• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Expedition Championship Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser11427

I am not sure, but I don't think the enemy has as high bonuses if you are fighting EMA GE than if you are fighting Artic GE. At least on level one the bonuses are lower. I only do level one in most of my cities, but the bonuses are lower depending on the age. Therefore, you really wouldn't need to have as high of bonuses for fighting lower age GE. It still may be an even competition. It may be that it is even easier for the lower age if they can get all 3 of the gbs to level 10 than it is for artic. I had to build strike teams in my future age city to be able to complete level 3. Perhaps I should see if I can complete level 3 in my lower age cities. Some day if I get ambitious, I will try just to see. The problem is I have forgotten how to fight with the lower age troops, so I just do level one on auto with the same units every time.
I'm referring to the attack boost, not the defensive boost which varies according to member. While guilds are of course mixed, being a member of some high level guilds shows me that most members have a higher than 100% attack boost. Many members also say that completing LvL 3 is difficult even with that boost. Some are unable. Most if not all members of lower age guilds have not had the time to boost the 3 main Attack GBs to above LvL 10. Possibly they don't take a lot of sectors in GvG for a "similar" reason. I'm just saying that it's unequal, which it is.

DeletedUser8152

I believe GE is designed to be about equally hard to complete for different ages, taking the available boosts and GB levels into account. My experience suggests that is about right, but I can't claim to have studied it carefully.

DeletedUser

bptexas,
I think it all depends on how you approach the game. If you go fast on your tech you have harder fights in GE, if your bonuses have not caught up to your tech it will be difficult.
I am EMA with 90% (10 months in EMA and counting), GE is a cake walk. I have to manually do fight 47 and 48, the rest are just auto. I lost 2 rogues this week in 48.

DeletedUser14197

I'm referring to the attack boost, not the defensive boost which varies according to member. While guilds are of course mixed, being a member of some high level guilds shows me that most members have a higher than 100% attack boost. Many members also say that completing LvL 3 is difficult even with that boost. Some are unable. Most if not all members of lower age guilds have not had the time to boost the 3 main Attack GBs to above LvL 10. Possibly they don't take a lot of sectors in GvG for a "similar" reason. I'm just saying that it's unequal, which it is.

I think we must be misundersetanding each other. I have 6 cities. In 5 of my cities I do all of level 1 on auto with 2 tanks and 6 rogues. I lose a few here and there. Since I only do level 1, I have plenty of time to retrain. At any rate, In my LMA city I have a 48 boost and can easily do level 1 on auto with 2 tanks and 6 rogues. In the last section of level 1 in my LMA city, my enemy doesn't have any boost at all. In the last section of level 1 in my progressive age GE, the enemy has a 25% boost. I have 67 in one of my progressive cities and 97 I believe in the other. So I have pretty goods boosts. In my contemporary age city, in the middle of level 1 (I am not as far as the other cities), the enemy has a 50% boost and I have 95. In my modern age city, beginning of level 2 the enemy has a 35 boost and I have 98. My future age city, by the middle of level 2 the enemy has 65 boost. I have 151. The boosts I quoted for me are only attack. My defense if normally a little lower. By level 3 the enemy in my future age city will have 100% boost and even with my boosts, I find some of the battles difficult to win. Sometimes they take quite a few restarts. I am not the smartest fighter, that is sure. I figured that since LMA didn't have any boosts at the beginning that they would not have 100% boost on level 3. I could be wrong. But, maybe Im not. Of course, it is also the only city I do not have a traz. But, I do have rogue hideouts. So I have that advantage. I use mainly my attached in my future age city anyway, though I do use the unattached when I am sure I will not lose any fighters or at most one.

DeletedUser13360

My understanding was that similar guilds would be grouped together to compete. In one of the worlds I play in, my level 28 guild is up against a level 50 guild. We have little chance. How is this similar or even?
It is not based on the level of the guild, but on how many members. Guilds win by solving a higher percentage of encounters. It has nothing to do wih level. Some of our stiffest competition has come from same sized guilds, at lower levels.

DeletedUser11427

It is not based on the level of the guild, but on how many members. Guilds win by solving a higher percentage of encounters. It has nothing to do wih level. Some of our stiffest competition has come from same sized guilds, at lower levels.
I know how it's based Rose, it's just unequal. Possibly members of a lower aged guild have the same battle experience, the same attack boosts, a good number of medals, goods, and even diamonds they may have acquired from the larger amount of quests they've completed. If you've received stiff competition from a lower age guild, that may have something to do with how many in your guild participate, not from the ability of the lower age guild.

Raymora

The championship prizes are based only on participation, not points won.

I'm looking for more info on the percentage. I went to a guild with 5 players - 2 very high level and 3 not so high and yes, I was not so high lol.

When I would win a battle, the percent did not move much. It seemed that the higher level guys were increasing the % more. It is also possible that they were fighting a higher level battle (ie 30/48 vs 10/48). I did add the total battles won divided by the total possible battles and it did not match the displayed percentage.

Anyone with insight as to exactly how this percentage is calculated?

DeletedUser7289

Simple: it's based on X(# of Guild Members) x 48 (# of possible encounters). So, for example your guild (of 5) percentage would be whatever percent of the 240 possible encounters are completed. Level doesn't factor into it.

wolfhoundtoo

@Raymora

Are you sure you were looking at the % completed and not the points you gain towards the current goal? The higher aged players generate more points towards the goal that appears top middle of the screen. For completion for GE championship purposes your % contribution is exactly the same as theirs per won battle. If you see I moving more for the higher aged players in your guild (assuming you are looking at the right spot) they must be completing more battles in one sitting.

Raymora

@Raymora

Are you sure you were looking at the % completed and not the points you gain towards the current goal? The higher aged players generate more points towards the goal that appears top middle of the screen. For completion for GE championship purposes your % contribution is exactly the same as theirs per won battle. If you see I moving more for the higher aged players in your guild (assuming you are looking at the right spot) they must be completing more battles in one sitting.

I did say I checked that, but will check again. Maybe someone joined after GE started.

I did add the total battles won divided by the total possible battles and it did not match the displayed percentage.

DeletedUser26916

If someone joined after GE started, they would not show up on the participation list for current week.
As to points and difficulty of encounters, i have noted that the higher my age, the more points i generate per encounter. Also, as my attack % increases (leveling the 3 attack buildings), on level 3, i note about 1/3 of the way in, the Attack bonus of the encounters also increases, whereby about 1/2 way in, their attack % matches mine. So, yes, it becomes a strategic encounter from that point onward. There is always negotiation tho.

wolfhoundtoo

The attack % is based on the era/age that you are in currently not your actual boosts. It increases thru the 3 levels because that is one of the ways they make the higher levels more difficult to complete.

The points that you generate from GE have absolutely nothing to do with the GE championship but impacts the amounts of crowns you can produce via GE. Higher points more crowns which is based upon the age you are in when GE starts.

Algona

That's odd. We're up against only 5 other Guilds this week. It's the first time it has not been 6 other Guilds.

Does this happen to others very often?

DeletedUser25273

There may not be enough guilds in the size bracket to fill all the championship, so a couple might be short a team.