• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Expedition - Feedback

DeletedUser13838

No, if the only other prizes were coins, supplies and goods, I wouldn't do the last section for those either. If the temple blueprints are one of the prizes for the last battle this time, with 65% chance of getting it, I will not be doing that section. It cost me 30 diamonds and it could easily end up costing me more than that. No, supplies, coins, goods and blueprints are not worth spending 30 diamonds for.

Well what I mean is you have a few special prizes at 5-10% each (100 diamonds, premium building, event building, maybe something else) in addition to 65% (or whatever) for the temple BPs. Instead of the temple BPs I think it used to be goods (maybe 50 or so?) or maybe some other common item, don't recall. This week I got 100 diamonds but wanted the premium supply building. Missed out on everything else.

Although I wouldn't have minded temple BPs since I'd like to advance it past 10 without spending diamonds.

DeletedUser14197

Well what I mean is you have a few special prizes at 5-10% each (100 diamonds, premium building, event building, maybe something else) in addition to 65% (or whatever) for the temple BPs. Instead of the temple BPs I think it used to be goods (maybe 50 or so?) or maybe some other common item, don't recall. This week I got 100 diamonds but wanted the premium supply building. Missed out on everything else.

Although I wouldn't have minded temple BPs since I'd like to advance it past 10 without spending diamonds.

I think I got a good coin residential house a couple of times that I haven't gotten to on my tech tree yet, though I could be wrong. The point is, it used to be that I could do the entire level 3, just losing a few troops. They seem to have tweaked it. I can no longer win battle 13 though I built a few more strike teams even. I got stuck on this battle 2 weeks ago and never finished. Last week I learned to negotiate, and did that to complete one of the last 4 battle I couldn't win. So, whatever the prizes used to be, they simply cost me a few troops, no diamonds, no aggravation. So, I will not do the last section for a slight chance to win a good item, when I have not won one good item since GE started, as far as rare, except a few diamonds that wouldn't come close to buying any of the good items. In this game, the odds of me getting the rare items is perhaps somewhere in the vicinity of 5%, if that. Add to that all the complaints of the odds of getting anything good out of the temple, and I simply am not interested in being disappointed everyday that I didn't get anything good....... again. I liked this game before GE or the temple. I will do GE cause I get bored, but not the last section unless all the final prize are good enough to warrant spending diamonds unless I can win the battles without diamonds and without getting too frustrated.

DeletedUser13838

I lost a lot of troops and wasn't able to complete level 3 the 1st week (I was in FE). After that, I moved to AF and built 15 strike team centers. I still lose some troops here and there but that was enough for me to complete all 3 levels without much difficulty.

DeletedUser14197

I have 8 strike teams. The first 3 I built made a big difference. I can"t say I notice any differece at all after building the last 3. My zeus, aachan and cdm are all level 10. I don't have the pop to build another strike team and personally I am a bit weary of cluttering up my city with strike teams for the sole purpose of improving my bonuses. It isn't like I am using the troops and it means my traz is now producing strike teams instead of something I might like better. If people don't end up changing their minds about the temple, I will more than likely sell off my strike teams and only do GE till I start losing too many troops.

DeletedUser13838

I have the same gbs as you aside from my coa being 9. I don't see much benefit in leveling them up further at 1% per level. I'd like to get rid of some STCs as well but the relic's been ok to me (this week I got 100 fps a bazaar a watchfire 10 rogue and the rest not worth mentioning) so as long as the relic is worthwhile I'll keep playing GE and keep the STCs. My only other barracks are 1 rail gun, 2 champs (AF and FE) and 5 rogues. I get all the AF troops I need from GE and I use them. In fact those are the only troops I ever use (in fact I rarely use champs anymore).

DeletedUser14197

Since this game seems to favor some players more than others, I would have to see alot of players come back and say the temple is worth building. I will give it time to see if it is simply odds or not. Actually, GE prizes haven't improved for me since it started. It does seem to either give me a good supply of goods, or an abundance of unwanted blueprints, but it isn't any trouble doing the first 2 levels. I think I should still be able to do all of level 2 if I delete all but 3 of my strike teams. I'll probably wait a month to make up my mind what direction I want to take. But, if I decide getting the temple is not worth it (cause I am not one of the lucky ones) I may delete one strike team at a time and see if it I can still do level 2. I would be more than happy to see them go. Actually it just occurred to me, that I could take them off the road and see if I could still do GE.

