hold a battle royal. After 4 days, the lowest guild gets booted. Every 24 hours, the bottom guild of those remaining gets booted until there are just two guilds left and they have the whole map to fight on. It will keep things interesting through out the season and make the dynamics of the map and guilds participating kind of interesting...

For those that keep talking about map changes, maybe you should get promoted and see what goes on... yeah, the map changes. While the graphic is the same, the sector points, building slots, and number of fights required per sector change.

As I said on probably one of my posts that got deleted - too many people opining here, and not enough playing the game.

RazorbackPirate

A suggestion: Every now and again, say every 5 seasons, hold a battle royal. After 4 days, the lowest guild gets booted. Every 24 hours, the bottom guild of those remaining gets booted until there are just two guilds left and they have the whole map to fight on. It will keep things interesting through out the season and make the dynamics of the map and guilds participating kind of interesting...
Unless you're a guild that gets booted. Truly crap idea. And that's opined from someone in platinum league playing on a diamond map. Yes, someone who's actually playing the game.