• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Battlegrounds Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser38441

I'm starting to get anxiety with all the concurrent responsibilities in the game. When I joined 4 years ago, what I liked most about the game was that we could enjoy the game passively without it taking too much time out the day. The reliable progress kept me engaged all this time. But you're adding way too many things to manage now. Settlements was fun at first, but as it progresses the speed is too fast to be able to manage even if checking almost hourly. I just gave up and am not worrying about the time anymore and just taking my time now. No game should have to be checked every hour of your waking life. And still not be able to get the reward. GE was a fun addition. Again, you can time it out over the week. Now the HC castle is forcing me to battle 9 times a day to make it worthwhile. And events seem to be hitting at a much more frequent pace. While all this new content is exciting, I'm starting to get overwhelmed with the commitment and am now finding myself playing sometimes 4 hours a day. It's exhausting and can't be maintained in the same way I've enjoyed it over the past 4 years. If you add yet ANOTHER feature that the game and my guildmates will expect of me, I can assure you I will get burned out very quickly.

DeletedUser38441

Also, it sounds like the problem is GvG, but you're not replacing it? Just ADDING another guild responsibility? How is this fixing things? It's just yet a third thing that the guild will be creating stress for on their members. It's already hard enough to get 80 people to participate with what's there as it is.

OkiePride

Myself and several others play FOE purely for the GvG experience and have for several years. This sounds like you are taking a highly enjoyable element of the game and making it into a puffed up version of GE. I assume this means you will be replacing the current GvG with this new system? If that is incorrect then that's good but if it's accurate then the awesome GvG element will sadly be lost. This new system removes all strategic elements that we've all enjoyed for several years. Not impressed with this so-called month's long study where you seem to have not talked to people who actually play GvG. Sure there are no in-game tutorials but that doesn't stop us from training new people to play GvG. To simply say that it won't be taken to mobile because you feel it won't be played is a slap in the face to all of us who do play it and use alternative browsers to enable mobile users to play it. Coming out with new maps to use with advanced troops would make it relevant and enjoyable but instead, you just say 'it's complicated'.

I couldn't agree more. Part of the reason GvG participation has dwindled is because of GE. All the focus has been on mobile upgrades and now you tell us its not worth it to do GvG on mobile? Those of us that have played for years deserve better. I know I speak for a lot of folks when I say if GvG goes away then so will a lot of players.

DeletedUser35719

I think its a good idea to try making GVG available and more user friendly to other players. I would hope the new feature makes it easier for smaller guilds, big guilds have so many goods giving them a big advantage even though most of them dont play GVG.

Algona

GVG is dying and has been for years -

Then why does recallc lag last longer then ever? More players with more torpps fighting more battles.

How can you trust your own numbers if the majority of your purported "players" are abandoned accounts?

Becuase those abandoned accounts are not spending money? INNO knows exactly who buys Duamonds and knows exacrlty how those players spend those Diamonds.

----------

INNo has experienced ten straight years of increasing revenue. They understand their market better then we do, they know exactly how we spend our money.

Assuming INNO is financially incpmpetent leads to really silly conclusions as demonstrated all though this thread.

Any major aspect of this game is there because INNO will make money out of it.

More Events with ever better Prizes? Settlements? Not throwing out GvG instead pathcing it? Guild Battlements? GE? More worlds, more Eras? So GvGewrs. as long as you keep paying, INNO will keep GvG cranking. As lonf as folk buy 10 copies of the latest Event Prize we'll keep getting Events.

And you can bet that the moment a major aspect of the game stops being profitable, it will be eased out of the game.

Once you understand that INNO knows us better then we do, that INNO is going to extract maximum revenue, and that they are damn good at doing so then the reasons for all their decisions become clear.

puzzle63

It's sad that you won't be adding GVG to Mobile. I have tons on people in my guild that have been waiting for it to come out on mobile just so they can play GVG. Now your coming out with something of a combo GE and GVG. From what I read it's going to "Cost" you more goods to keep these provinces by "building thing". What they are. We have know clue yet and what the cost will be. You talked about not advancing the GVG map past AA. But you keep adding more Era's. What good are all AF,OF,VF goods if we can't use them for something. Are we going to be able to use these goods in the new Battlegrounds? Because you have a lot of Big player that can take them provinces without even trying. Then hold them for 10 days. So it would be just like GVG. So I don't see a advantage to the smaller players here.

DeletedUser26263

Then why does recallc lag last longer then ever? More players with more torpps fighting more battles.

Becuase those abandoned accounts are not spending money? INNO knows exactly who buys Duamonds and knows exacrlty how those players spend those Diamonds.

----------

INNo has experienced ten straight years of increasing revenue. They understand their market better then we do, they know exactly how we spend our money.

Assuming INNO is financially incpmpetent leads to really silly conclusions as demonstrated all though this thread.

More Events with ever better Prizes? Settlements? Not throwing out GvG instead pathcing it? Guild Battlements? GE? More worlds, more Eras? So GvGewrs. as long as you keep paying, INNO will keep GvG cranking. As lonf as folk buy 10 copies of the latest Event Prize we'll keep getting Events.