Last edited by a moderator:

iamtheemperor

I have 8 strike teams. ... My zeus, aachan and cdm are all level 10. ... I am a bit weary of cluttering up my city with strike teams ... It isn't like I am using the troops and it means my traz is now producing strike teams instead of something I might like better.

I have the same setup, except for ten STCs here. What age are you in? I decided to stay in The Future, which means difficulty 1 is entirely Tomorrow troops. I have found the ginormous amount of strike teams Alcatraz churns out will easily mow through all of difficulty 1, giving a purpose to otherwise useless units and allowing me to place in the top three of the CE PvP tower each week.

OldTyme72

I still stand by my stance of removing the 2 ToR prints at the end. I play 3 worlds. Guess what I won on each? Yep. !
Two worlds I dont even have a ToR & was still upset.

DeletedUser10789

Just today (between 3 worlds with Temples) I've gotten from relics a SoK, a Bazaar, a Reno kit, 10 Rogues, and 100 FP's. Didn't spend a single diamond.
I'm happy.

Wow, now that is a true and great score. You failed to provide details of the level of your ToR's.? About how many Relic's in total are you getting per world per week that is.?

I hate to say the game is fixed or geared towards those who kiss up, because if that is the case, then I am doomed. Sorry, I call it as I see it and say it like it is. About the ToR, I love it and I have found that not the lowest level, but between levels 5-8 I did get the best rewards. Now that mine is a Level 11 and nearly a Level 12, I have NOT gotten anything good YET. I hope it changes and it would be nice for all of us to get the same chances at the same rewards. With a higher level ToR, all I have gotten is the lowest level Relic's and so far in three (3) weeks, besides seeing a picture in the forums, I have NEVER seem a Rare Relic and I would actually prefer the uncommon relic's, but that's just me. The first week when I got the ToR it was a lower level and I was super excited to see the flood of more relic's with a much higher ToR, then to only get 4 relic's for the week and then I looked to this week too and then half way thru Level 2 and I have found 3 all common relics, is starting to get frustrating to me. I wish I could knock down my ToR and go back to a certain level and stay there, as it seems the higher it is, then less I am getting. All this hard work swapping and pushing my ToR to get this garbage, so not worth it. Keep it lower and do not waste time, energy and forge points on it. Until I get something different or my BAD LUCK changes, then I remain a little "jaded" on it. No pun intended and I wish I saw one. :)

Steve - LordStevie

FYI, I have been so aggravated by the lack of drops of relics and the lack of getting something, I did file a support ticket on it. It is pretty clear that some are luckier than others and maybe that is truly the case. Although, I have seen many reports of people getting tickets in the trees, WHEN they log on and I have not. Which is why I posted on the bug report thread and submitted a ticket. Maybe it is all about my bashing of the Dev's and if that is truly the case, then Management should be aware of this discrimination. Just saying.

DeletedUser13838

For us colorblind folks how do you tell the difference between the different relics? Is there some shape or other feature aside from color? This week I received a bazaar, a watchfire and 100 fps plus a pile of blueprints. I know the 100 fps are uncommon but I'm unsure about the other. For my level 8 ToR I calced that I should expect on average about 1 rare every 3 weeks assuming I clear all 48 encounters and in those 3 weeks I have very roughly a 5/6 chance of getting 0 1 or 2. The watchfire and bazaar are the only items I've received that might be considered rare (appears bazaar is a rare and watchfire is not).

BTW I don't know if you play on mobile or desktop but I've found it hard to see tickets on a mobile app though easy to see on a desktop browser.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14197

I have the same setup, except for ten STCs here. What age are you in? I decided to stay in The Future, which means difficulty 1 is entirely Tomorrow troops. I have found the ginormous amount of strike teams Alcatraz churns out will easily mow through all of difficulty 1, giving a purpose to otherwise useless units and allowing me to place in the top three of the CE PvP tower each week.

I have not tried fighting level 1 with strike teams. I guess I could do that. I dont' know if I could place in a tower doing that or not. I would hve to check. I am future age as well. I quit working on my tech tree as I dont' want to progress into artic future at this time

DeletedUser14197

Yes, the complainers are tagged by Inno to get lousy prizes, that is why I try to include lots of smiley faces and be positive whenever possible so I can reel in all those extra goodies! :) :) :)

