• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Battlegrounds Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser13759

MY ACHING BACK!! You are destroying what was a good game. You are turning this from fun to WORK! WE already have a ton of stuff to be done every day:
-Aid over 100 friends
-Visit over 100 Taverns
-Aid over 70 guild members
-Aid (or attack) about 80 Hood members
-Fight (or negotiate) a bunch of Guild Expedition encounters -- FOUR levels!
-Continue construction of a Viking Settlement that will go POOF! and disappear
-Collect from all your buildings
-Re-start all of your production times
-Chasing the daily challenge objectives to get rewards
-Progress thru the tech tree to age up
-Send out the boat to gather Promecium gems
-Help the guild fight in GVG, which means an hour a day just for this, at 8:00 EST
-The Spring Event, Summer Event, Carnival Event, Haloween Event, Winter Event, ad nauseum....

You people are KILLING this game! And why brag about getting Prestige Points? They are WORTHLESS because my guild has been accumulating them for a year with NO BENEFIT because we've been maxed out, and you keep saying "We're working on it..." Well - We don't believe you.
PLEASE don't turn this game from a fun pastime to a burdensome CHORE. STOP!!!! Fix the bugs in GVG, which you've know about for YEARS and are still not addressed.

Algona

If only 5% of the community play GvG anyway, I think it would make the game simpler to just let that whole thing go the way of all things (ie. into the trash hopper). It was tried and found wanting.

I am assuming that since they start with stating that only 5% of players are involved in gvg that this is intent on killing gvg down the line. Otherwise why bother.

These are samples of two types of posts I've seen in this thread. One group thinks GBattles is a sign INNO is trying to get rid of GvG, another group thinks INNO should get rid of GvG.

Neither group is thinking this through.

INNO can pull the plug any time it wants on GvG. After all only 5% of players play GvG. And yet they don't. Instead INNO plans to spend money on some GvG improvements despite saying they won't be offering GvG to mobile, thus ignoring a huge chunk of their player base. Why would any rational profit driven company do such a thing? Either INNO is irrational (10 years of increasing revenue say otherwise) or...

That 5% is spending money, more then the cost of maintaining and improving GvG.

INNO is saying loud and clear they want to keep the GvGers spending while also tapping into a new revenue stream.

EDIT: Pretty much agree with this, although i wouldn;t go so far as to agree that GvGers spend the most, nor would I argue against it, we just don;t know.

Any new idea to enhance the game playing experience is exciting. However, I am personally a bit let down on Inno's idea to increase that 5% number of GvG fighters. Obviously the reason that number is so low is because of mobile players.

I have zero data to back up this assumption, but I'm still going to throw it out there... GvG fighters spend more diamonds than any other player in the game. A new world opens up, and I guarantee players are spending to take land. A huge war breaks out, guarantee players are spending diamonds on Carousels, healing troops, etc.

Last edited:

DeletedUser25166

your 5% stat is wrong. You are using total players on servers, not active players. stop trying to fudge the numbers, most of your Diamond players do GvG

DeletedUser37581

MY ACHING BACK!! You are destroying what was a good game. You are turning this from fun to WORK! WE already have a ton of stuff to be done every day:
My aching back is right. Just because a game offers a variety of activities to engage in, do you somehow think it is necessary to do ALL of them? Use a bit of discernment and decide which features you enjoy and do those - leave the rest for other players.

michaeld73

Do we really need ANOTHER thing to do? You already have too much fluff crap to do...maybe get rid of settlements and 1/2 the events you have, and players would have more time for GvG.

85gt

Any new idea to enhance the game playing experience is exciting. However, I am personally a bit let down on Inno's idea to increase that 5% number of GvG fighters. Obviously the reason that number is so low is because of mobile players.

I have zero data to back up this assumption, but I'm still going to throw it out there... GvG fighters spend more diamonds than any other player in the game. A new world opens up, and I guarantee players are spending to take land. A huge war breaks out, guarantee players are spending diamonds on Carousels, healing troops, etc.

That being said, I'm disappointed that we aren't addressing real issues with the GvG:
- The lag is outrageous at recalc
- There are clear cheaters using scripts unbalancing the game
- No mobile
- As mentioned several times, there is no incentive to fight lower age maps since the prestige is so low
- Everyone has waited patiently for AF, OF, VF, and soon SAM GvG maps to open up and you aren't even considering this option because of a flawed GvG design? If newer ages weren't taken into account, it's a flawed design

The issue that bothers me the most is the clear cheating that has been massively reported in multiple worlds. It's impossible to relay a siege is .1 seconds considering it requires multiple clicks of the mouse. So, in summary, there is active cheating in the game but Inno wants to enhance GvG by adding new guild features? Come on, man...
Why so many think other guilds are cheating, fast IP and a touch screen for your PC and your called a cheater.

DeletedUser33529

Why so many think other guilds are cheating, fast IP and a touch screen for your PC and your called a cheater.

We have found the script those other guilds are using to cheat. Our guild does not use it as we will not join the cheaters. There is no way humanly possible that someone can lay a resiege instantly with out the script. You think a fast IP and touch screen can make instant sieges possible? That's laughable.

85gt

My thinking is fix what you have, The big spenders of $$$ is for GvG so I think your working the wrong direction.
I like the idea of several recalc times for GvG, GE as far as I care get rid of it.
This is not sim city, this game has troops for fighting.

