• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Battlegrounds Progress

Salsuero

Guessing but maybe it's the League level? I get 3 FP in the Silver League, 5 FP in the two Gold Leagues.

You must be in silver league.

Well, that's pretty interesting. I'm not sure why our guild is only silver, though. We're a top 20 guild. The #8 guild is also silver league. All the rest of the top 20 are gold. Makes no sense to me when there are guilds that aren't even top 100 that are gold.

Super Catanian

When one of your Provinces has two Buildings (a Statue and Traps) but you forget to destroy them before the enemy can conquer said Province and they get to keep both Buildings...
25% chance of that happening.

DeletedUser31540

Excited about moving up to gold league ! 5 fps is way more exciting than 3 and ive been loving the 3 fp rewards !!!

I have 290 fights and 290 negotiations and our guild is up 34-2-1-1-1-1 lol !!!

DeletedUser37581

Well, that's pretty interesting. I'm not sure why our guild is only silver, though. We're a top 20 guild. The #8 guild is also silver league. All the rest of the top 20 are gold. Makes no sense to me when there are guilds that aren't even top 100 that are gold.
I agree that some of the mechanics to determine the initial Battlegrounds rankings (MMR) don't seem to make sense. However, outside of the top 10-20 guilds, guild level has more of an impact on global guild ranking than anything else, and guild level was not one of the factors involved in determining the initial MMR. Guild size was one of the factors, and most likely those lowly ranked guilds that are in gold league all have 75+ members.

DeletedUser37581

Nope. Several have half that and one has just 11 members... which is fewer than we have. How does #72 belong in gold, but #71 doesn't?

View attachment 14431
No idea. The breakdown of the initial MMR isn't something that I've pinned down, nor will I spend any amount of time on it as it is a 1-time calculation that doesn't affect the ranking going forward. My best guess would be 2-week GE activity.

RazorbackPirate

Regardless, it's irrelevant. No one's going to change the league they started in, and from here out it's about performance. Leagues should sort themselves out pretty quickly.

Emberguard

Nope. Several have half that and one has just 11 members... which is fewer than we have. How does #72 belong in gold, but #71 doesn't?

View attachment 14431
# of members effects the MMR rating.

So it's possible if they do just as well in GE as you and neither do GvG that your guild is on the very edge of being in Gold league while their numbers put them just over enough to be in Gold league

This is of course speculation. I don't know how well either guild did in GE/GvG in the two weeks leading upto GBG's release

DeletedUser11609

GB is nothing but a new way to soak up resources to hope people will spend money. No guild without a high level of stocked up players, or cash players can compete. And most players will be forced to choose between GE/GB, because there isn't enough troops and goods to go around. Add to that that GB rewards really don't stack up to GE, and it will end up another ghost town that only a few bother with.

DeletedUser37581

GB is nothing but a new way to soak up resources to hope people will spend money. No guild without a high level of stocked up players, or cash players can compete. And most players will be forced to choose between GE/GB, because there isn't enough troops and goods to go around. Add to that that GB rewards really don't stack up to GE, and it will end up another ghost town that only a few bother with.
Do you realize that people have been predicting doom and gloom for every new feature and game change that the developers make? And yet, somehow, against all odds, the game continues.

Agent327

With arguments like "there isn't enough troops and goods to go around" it is rather obvious you are clueless. GBG rewards are actually equal or better than GE rewards, considering you do not need a high GB to get them.

Salsuero

Maybe they do GvG, and you don't?

We're top 20 in GvG in our world. Many of the guilds below us that started in the gold league aren't even on a single GvG map.

No guild without a high level of stocked up players, or cash players can compete

We're competing just fine. It's pretty fair the way I've seen it. Having a large inventory is part of playing the game and cash players make the game work... so it's hard to complain about either.

most players will be forced to choose between GE/GB, because there isn't enough troops and goods to go around

"Most" players? According to what poll? Might even be true, but a silly statement. In a strategy game, the objective is to be better than your opponents... how is it supposed to work if "most" players are the best? There are always top, middle, and bottom of the bunch. Where do you wanna be? Go do that.