And you can bet that the moment a major aspect of the game stops being profitable, it will be eased out of the game.

Once you understand that INNO knows us better then we do, that INNO is going to extract maximum revenue, and that they are damn good at doing so then the reasons for all their decisions become clear.

I agree 50% here -- this is about profit. And it should be. I don't take that away from them at all.

That said, they are leaving a lot of unfinished things on deck. And I will keep saying this and hopefully someone there hears me -- YOU WILL LOSE THIS GAME ENTIRELY IF YOU DO NOT FIX THE HTML VERSION. When Flash ends next year, it will be the only option other than mobile apps, which are (by their own admission) limited in function. The HTML version is too buggy, too slow. Features do not work. Priorities folks -- fix that first. It will end the game for a big chunk of your base if you don't.

Where I disagree with Inno's strategy is their almost total focus on the fast buck. They have been dangling shiny objects in the form of events to entice diamond buying, satiating the short-term players. I strongly suspect that with all the "features" now in this game, its level of complexity many new folks simply find it too much and leave. My evidence? See earlier posts. 70% of the listed accounts are DEAD and have never been purged. This is not sustainable nor prudent. And sooner or later you will run out of newbies to suck $50 from (and then leave the game). You have to pay attention to the long-term folks too.

Don't drink your own Kool-Aid too much Inno. I have watched plenty of other games make this mistake -- and they are now GONE as a result. For all its flaws, I like FOE too much to want to see that happen.

DeletedUser38934

The main issue I see with this is the 'why did I bother even building my city' of it all. People spend time upgrading their bonuses to use them, not for them to be irrelevant to the part of the game that in theory would revolve around them. It sounds like you want "settlements-GvG" where it's a stupid little sidegame that you can't improve on with your main city but that gives rewards for your main city. which you care about because... ? While I understand in this world of extreme GBs making an isolated world they can't impact has a certain amount of appeal to it in order to avoid the balancing difficulties over the wide gulf between the haves and have nots, it is still very important that your city still matters for something.

you could keep the fighters in their own age/era bracket thats always an option. And keep the great buildings at full power.

DeletedUser26263

I agree 50% here -- this is about profit. And it should be. I don't take that away from them at all.

That said, they are leaving a lot of unfinished things on deck. And I will keep saying this and hopefully someone there hears me -- YOU WILL LOSE THIS GAME ENTIRELY IF YOU DO NOT FIX THE HTML VERSION. When Flash ends next year, it will be the only option other than mobile apps, which are (by their own admission) limited in function. The HTML version is too buggy, too slow. Features do not work. Priorities folks -- fix that first. It will end the game for a big chunk of your base if you don't.

Where I disagree with Inno's strategy is their almost total focus on the fast buck. They have been dangling shiny objects in the form of events to entice diamond buying, satiating the short-term players. I strongly suspect that with all the "features" now in this game, its level of complexity many new folks simply find it too much and leave. My evidence? See earlier posts. 70% of the listed accounts are DEAD and have never been purged. This is not sustainable nor prudent. And sooner or later you will run out of newbies to suck $50 from (and then leave the game). You have to pay attention to the long-term folks too.

Don't drink your own Kool-Aid too much Inno. I have watched plenty of other games make this mistake -- and they are now GONE as a result. For all its flaws, I like FOE too much to want to see that happen.

... and incidentally, let's assume I am wrong here. For argument's sake. That leaves three major questions:

1. WHY ARE YOU LEAVING SO MANY DEAD ACCOUNTS IN THE SERVERS?
2. HOW WILL THIS NEW GVG MODEL WORK IF THE HTML VERSION IS NOT FIXED?
3. ARE YOU PLANNING TO MAKE THE GAME MOBILE-ONLY AT SOME POINT? WILL THAT WORK?

Think about it.

qaccy

I'm not sure I agree with this here. I've been playing FoE for the majority of nearly 6 years now, and I'm still spending diamonds regularly - both purchased diamonds and the ones I earn for free from Guild Expeditions. I think long-term players are pretty well paid attention to and taken care of by being able to amass large quantities of free diamonds via Wishing Wells, Fountains of Youth, and Guild Expeditions on multiple servers. It's easier than ever before for someone who sticks around long enough to acquire enough diamonds for whatever they may need them for without ever actually buying any. In this regard, FoE is probably one of the best games on the market in terms of providing its premium currency through simply playing the game, and not absolutely gouging you for it.

Anyway, I've been using the HTML version since it was first made available and while it has had issues here and there, ever since its release it's always performed better overall for me than the Flash version. It probably depends more on the one using it than anything, which is also the case with the Flash version. I know people like to come in and tout how 'amazing' their device is whenever someone tries to say that the game runs like crap, but the fact of the matter is that if it's running fine for somebody else, the issue has to be on your end somehow.

DeletedUser29737

More troops is not why reset recalc takes longer - it is the server code and the net code. Its subpar at best and the programmer who wrote the gvg code is no longer with us and I would wager the code is not well documented.