DeletedUser39797

I'm really excited for this new add on! I mostly play on mobile, and I've always wanted to be able to participate in something like gvg, so this seems really fun and a great new way to participate more in your guild without playing pc version

85gt

We have found the script those other guilds are using to cheat. Our guild does not use it as we will not join the cheaters. There is no way humanly possible that someone can lay a resiege instantly with out the script. You think a fast IP and touch screen can make instant sieges possible? That's laughable.
What is laughable is your slow and you don`t like it if someone is faster than you

DeletedUser13056

"Besides that, and over the next few months, we will, however, spend additional time to improve the technical stability of GvG, because the efforts we put into analysis the whole topic made some good improvements visible, that we would like to implement for you."

That's exactly what they say they'll be doing over the next couple of Months.
The issue is this means the emphasis is on yet another new feature they hope will placate those who do love GvG, meaning another band-aid on existing issues instead of the admittedly barely hoped-for actual fix for GvG. We were promised this would be the year Inno addressed the problems of GvG and instead it's another year of another add-on that holds no real interest for those of us who are in this game for GvG. The very complexity Inno calls an issue is the complexity that made this game stand out over others many of us keep trying. When we're "at peace", our guild chat dies and our team-building and interaction with other guilds slows. Yeah, we do contests and social threads, but frankly, we never have as much fun as when we're in a war. GE is a sad imitation and in my opinion, destroys the very bonds we build over GvG. Kicking players because they "cost us a trophy" due to a sick child or other real life issues...insane!
Sounds like this new feature will do the same. Many of the 5% have already been looking for a new game and another skirt around GvG may be the final kick to an inferior game just because this one has abandoned what made it worth playing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dbrdmkr

While the concept is interesting. It is not something either of the guilds i run the members would probably even try. I have tried GvG in the past. It uses too many resources, too much time, and to me has no incentive for doing the previously mentioned.
This concept sounds slightly better. And for those people "into" major battleing great - they may have face time to sit in front of a computer for hours doing this feature. I think it may drag down the current data base for nothing though, as those that play GvG will continue - those that do not, will ( I think), after the first flurry of newness not play this aspect either. Though I have often wondered." F.o E. Forge of empires. Building from the stone age to the Future. " Building! Where does that change to fighting plundering, attacks, and GvG? Do the peaceful players need yet another batteling, attacking, plundering, defending aspect of a building game? Ge is is fine as it takes nothing from any other player. It rewards the individual and requires a team effort for the guild. No other fighting system in the Forge world truely promotes team work, but rather in-house fighting between members, and guilds. I believe you would do better to focus on a new aspect of building in the game. That is what the game ads promotes.

DeletedUser39094

If the new feature can be controlled by gangs of large guilds and small guilds have no opportunity to play and enjoy some level of success, it will fail and will remain at 10%.

There is also a need not to make FOE all about battles. What makes it more interesting than the "war-like games" is it's complexity, balance and nuance.

DeletedUser29794

Interesting concept
What I would like to see is that the battle time is not linked to server time and allows people from different timezone to play for the guild
Yes lets have fighting take place at any time, the whole "fight at recalc" thing kills it, as you said peeps from different time zones need to be able to participate.

DeletedUser33529

What is laughable is your slow and you don`t like it if someone is faster than you

What world do you play on? Let's see if your stats back up your ridiculous accusation. I play on V World -- name is the same.

I do see one 85gt ranked 6,906 with 640 battles. You definitely scary, bro.

DeletedUser18799

After reading the entire proposal, all I can say is, we will see how it plays out. Personally I liked GvG but Inno seemed to have given up on improving it, or fixing it's problems, after the AA map came out.
Let's just hope this is not just another game feature that is started, and not followed up on

i2McAbre

As I have read from many who have replied... There is great concern that a system be included to ensure live players (only) are actually "physically" present and playing themselves and that they are not utilizing bots or click scripts.

Having said that. What systems are being considered to keep the cheaters out of the game? I suggested an incorporated check system in the beta forum. Which randomly opens a window each hour that requires live interaction. It is hosted/maintained by an outside provider.

I'm sure there is a cost involved. But there is an even greater cost involved in development that tanks... New players "NEED" instant gratification these days, and with attention spans lasting the length of a micro-purchase? Your player churn will be huge then waver and the whales will rule the ocean once again. Unless your focus includes dealing with the cheaters.

Without proper cheat blocking? I would never participate. Also if your goal is outright war and massive aggression? There are enough of those games and that is not why I enjoy playing this one.

I just quit playing a game which had that as its focus. All the guilds fought each other till only one remained. Friends battled friends, allies became enemies and friendships were lost. All so that each kingdom had one king to rule them all. But wait... There were numerous kingdoms on each server and the next step? Was for individual kingdoms to battle each other on server/ cross server...

I was attracted to this game by the thought of building and evolving a civilization... If I wanted a game where I would need to become "Primeval Vulcan's" vs "Prehistoric Klingon's"? I would play a game where that was the focus...

This whole bait and switch mentality of online games is irritating as heck... And sooner, rather than later, some regulating source is going to be made aware of the fact that games are advertised like "This" and when you install them? They turn into something completely different.

Just watch the ads in the Google Play Store... Then try the games... Then tell me which ones deceived you... I haven't found one that doesn't...

DeletedUser13967

There is a game out there called Conquer Club...a game closely associated to RISK.
(https://www.conquerclub.com/)
Up to 8 players can play and have a time allotted when there turn comes up and can make an attack.
If this system can be adopted to guilds....example, as A guild attacks us then B guild has up to say 6 hours to retaliate...by any guild member, thus allowing all players from different time zones to participate, it could make it really interesting.
One big problem with GVG is gathering enough guild members at the proper time to do attacks.
Time differences, work schedules etc.
I cannot fight at 8PM every night, I have to leave for work by 9:30pm.
When I get home most everyone else is at work...
Your new concept seems interesting though....

Status
Not open for further replies.