I am not complaining. I am stating an observation. I have run into people who have told me that they always are put in hoods where they are in the top and they were lower age than I am, so it definitely isn't a case of they are so high up, that they have to be number one. I have had certain people say they got all the rare prizes. Than I have had other people tell me that they have only gotten the bad prizes. I myself, have not gotten anything good from GE except a tigers den, which I think is ok, though no one on chat seems to think so, so perhaps I am missing something. I was thinking I finally got something I couldn't get on my own. At any rate, I am not so much complaining as stating an observation. I do not know if people are all telling me the truth. I think it is smart to plan your play on how the game is for you, not how it is for that lucky person who says they only get great prizes. I don't know if the game favors one person over another. How could I possibly knwo that. I appears that way sometimes, but of course, it can all be luck. I know that I don't tend to be lucky and I prefer to play more from strategy than depending on luck. I will stand by my statement. I will wait a month or so and see if these unlucky people come back and say, they do occasionally get a good prize, the temple is worth it if you are patient. If after a month or so, they are still just getting crummy prizes, than why would I, an unlucky person, want to build a building that takes so much space, just to be aggravated every day when I get a crummy prize. I would much prefer my game to give me a good feeling, than to disappoint me on a daily basis. GE no longer disapoints me. I will only go as far as it is not frustrating and doesn't cost me too many troops. It gives me something to do when I am bored.

DeletedUser7289

Wow, now that is a true and great score. You failed to provide details of the level of your ToR's.? About how many Relic's in total are you getting per world per week that is.?
As I said earlier, I really don't feel like tracking everything or listing all my attempts. I'm not an accountant. I play for fun. And all I was saying is that I've gotten some good things from my 3 Temples.

DeletedUser9640

For us colorblind folks how do you tell the difference between the different relics? Is there some shape or other feature aside from color? This week I received a bazaar, a watchfire and 100 fps plus a pile of blueprints. I know the 100 fps are uncommon but I'm unsure about the other. For my level 8 ToR I calced that I should expect on average about 1 rare every 3 weeks assuming I clear all 48 encounters and in those 3 weeks I have very roughly a 5/6 chance of getting 0 1 or 2. The watchfire and bazaar are the only items I've received that might be considered rare (appears bazaar is a rare and watchfire is not).

BTW I don't know if you play on mobile or desktop but I've found it hard to see tickets on a mobile app though easy to see on a desktop browser.

Yes the different types of relics are shaped differently, jade is a dragon, gold is a statue with arms in, silver is statue with arms open

And I'm in the camp that temple is a must have. I've got one on all of my worlds and have been quite happy. I've pulled in over 300 fps last week plus 2 event buildings and probably 500 or more goods, all for doing something I'd be doing anyway. I don't really see any reason not to put it up.

OldTyme72

PS. This is not feedback on the ToR. K. thx.

Back on topic. 5 weeks in a row the final prize of ToR prints. Come on man. Remove it already. There are plenty of chances on the trail.
Make the final reward an actual reward.
#SOKlivesmatter

DeletedUser13838

I don't agree. I need relic prints and I've gotten 1 the last 2 weeks in GE.

wolfhoundtoo

My thought on the blueprints at the end would be that I would expect many people may still want it. if that last section isn't worth it for you then don't do it. As for the game making it harder to do GE I don't believe it has gotten more difficult. They cycle through standard formations that they utilize and most people will tend to have trouble with certain troop lineups. People tend to keep to a particular strategy or when utilizing different troop types than they use most of the time may not be utilizing as effectively as the troops they are used to using.

As for the TOR it is a hit or miss type GB. Some weeks I get good prizes and some weeks I get little to no prizes which can tend to be blueprints. However the only way you can be disappointed is if you begin 'expecting' a certain level or type of prize. If you are doing GE because you find it fun or when bored then anything you get from relics either doesn't matter to you (which is me when I get blueprints) or you may get lucky and get a prize that you want (and thus consider good). Problem for most people is that the prizes are set up for all types of players so I'd suggest you simply play the parts of GE that work for you and enjoy the relics you get (and don't think that you'll get a certain 'return' on building the temple). it is has mentioned a 'gambling' GB which means some people will get more and better relics than others (although I wouldn't necessarily believe anyone claiming to get only the best prizes as people may simply be having fund exaggerating their prizes).

As for the thought that the game 'favors' people, I suggest you don't get carried away. The game developers aren't going to bother altering the odds for individual players as there is simply no reason for them to do so. The design of GE is meant to generate lots of small amounts of revenue for the game (via the usage of diamonds to complete) so there is no reason to favor anyone. Please remember that the nature of the TOR will give results that can vary wildly from week to week. This is no different than the times players have been convinced that the drop rate of blueprints isn't working because they haven't received as many as they did the week before (or for that matter the complains from the soccer game or anything else that works on probability that people insist on thinking means you can 'expect' a certain rate of return).