From innogames OWN press release on Feb 2018: "Its flagship titles Forge of Empires and Elvenar saw revenue increases of 36%, with mobile as the main growth drivers." All that matters to innogames is mobile players and has been for some time. GVG is a browser base activity that has zero microtransaction generation for them except people diamond healing. Dont be fooled into thinking this is anything for our benefit. Once this new gvg system becomes common and used to it they will "retire" gvg because "the vast majority of the player base doesn't use it".

DeletedUser26263

I'm not sure I agree with this here. I've been playing FoE for the majority of nearly 6 years now, and I'm still spending diamonds regularly - both purchased diamonds and the ones I earn for free from Guild Expeditions. I think long-term players are pretty well paid attention to and taken care of by being able to amass large quantities of free diamonds via Wishing Wells, Fountains of Youth, and Guild Expeditions on multiple servers. It's easier than ever before for someone who sticks around long enough to acquire enough diamonds for whatever they may need them for without ever actually buying any. In this regard, FoE is probably one of the best games on the market in terms of providing its premium currency through simply playing the game, and not absolutely gouging you for it.

Anyway, I've been using the HTML version since it was first made available and while it has had issues here and there, ever since its release it's always performed better overall for me than the Flash version. It probably depends more on the one using it than anything, which is also the case with the Flash version. I know people like to come in and tout how 'amazing' their device is whenever someone tries to say that the game runs like crap, but the fact of the matter is that if it's running fine for somebody else, the issue has to be on your end somehow.

Have you tried copy and paste in the HTML version lately? Just one example.

I have members in guilds in 20 worlds in this game and I am reporting what I am told. Some of my own experiences are similar to yours Qaccy -- but I have one hell of a computer. Not everyone else does. As for the "paying attention to long-term members" again I want to reiterate that I am thrilled to see them do ANYHTING AT ALL to GvG. It's long overdue. SO OK. Just replace your divots Inno on the issues left out there.

And one added item -- as a Guild Founder I have a personal request. Please, God please stop adding responsibilities to Guild Founders and Leaders through all these new "features". Please. It's getting ridiculous to keep track of it all. SIMPLIFY. Pretty please with sugar on it make it easier for those of us who work (for free) to keep players in the game.

DeletedUser

One thing that is reinforced by reading through this thread is the disconnect between the GvG diehards and the reality of how the game and player base has evolved. They truly believe that they finance the game for everyone else, with no evidence, and they believe that the rest of us would be heavy GvGers too if only Inno would fix it and bring it to mobile, also with no evidence. Personally, I have avoided GvG even though I never experienced lag or other performance issues and despite the fact that I play mostly on PC. And I know there are many, many players like me in that.

DeletedUser

You are wrong. It's just an excuse to say that smaller guilds cannot be successful at GvG. They can. Again, I am a member of a 2 person guild that just kicked a 65 person guild off the map and sit now where they sat just a few days ago.
Anyone who is familiar with GvG knows that you were only able to do this because the 65 member guild "let" you. Meaning that if they had actively wanted to stop you, they would have. I notice also that you don't mention how many tiles they had. That's interesting.

DeletedUser38934

One thing that is reinforced by reading through this thread is the disconnect between the GvG diehards and the reality of how the game and player base has evolved. They truly believe that they finance the game for everyone else, with no evidence, and they believe that the rest of us would be heavy GvGers too if only Inno would fix it and bring it to mobile, also with no evidence. Personally, I have avoided GvG even though I never experienced lag or other performance issues and despite the fact that I play mostly on PC. And I know there are many, many players like me in that.

Anyone who is familiar with GvG knows that you were only able to do this because the 65 member guild "let" you. Meaning that if they had actively wanted to stop you, they would have. I notice also that you don't mention how many tiles they had. That's interesting.

i like ur style. i also think a lot of these complainers should read Harrison Burgeron the way things are going now I think they took it out of the curriculum. People feel to entitled and its easier to complain then fight and compete. Also what ya think about my idea for an entirely new way in GvG PvP to attract mobile users?

DeletedUser23634

lol you have no clue im the 2nd person we can destroy most guilds lol
we are both in the top 20 players in rugnar and now what were doing

HARLEYJIM

So, I like the concept, but the mechanic that really turns me off of GvG is still present in the Battleground which is that it's a race. So people will just Autobattle to win as many battles as quickly as possible. Negotiating won't even be a thing because it takes WAY too long. Unfortunately, that just turns this part of the game into a meat grinder rather than anything fun to play. And if you're going to have a mechanism where territory can be lost in real time, you need an alert that goes out to all the guild members that one of their positions is under attack. And maybe if there's mutliple guilds vying for the same spots, maybe it's a question of battle points scored by the guild on that position. So everyone has the opportunity to fight through the same set of battles in a given position and at recalc, the guild with the most collective battle points on that tile (to use GvG terms) claims it. At which point all point totals are reset to 0 and the battles can start anew.

DeletedUser23634

oh they had 26 tiles loaded lol in fe

Liberty

lol. Something that you have already admitted you know very little about. Thank you for making my point, Stephen. :)

It seems to me that the people who are so eager to dump GvG one, never played, are not interested in spending the time to learn how to play it effectively, are not willing to spend the time/effort to build up their cities and hone their fighting skills and then are those who sucked at it, and just want it to go away, because well, they sucked at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.