• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Battlegrounds Progress

Algona

Should I?

No.

I've twice written and then deleted posts explaining to the swarm of despot wannabees (swarm? wannbees? Get it?) how to actually effectively communicate and get people to follow instructions.

Then I thought to myself.

"Self. Why are you trying to help these whiners? They either A) Will ignore it B) Get pissy about it or C) Actually listen and get better at GBG and overall Guild Management. To hell with that nonsense, screw 'em."

And deleted the posts.

Nearly five years of this forum has shown me that the rewards for trying to help folk before they actually want to be helped usually ain;t worth the game.

Meanwhile, on topic: MK Guild tried something a little different this week. Blitz to the center using Diamonded twin Siege Camps all over the place to lower Attrition. Expensive as hell in Goods and Diamonds, but why not? We had control of the center in a few hours, struck a deal with folks on the opposite side ala Cuper Catanian.

Seems to be working OK so far. We;re in first, our Ally is in second, the third Guild has less then half the VP of our ally.

Advancing with no attrition is muchest fun.

Last edited:

Super Catanian

A rogue member of our allies broke the pact. However, I am putting that to the side, seeing as how the Guild in 3rd place has gained 2 central Provinces.

Super Catanian

A rogue member of our allies broke the pact. However, I am putting that to the side, seeing as how the Guild in 3rd place has gained 2 central Provinces.
So now we have gone back to how things were mostly before. We now hold two central Provinces, while our allies hold one, but are about to take the last one from the enemy. It's better because said Province is disconnected from any other friendly Province, and they have a Siege going on with our allies. They will most likely lose it. We are in third, but making much more Victory Points than the enemy, who will surely fall to third.
A rogue member keeps making advances on us, but it is small, and they've stopped for now. Let's hope it stays that way!

barra370804

So now we have gone back to how things were mostly before. We now hold two central Provinces, while our allies hold one, but are about to take the last one from the enemy. It's better because said Province is disconnected from any other friendly Province, and they have a Siege going on with our allies. They will most likely lose it. We are in third, but making much more Victory Points than the enemy, who will surely fall to third.
A rogue member keeps making advances on us, but it is small, and they've stopped for now. Let's hope it stays that way!
One person sent a proposition for an alliance to me, here is the message:
1576719549240.png

Why we responded with "no":
1576719665676.png

Triopoly Champion

I just took 1 sector down adjacent to the purple territory, the #2 spot is pretty locked in for my guild now -
Forge of Empires - Task Force Ranked #2.jpg

I auto-fought most of this battle because the enemy province was at 99/100 -
Forge of Empires - #1 Champion Ambushed Out.jpg

Super Catanian

I'm going to relax until the end of the week knowing that our allies are in first place with almost twice as many VPs as we do. Our other enemies have less than half of what my Guild has. My relaxation reached the point to where I did no fights or negotiations yesterday. The third place Guild is making advances to a central Province of ours, but they are too far behind to beat us.

RazorbackPirate

One guild I'm in is now just running out the clock. We worked our way from 5/8 on Monday, to now 2/8 with a comfortable lead. Most of our borders are now secure under treaty, and we currently have the highest vp/hr on the board.

We're now just playing for personal rewards, hitting the few remaining sectors in the 4th ring not covered under treaty. Leaving us trading a couple of sectors back and forth with a single guild going nowhere.

It was a hard week on my resources personally, I'm mostly in rebuilt and restock mode until the next round. Glad for a few extra days of reprieve knowing that our 2nd spot finish only ensures tougher opponents next week.

Disciple of Kek

So in Korch we moved up to Platinum League last round, here's a screenshot I took of the top two guilds teaming up against the rest of the board.

This Christmas red/green checkered board is a deliberate strategy they used to effectively secure the tier 1 provinces from any competition. Notice how the provinces were 99% captured (1 advancement would take it), meaning that they could easily counter ANY guild that attempted to move towards the center.

They were unstoppable - and it totally wasn't fun. They broke GBG mechanics within 3 weeks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191221-004526_compress21.jpg
    Screenshot_20191221-004526_compress21.jpg
    565.6 KB · Views: 44

RazorbackPirate

So in Korch we moved up to Platinum League last round, here's a screenshot I took of the top two guilds teaming up against the rest of the board.

This Christmas red/green checkered board is a deliberate strategy they used to effectively secure the tier 1 provinces from any competition. Notice how the provinces were 99% captured (1 advancement would take it), meaning that they could easily counter ANY guild that attempted to move towards the center.

They were unstoppable - and it totally wasn't fun. They broke GBG mechanics within 3 weeks.
So you advance and force them to finish their advances, counter or not. Or you could sit back and complain about them breaking the mechanism. Sounds like you chose the latter. While I would agree that it's a pretty chicken shit strategy, it's all the other guilds who let it unfold.

Emberguard

Oh it was a brutal strategy. The only way to counter is to match the firepower.
to an extent I agree to it. But only to an extent. As Razor mentioned you could force them to take it. You could only use attached troops so it won’t cost you anything to attack them. Best case scenario they might waste resources when retaking so there’s that much less for next time. Worst case scenario you get to farm the rewards with your attached troops without wasting a lot of resources.

Emberguard

The good news is they cant cut off the sectors touching your starting province. The most they can do for those is half the advances every 4 hrs by taking it from each other

Salsuero

You could only use attached troops so it won’t cost you anything to attack them.

Attached troops are free? Don't they cost the resources and time to both build the barracks and to recruit them, and the land to place those barracks on? I'd hardly say there's no cost to attached troops. How many attacks can you actually do with attached troops before you can't attack anymore because they're all dead or damaged? Is your entire town dedicated to barracks to make this tactic even remotely useful in a game like GBg?