• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Battlegrounds Progress

UBERhelp1

On my main, we are up against the top buyer guilds, so we are basically letting them fight each other and picking up the pieces. Once they move out we will dominate :)

Super Catanian

No treaties made for my Guild. Yet...
However, I am offering a prize of 50 FP to each of the top 3 participating players by the end of the current GBG. I got the suggestion from someone in a chat thread (thanks, FancyTimo), and I decided to do it to encourage participation. I am in a somewhat relaxed Guild (100 on the ranking list), but, who knows?

barra370804

My guild (gold league) is dominating!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-11-18 at 10.48.31 AM.png
    Screenshot 2019-11-18 at 10.48.31 AM.png
    724.3 KB · Views: 42

Kranyar the Mysterious

No treaties made for my Guild. Yet...
However, I am offering a prize of 50 FP to each of the top 3 participating players by the end of the current GBG. I got the suggestion from someone in a chat thread (thanks, FancyTimo), and I decided to do it to encourage participation. I am in a somewhat relaxed Guild (100 on the ranking list), but, who knows?
I've been thinking about doing something similar in a guild I run, but making it for people who didn't participate the prior week or two.

barra370804

I've been thinking about doing something similar in a guild I run, but making it for people who didn't participate the prior week or two.
The treaty we did totally held us back, we allied with the second place guild, who we could have dominated. It was a stupid choice on our part, and we almost lost first place because of it. Be careful who you sign treaties with, and breaking them after some time may be wise.

Kranyar the Mysterious

The treaty we did totally held us back, we allied with the second place guild, who we could have dominated. It was a stupid choice on our part, and we almost lost first place because of it. Be careful who you sign treaties with, and breaking them after some time may be wise.

Oh, I wasn't talking about treaties, won't do one I don't think. I was talking about the reward incentive to get guildmates participating.

(edit - fixed quote)

Last edited:

Triopoly Champion

I fought an excellent battle in GBG this early morning for 9 reasons -

1. I didn't use any Colonial Champions in this battle.
2. It was a quiet early morning and all of my opponents were sleeping.
3. I didn't need to activate any additional attack boosts.
4. I took Zero damage after the 2 enemy waves.
5. There were plenty of swampy lands to slow down the enemy troop advancements.
6. @Stephen Longshanks said: "I told you never used Field Guns against Rangers."
7. @Stephen Longshanks said: "You didn't use Champions to defeat Rangers, you used the Rogues which was what everyone else could do."
8. The 2nd enemy wave had only 5 units compare to 8 units in Colonial GE Encounter #64.
9. The enemy boost was exactly 90%, so the same as Colonial GE Encounter #64.
Forge of Empires - Field Guns vs 90% Boosted Enemies.jpg

DeletedUser

I fought an excellent battle in GBG this early morning for 9 reasons -

1. I didn't use any Colonial Champions in this battle.
2. It was a quiet early morning and all of my opponents were sleeping.
3. I didn't need to activate any additional attack boosts.
4. I took Zero damage after the 2 enemy waves.
5. There were plenty of swampy lands to slow down the enemy troop advancements.
6. @Stephen Longshanks said: "I told you never used Field Guns against Rangers."
7. @Stephen Longshanks said: "You didn't use Champions to defeat Rangers, you used the Rogues which was what everyone else could do."
8. The 2nd enemy wave had only 5 units compare to 8 units in Colonial GE Encounter #64.
9. The enemy boost was exactly 90%, so the same as Colonial GE Encounter #64.
View attachment 14420
I'm responding to this post for two reasons.
1. Out of 13 enemy units there were only two Rangers, and you had 4 Rogues with your Field Guns. And all the other enemy units were at a great disadvantage against the Field Gun/Rogue combination. So it is stretching it quite a bit to characterize this battle as "Field Guns against Rangers".
2. I am sick of you trying to provoke me with your Champions obsession. Only use my name like that if you have a question for me. (And not if the question is about Champions.)

Triopoly Champion

I'm responding to this post for two reasons.
1. Out of 13 enemy units there were only two Rangers, and you had 4 Rogues with your Field Guns. And all the other enemy units were at a great disadvantage against the Field Gun/Rogue combination. So it is stretching it quite a bit to characterize this battle as "Field Guns against Rangers".
Only 2 Rangers qualify to be the plural which my field guns have to fight against.

Just imagine how this battle would so much be different if those 2 enemy Rangers were replaced with 2 Dragoons. Anyway 2 Dragoons maybe a bit too weak, but you won't want me to say 1 Dragoon + 1 ___________ ___________. To be more specific, Dragoons will attack rogues 1st before hitting my Field Guns, but.....

As long as I can lure the enemy rangers out of their favorite forests, my 4 Field Guns + 4 Rogues will be able to defeat 4 Rangers + 4 Field Guns (90% boosted)

Since surrender then re-fight won't cost any attempts in GBG unlike GE, It's always possible to get the map layout I desire for, the 4 enemy Rangers may not able to even hide in the forests which my Field Guns + Rogues can easily wipe them out.

Last edited:

Triopoly Champion

I just broke my own records, beating 2 more 100% boosted Rangers with my 4 Field Guns + 4 Rogues -
Forge of Empires - Field Guns vs 100% Boosted Rangers.jpg

Had good luck with my musketeers too -
Forge of Empires - Musketeers vs Rangers 120%.jpg

Super Catanian

I just now received 50 Ferroconcrete. Considering that is a Good that is lacking a bit in my current stock, a most welcome gift indeed!

DeletedUser37581

631 successful negotiations/299 failed negotiations (0 fights)
200 - Fragments
114 - 5 FPs
12 - 15 Diamonds
9 - 10% Attack boost
11 - 20% Attack boost
12 - 10 goods
8 - 50 goods
13 - 1 unit
14 - 5 units
soh.png

Salsuero

I got up to 100 attrition once and called it a goal never to be completed again! LOL It was fun to hit it once, though. The 1,750% attack penalty made me laugh pretty hard. I don't even think my Rogues would've been able to take one tick off the weakest units at that level.