• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Battlegrounds Progress

DeletedUser28371

Keep the age of this Statue of Honor EMA forever, the 2 type of goods other than Honey, Copper and Gold are extremely valuable.
Until you get to modern then they are mostly worthless. I would expect nothing less from you.

DeletedUser28371

Well, that's pretty interesting. I'm not sure why our guild is only silver, though. We're a top 20 guild. The #8 guild is also silver league. All the rest of the top 20 are gold. Makes no sense to me when there are guilds that aren't even top 100 that are gold.
Its randomness. They said it will filter out in the next battles. Win you move up/ Lose you move down.

DeletedUser28371

GB is nothing but a new way to soak up resources to hope people will spend money. No guild without a high level of stocked up players, or cash players can compete. And most players will be forced to choose between GE/GB, because there isn't enough troops and goods to go around. Add to that that GB rewards really don't stack up to GE, and it will end up another ghost town that only a few bother with.

You assume GE wins? No. Anyone with a decent guild a, traz and a rogue hideout can blitz GE to level 2 without attrition and three if well stocked. then they can negotiate GBG.

Its GvG that is dead. Thats what they want. GvG isnt being rolled out to mobile and its broken and buggy. GBG is their excuse to get massive guilds off it so they can kill it.

DeletedUser39171

BGB is a totally money hungry ripoff. We fought hard the last hour. Not known to us was that in breaking with all real time games, the points earned in the last hour DO NOT COUNT. You stole my money and the money of my guild mates with a sick scam. I am about as mad as I can get. Pay me back what you owe me and my guild mates for holding the competition open for an hour of absolutely useless game play designed to steal our hard earned money. You have gone from a reasonable free to pay game to a total rip off.

DeletedUser33052

yep, I used diamonds for negotiations and bam sector was locke...

RazorbackPirate

From the announcement:
Victory Points
Victory Points are used to measure and count the points towards the current battleground, thus being reset every time you join a new round. Once per hour, each province that a guild holds will provide victory points. The provinces located towards the center of the map provide the highest amount of victory points, so aim to acquire those as soon as possible, and hold them for as long as you can to maximize your Victory Points!
It became pretty clear early on that the once per hour was at the top of the hour. While it's unfortunate it was not clear there would be no 6 am award, now we know. The last hour is to look at the final map and lick your wounds. Not to battle for more points that will not be awarded.

Algona

BGB is a totally money hungry ripoff. We fought hard the last hour. Not known to us was that in breaking with all real time games, the points earned in the last hour DO NOT COUNT. You stole my money and the money of my guild mates with a sick scam. I am about as mad as I can get. Pay me back what you owe me and my guild mates for holding the competition open for an hour of absolutely useless game play designed to steal our hard earned money. You have gone from a reasonable free to pay game to a total rip off.

/me looks at Thread Title.

I take it your post means you didn't do as well as you hoped?

'Casue your post doesn't seem to say how you did, just that you are unhappy.

Seems more like Feedback and should be posted in the Official Feedback thread instead of starting threads or posting off topic in threads. Possibly living up to your name is just not a good idea...

Meanwhile on topic: All three wrelds got through GBG with a lot of lessons learned. The Silver League Guild progressed to Gold, the other two stayed in Gold, The Guild up against 5 top 10 Guilds took 7th but did not demote.

Super Catanian

Most of the time, when receiving the random rewards, I usually get about one Unit of my age at a time. This time, however, after a fight (9 Attrition at the time, now at 10), I received 5 Battle Tanks (ME). Good timing, as the majority of them were still wounded and will continue to get wounded as time progresses.

DeletedUser40197

From the announcement:

It became pretty clear early on that the once per hour was at the top of the hour. While it's unfortunate it was not clear there would be no 6 am award, now we know. The last hour is to look at the final map and lick your wounds. Not to battle for more points that will not be awarded.
Sorry if this obvious to some. But what do you mean by no 6am award? Is that 6am on the very last day of the GBG? if so does that insinuate you should stop fighting prior to 6am? Between 5 and 6 be your final push?

RazorbackPirate

Sorry if this obvious to some. But what do you mean by no 6am award? Is that 6am on the very last day of the GBG? if so does that insinuate you should stop fighting prior to 6am? Between 5 and 6 be your final push?
Correct. Battlegrounds ends at 5:59 am. The last vp/hr is credited at 5 am. Therefore, any change to province ownership in the last 59 minutes, will have no effect on final standings. Bust your butt until 5 am, then sit back, relax, read them, and weep.

However, I did notice that this weeks Battleground did not start until 6:01 am. It may be that Inno has already changed the run time from 6:01 am Thursday morning to 6:00 am Monday. If this is the case, there will be one last award at 6 am. We'll know one way or the other in about a week.

Super Catanian

I'm legitimately angry. A few minutes ago, my Attrition was a little over 30, so I decided to do some negotiating. I had a Watchtower aiding me for this. Several negotiations later, I'm losing a lot of Goods and my Attrition is at 46 already. The enemy Traps have really been working their asses off against me, seeing as how I was getting double Attrition after every negotiation, several times in succession.
[The following sentence has been redacted].